Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Busan - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Busan - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jasonkr
As a Diamond member, did anyone get extra bed fee waived?
They are asking me to pay $55 per night. :/

You probably got a stickler for front desk person. Ask to speak to Mr. Wagner, director of rooms about it.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: Delta Plat IHG Dia, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Global Entry, TSA ✓
Originally Posted by Aventine
You probably got a stickler for front desk person. Ask to speak to Mr. Wagner, director of rooms about it.
yep, probably. I called them in advance and they told me that I need to pay 55,000 Won ($~55) per night. should I contact Mr. Wagner in advance or contact him during check in? do you have his email?

I don't know, but I heard policy regarding rollaway bed has been changed recently

Last edited by Jasonkr; Jul 25, 2014 at 12:22 pm
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

yep, probably. I called them in advance and they told me that I need to pay 55,000 Won ($~55) per night. should I contact Mr. Wagner in advance or contact him during check in? do you have his email?

I don't know, but I heard policy regarding rollaway bed has been changed recently
[email protected] I believe. Good luck.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 12:09 am

Programs: Delta Plat IHG Dia, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Global Entry, TSA ✓
[email protected] I believe. Good luck.
Thanks!
Yeah, there is additional charge for rollaway bed (~$54 per night) even for Platinum and Diamond members.
Policy changed this year.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 4:08 am

- Lack of explanation of Diamond benefit during check-in (Sauna, In-Room dining availability, etc)
- No upgrade for Diamond member (totally understandable, since I checked in around 5PM & told me it was fully booked. or she didn't recognize me as Diamond member? )
- Did not even thank me for being Diamond member when I was checking in , later I got a call from front desk to choose between 1,000 GP points or fruits
- No nightly turndown service on first night (Wasn't that big deal, but somewhat disappointing)
- First floor concierge staff was trying to lecture me when I tried to give him a phone bill that I received (3,000 KRW for 1 minute local call) (I assume he did not know what to do, even though paper instructed me to return it to first floor concierge)
- Regarding quality of service; NOT constant.

Disappointing stay compare to Park Hyatt Seoul.
Luxury is Personal? no, not in Park Hyatt Busan.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

- Lack of explanation of Diamond benefit during check-in (Sauna, In-Room dining availability, etc)
- No upgrade for Diamond member (totally understandable, since I checked in around 5PM & told me it was fully booked. or she didn't recognize me as Diamond member? )
- Did not even thank me for being Diamond member when I was checking in , later I got a call from front desk to choose between 1,000 GP points or fruits
- No nightly turndown service on first night (Wasn't that big deal, but somewhat disappointing)
- First floor concierge staff was trying to lecture me when I tried to give him a phone bill that I received (3,000 KRW for 1 minute local call) (I assume he did not know what to do, even though paper instructed me to return it to first floor concierge)
- Regarding quality of service; NOT constant.

Disappointing stay compare to Park Hyatt Seoul.
Luxury is Personal? no, not in Park Hyatt Busan.
I'm currently on a boycott of Park Hyatt Busan. The spa infuriated me for the last time and I've encountered the same issues you have. Looking forward to Japan for the ultimate service experience.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:38 am

Angry

I'm currently on a boycott of Park Hyatt Busan. The spa infuriated me for the last time and I've encountered the same issues you have. Looking forward to Japan for the ultimate service experience.
Man, why did I use Chase free night certificates for this hotel.. ugh...
seriously if they are going to treat guests like this
they should rename Park Hyatt Busan to Hyatt Regency Busan or Grand Hyatt Busan.

another thing to add,
I Saw hotel staff laughing (First floor, felt uncomfortable) and talking (Fourth floor Lumi spa desk) with co-worker. oh well..
Not going to stay there till quality of service changes significantly.
bye bye Park Hyatt Busan!
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Man, why did I use Chase free night certificates for this hotel.. ugh...
seriously if they are going to treat guests like this
they should rename Park Hyatt Busan to Hyatt Regency Busan or Grand Hyatt Busan.

another thing to add,
I Saw hotel staff laughing (First floor, felt uncomfortable) and talking (Fourth floor Lumi spa desk) with co-worker. oh well..
Not going to stay there till quality of service changes significantly.
bye bye Park Hyatt Busan!

If you feel so aggrieved about it then request your certificate to be given back by management. I used points and they pissed us off enough that I asked for my points back. They were given.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:22 am

If you feel so aggrieved about it then request your certificate to be given back by management. I used points and they pissed us off enough that I asked for my points back. They were given.
Thanks Aventine,
I will take this issue to GP if I don't hear back from Park Hyatt Busan within a week or so, will see how it goes

Don't they mark you off as people who complained?
I remember there was thread discussing about that
Old Aug 7, 2014, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks Aventine,
I will take this issue to GP if I don't hear back from Park Hyatt Busan within a week or so, will see how it goes

Don't they mark you off as people who complained?
I remember there was thread discussing about that
Let them. We've given this hotel a myriad of chances and they've managed to cock it up time after time. Our complaints are nothing trivial and things a Park Hyatt should not be getting wrong.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond, HHonors: Diamond, SPG: Gold
Any luck with diamond suite certs for King suites at this property?

Mrs. Selfish and I are doing a Park Hyatt Seoul/Park Hyatt Busan trip in October. I was able to get a P&C stay at the PHB, but only the twin suites were available using a suite certificate.

Has anyone had any luck upgrading to a King suite at this property? The Hyatt rep I spoke with seemed to think that they rarely released them for diamond suite certs.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by MisterSelfish
Mrs. Selfish and I are doing a Park Hyatt Seoul/Park Hyatt Busan trip in October. I was able to get a P&C stay at the PHB, but only the twin suites were available using a suite certificate.

Has anyone had any luck upgrading to a King suite at this property? The Hyatt rep I spoke with seemed to think that they rarely released them for diamond suite certs.
Try to email Mr. Wagner, director of rooms, as Aventine mentioned.
He might do.. something for you
[email protected]

If you don't talk to him I believe you will need to pay extra ($50 per night or so) at check-in
Good luck!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I've gotten the Executive Marina view suite and a normal Park suite before on cash and points with DSU. Just beware the Busan international film festival can cause high prices and occupancy. Might want to see your dates and theirs.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond, HHonors: Diamond, SPG: Gold
Yikes! Thanks for the tip - looks like we'll be there just a few days later.

The diamond reservation desk made the request on my behalf. I decided to remove the suite certificate since I'd prefer a regular room with a king-sized bed to an upgrade with twins (seriously, who is getting a suite with twin beds?).

I sent an email out to the GM. Will let everyone know how it goes!
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yikes! Thanks for the tip - looks like we'll be there just a few days later.

The diamond reservation desk made the request on my behalf. I decided to remove the suite certificate since I'd prefer a regular room with a king-sized bed to an upgrade with twins (seriously, who is getting a suite with twin beds?).

I sent an email out to the GM. Will let everyone know how it goes!
I can't see why they wouldn't give you a suite since it won't be peak season for Busan anyway. I sent you a PM with some more information too. Good luck to the Selfishes lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.