Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Busan - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Busan - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by benji2227
Thank you Aventine for the regular updates!
Do you usually get upgraded to the Ocean View rooms?

I'll stay there for 7 to 12 nights this summer: with DSUs, do they only offer the Twin Suites? I heard on this forum there is a possibility to get king beds (on availability), what is the best person to get in contact with?
You will most likely get a Park Executive suite. I would make sure you secure the DSU with the property because summers in Busan are the hotel's peak periods especially when Korean children are on summer vacation from late July to last week of August. The twin bed suite is often sold to those with families. It's on the marina view end of the hotel.

[email protected] is your best bet as he's the director of rooms.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The Living Room is now a French brasserie and the quality and depth of the dishes is day and night better than it used to be. We were invited once by the chef and dined there again when he was away this past weekend. Very little drop off in cooking the menu.

They also have dishes from all the main meat categories (beef, fish, lamb, chicken and pork) and a vegetarian entree.

Korean food, Japanese sushi and grilled meats are now at the Dining room on the 32nd floor.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Update from the southern coast of Korea.

Two things that impressed me tonight.

Staff member taking off her shoes to come into our room with a package. It's not required at all but shows she respects this as our "home" and no shoes in a clean, indoor environment as happens in Northeast Asia.

Room service trying very hard to please a wife with fries similar to ones from Tokyo Andaz. It's those little things that make a stay and property special.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
You will most likely get a Park Executive suite. I would make sure you secure the DSU with the property because summers in Busan are the hotel's peak periods especially when Korean children are on summer vacation from late July to last week of August. The twin bed suite is often sold to those with families. It's on the marina view end of the hotel.

[email protected] is your best bet as he's the director of rooms.
Thanks! I just secured my DSU, I'll message Mr. Wagner and see how it goes. ^

EDIT : so it turned out that they upgraded me to a Park Executive suite (as you said). Great! A King bed and a nice view ahead as I understand!

EDIT 2: FYI my email got forwarded to Mr. Scott Baek, as he is apparently the new director of rooms in PH Busan, as Mr. Wagner is moving to an other property.

Last edited by benji2227; Apr 10, 2015 at 5:44 am
Old Apr 11, 2015, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks! I just secured my DSU, I'll message Mr. Wagner and see how it goes. ^

EDIT : so it turned out that they upgraded me to a Park Executive suite (as you said). Great! A King bed and a nice view ahead as I understand!

EDIT 2: FYI my email got forwarded to Mr. Scott Baek, as he is apparently the new director of rooms in PH Busan, as Mr. Wagner is moving to an other property.
Scott Baek is a great guy. You're in great hands!

You should try the new French Brasserie. I've been very impressed by Chef Keenan and his efforts to bring the F&B up to international PH standards.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 11:58 am

I ate the lunch menu at the dining room this 12th February, was the new Chef already introduced?

Not much to say about the sashimi salad and the meat, both were great.

Old Apr 11, 2015, 11:31 pm

Reservation for Wife: C+P w/DSU or Guest of Honor (Park Hyatt Busan - South Korea)

Planning a visit at Park Hyatt Busan with my family but there's a chance I might not be able to make it.

As of now I have booked a room with C+P and upgraded with a DSU and added my wife as a 2nd guest. A second reservation is showing up in my account with my wife's name.

Even if I don't show up would my wife be able to receive Diamond benefits? I know doing a Guest of Honor booking will make things easier but I would like to get a stay credit and suite if it's possible. And not sure if the Guest of Honor program will be properly applied to my wife's stay.

I was told prior to the GOH program, 2nd Guest of a diamond member booked room can receive benefits if it was booked with points but not when with a revenue stay (such as full revenue or Cash + Points booking). Is this still the case?

I would like to get a stay credit but if it's bending the rules, I would rather cancel the current one and just book a GOH.

Any advice or experience?
Old Apr 12, 2015, 12:45 am

For DSU you will need to be there.

Even without DSU you are supposed to be there - some hotels are stricter than others and will not provide benefits until you present yourself. It's just a case of YMMV.

GOH is only for full points booking, not P&C or revenue.

If you want the least amount of unexpected issues, book the GOH. And even if you do go for the P&C route, don't use the DSU because the hotel will most likely cancel it.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 12:52 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Do hotels in South Korea request passports for ID? If so, they may let your wife check in but will ask to have your passport when you arrive. Also, given how much attention PHs pay to their Diamond guests, you're failure to turn up won't go unnoticed.

Best case scenario they might allow it to happen.

Worst case scenario the hotel could alter your reservation to the full RACK rate and return the DSU and points.

Do you really want that risk and stress?
Old Apr 12, 2015, 7:53 am

Yes. Hotels in S Korea require passports for check in.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I ate the lunch menu at the dining room this 12th February, was the new Chef already introduced?

Not much to say about the sashimi salad and the meat, both were great.
That's good. The wholesale changes came mid of last month. I think those are from the Dining Room but it's the living room that's become the French Brasserie.

Last edited by peteropny; Apr 12, 2015 at 1:04 pm Reason: Removal of quoted pic
Old Apr 12, 2015, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I would recommend asking the property directly. Director of Rooms: [email protected]. They're very reasonable people and would probably be willing to help you out. Never hurts to ask and ask some more.

Last edited by peteropny; Apr 12, 2015 at 1:07 pm
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The Spring vegetable set at Dining Room was one of the least enjoyable meals I've had in a long time. Just vegetable overload and nothing of the Korean spring mountain variety kind either. The wine pairings just illustrated how poorly conceived this set menu was because they don't do anything for/with the vegetables.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
15K points or 7.5K points & $100 USD

I have an overnight stay here coming up next week, and was wondering what some HGP members think is a better use of points. Full 15k,HGP/free room, or 7.5k,HGP+$100USD+taxes?

I have a few hotel stays coming up in TPE & PEK, but lack status with Hyatt, & I just wondered if most of you would grab the freebie, or save 1/2 and pay the CASH portion. I have the exact same option on the GH Taipei the following week.

Thanks!^

LFC
Old Apr 25, 2015, 3:49 pm

What I noticed with busan is that the rates are pretty volatile on the high side, which means when the rate gets around 300 or even 400, I'd definitely do points or points & cash... (as opposed to pay cash)

I usually get a better value out of 7'500 points than 100$ so I usually go with P&C. But then it's up to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.