Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

DUBAI: Park Hyatt or Grand Hyatt?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Heading to Dubai this summer for a weekend layover from India and planning on redeeming Gold Passport points for the two night stay.

Have previously stayed at the Sheraton Jumeira Beach.

Both Hyatt's look fairly close to each other. Any opinions on one over the other? There is also the Hyatt Regency.
I am a GP Diamond, so I would get lounge access as well.

Thanks!

Last edited by jgincolorado; Mar 15, 2012 at 7:08 pm
Old Mar 15, 2012, 9:04 pm

Programs: American Exe Plat, Emirates Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Starwood Plat
My wife and I stayed at both about a year ago now. I am a diamond as well.

The Park Hyatt is much grander and felt more exclusive. Rooms were well appointed and great detail. No club lounge so we got free breakfast in the restaurant with was awesome and had a retail price of something like $40 each. The grounds were fantastic and had a great river view. Nothing much more around that area though and not much to do at the hotel.

The Grand Hyatt is larger and does have the club lounge. We got a room on the club floor. Food was good but not like the Park Hyatt. The pool area is larger and has more kid friendly activities. The hotel also has more restaurant choices that are more reasonable. The pyramid mall (sorry forgot the name) is also very close. You could probably walk if you wanted.

While I think you can see the two hotels together, the Park Hyatt being on the other side of the river was a longer taxi ride to the attractions we were going to.
I would say it if is just adults stay at the Park Hyatt. If you have kids, go with the Grand.

Hope this helps. Enjoy.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:50 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
This is one circumstance where it's not a no-brainer to choose the Park. Indeed the rates are often higher at the Grand, not that it's relevant to the OP.

Having stayed at both multiple times, I agree with swthomas98. The Park is a very attractive, elegant hotel. The pool area is pretty, the rooms have balconies overlooking the creek, and the restaurants are very good. But the location is strange -- you really cannot walk from the hotel anywhere (not that that's unheard-of in Dubai) -- and the rooms are generally not good unless you're by yourself or in a couple, as the bathroom is open plan with no door separating it from the bedroom.

The Grand has a lot more amenities, including many very good restaurants and bars, as well as a slightly better location. Everything in the hotel is huge -- it's one of the largest pools I have ever seen -- but the service is still excellent. And the club is solid, with full food and drink offerings.

In short, these are both very good hotels and you would be happy with either, I think, depending on what you're looking for.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the useful information. Since we are bringing my 16 year old stepdaughter with us, I think we will go with the Grand Hyatt. I am sure I will be back and can try the Park Hyatt on a future trip.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:39 am

Another vote for GH, which is walking distance (about 10 min, but in the heat, of course) to the metro, which takes you to some of the major malls and attractions.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 3:13 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
My vote clearly goes to rhe PH! Much nicer rooms and area. Only problem is the unfriendly to rude security staff.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
The PH is 100% more classier than the GH. But, it really depends what you are looking for.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 1:40 pm

Unless anything has changed since Feb 2011, GH feels dated and the pool are reminds me of children's water park.

PH is more exclusive, very nice to walk along the creek... more of a chill-out vibe than the GH.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
It sounds like the Park isn't close to much. What sort of taxi prices would one expect to pay to get near the touristy things? $15, $20 each way . . .?
Old Aug 2, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Originally Posted by danger
It sounds like the Park isn't close to much. What sort of taxi prices would one expect to pay to get near the touristy things? $15, $20 each way . . .?
I stayed at the PH last month and never paid more than about 40 AED for a taxi to just about anyplace in Dubai. (Burj Khalifa, etc.)
Old Aug 2, 2013, 9:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by wolf539
I stayed at the PH last month and never paid more than about 40 AED for a taxi to just about anyplace in Dubai. (Burj Khalifa, etc.)
That's good to know, thank you.

I'd almost resigned myself to staying at the Regency. I know it's not in a good location but it's considerably cheaper so I figured the money I'd save on accommodation I could spend on taxis.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 10:36 pm

Any updates from folks who have stayed at either of these two properties? Or is there another Hyatt property in Dubai I should consider?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 3:51 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by awaite01
Any updates from folks who have stayed at either of these two properties? Or is there another Hyatt property in Dubai I should consider?
Just stayed at the PH Dubai again, again a great stay.

The new Hyatt on the other side of the creek is open now - but did not visit it.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:00 am

The PH Dubai was such a great stay that I honestly wouldn't look anywhere else. The location is amazing and away from the hustle and bustle, but the Metro is a short walk away and taxis/hotel cars are readily available.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:05 am

Park Hyatt -- no contest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.