Hyatt Diamond Challenge & M-Life

Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Hyatt Diamond Challenge & M-Life

Hello FT,

I am in the middle of a Diamond Challenge and getting ready to book a trip to Vegas. I am not sure if nights at an M-Life property would be credited toward my challenge nights so I called Hyatt's Diamond Line. The CSR that answered my question didn't know what M-Life was which makes me more than a little nervous. The CSR clearly needed to ask someone to get an answer to my question and put me on hold for about 10 minutes. When they returned they said that the nights at any M-Life property would indeed count toward my challenge. I know its early in the game for a question like this but has anyone had any success in this endeavor? I am apprehensive to believe a CSR that didn't know what M-Life was...
Old Jun 24, 2013, 1:10 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by bdelvec
Hello FT,

I am in the middle of a Diamond Challenge and getting ready to book a trip to Vegas. I am not sure if nights at an M-Life property would be credited toward my challenge nights so I called Hyatt's Diamond Line. The CSR that answered my question didn't know what M-Life was which makes me more than a little nervous. The CSR clearly needed to ask someone to get an answer to my question and put me on hold for about 10 minutes. When they returned they said that the nights at any M-Life property would indeed count toward my challenge. I know its early in the game for a question like this but has anyone had any success in this endeavor? I am apprehensive to believe a CSR that didn't know what M-Life was...

Check out the Hyatt FAQS: http://hyatt.com/hyatt/customer-serv....jsp#900009330

Here is the answer to your current question though... not sure if it counts for trials too.

20. Do M life-Eligible Stays and M life-Eligible Nights at participating M life resorts count towards Hyatt Gold Passport tier status?
Yes, M life-Eligible Stays and M life-Eligible Nights at participating M life resorts count towards Hyatt Gold Passport tier status.

Last edited by Dad to GO; Jun 24, 2013 at 1:21 pm
Old Jun 24, 2013, 1:18 pm
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I am in the middle of a Diamond Challenge and getting ready to book a trip to Vegas. I am not sure if nights at an M-Life property would be credited toward my challenge nights so I called Hyatt's Diamond Line. … When they returned they said that the nights at any M-Life property would indeed count toward my challenge.
This is incorrect. @HyattPR has confirmed multiple times on Twitter that only stays at Hyatt properties, not MGM Resorts, will count toward a Diamond Trial.

Those stays at MGM will count toward maintaining your status at the end of the year, but not the trial.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Scottrick
This is incorrect. @HyattPR has confirmed multiple times on Twitter that only stays at Hyatt properties, not MGM Resorts, will count toward a Diamond Trial.

Those stays at MGM will count toward maintaining your status at the end of the year, but not the trial.
Called back 3 different CSR's all put me on hold forever and returned with the same answer of Yes....I guess we will find out got a 2 night stay tomorrow I'll call again Friday see if it counted.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:53 pm

Called back 3 different CSR's all put me on hold forever and returned with the same answer of Yes....I guess we will find out got a 2 night stay tomorrow I'll call again Friday see if it counted.
Keep us updated - I think there are a lot of us wondering this same thing as the answers seem to differ. ^
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Stay did not post, called Diamond Line they said it will take 3 days to post and if it doesn't they will add them
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Scottrick

I, as well as several others (See the recent posts in the Hyatt Diamond Trial Discussion Thread), received email replies from Hyatt customer service confirming stays/nights at Mlife resorts count towards the completion of Diamond Trial.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:20 am

Stay did not post, called Diamond Line they said it will take 3 days to post and if it doesn't they will add them
They said it takes only 3 days? I was told it will takes up to 4 weeks....
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dingalpha
They said it takes only 3 days? I was told it will takes up to 4 weeks....
This is when THEY are able to POST the nights to my account who knows how long it will take for it to SHOW on my account...ugh
Old Jul 8, 2013, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Update: Vegas nights have posted to my account both Diamond Line CSR and an email from Gold Passport confirmed that my nights count for the challenge. The nights through M-Life can sometimes take upwards of 30 days to post Gold Passport will apply the nights retroactively so if you stay at a property during your challenge they will still count even if they don't post until after your challenge ends.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 8:32 am

Thanks for the update - that is great news. ^
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:20 am

Programs: A few
Yes thanks for the update, however I did see another Twitter post from Hyatt today confirming the exact opposite. Kind of annoying to have the very confusing position.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Yes thanks for the update, however I did see another Twitter post from Hyatt today confirming the exact opposite. Kind of annoying to have the very confusing position.
Wow, they need to get on the same page here...
Old Jul 10, 2013, 2:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by Nick311
Wow, they need to get on the same page here...
I have replied to that tweet along with sending an email to Hyatt Management with previous correspondence stating that the stays do qualify for the trial (eligible rate, yadda yadda yadda).

It is frustrating when they can't even get there story straight, and reading the link they provide, there is nothing about the diamond trial at all...
Old Jul 10, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Response via Twitter DM:

Hello. We understand the confusion, & thanks to the information you've provided, we've been able to follow up with all teams to be (cont'd)
sure the correct information is given out. This is a new relationship, so we appreciate the help.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.