Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Busan - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Busan - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2013, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Did you happen to try the Sunday brunch at Living Room?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:15 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt - L. Dia. Hilton Dia. Priority Club Plat.
Did not have the Living room brunch, but will try it next Sunday. Walked through there around 9:30 on the way to 32nd floor dining room and it was busy.

I wonder if the brunch is comped for Diamonds like the other breakfast? Guess I will find out. Fresh squeezed juices are wonderful. ^
Old Jul 23, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by pjs100
I wonder if the brunch is comped for Diamonds like the other breakfast?
If Sunday Brunch is done correctly in a five star hotel it should be nothing like 'the other breakfast' and thus not comped.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
If Sunday Brunch is done correctly in a five star hotel it should be nothing like 'the other breakfast' and thus not comped.
The Sunday brunch is 93,000 won and it's definitely not comped. Is it worth it? Maybe to some but I like a better variety of hot to cold dishes and more than one beverage for the meal.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
I stayed here for 2 nights June... was upgraded to the diplomat suite, which was stunning... In terms of hardware, the hotel itself and the rooms were fantastic, but as some has mentioned, the service was a bit of a hit and miss... The thing I didn't like was that the concierge was on the lobby floor, which was at the top of the building.... On the ground floor where the entrance is, there was only a bellman's desk.. However, a lot of guests, including myself, used that desk as if they were the concierge, asking questions about where to go eat, what to do, transportation arrangement, etc... I give them credit for trying, but their English wasn't that best, and their knowledge of those subjects were quite poor... They should just relocate their concierge desk down to the ground floor...
Old Sep 18, 2013, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by tfung
I stayed here for 2 nights June... was upgraded to the diplomat suite, which was stunning... In terms of hardware, the hotel itself and the rooms were fantastic, but as some has mentioned, the service was a bit of a hit and miss... The thing I didn't like was that the concierge was on the lobby floor, which was at the top of the building.... On the ground floor where the entrance is, there was only a bellman's desk.. However, a lot of guests, including myself, used that desk as if they were the concierge, asking questions about where to go eat, what to do, transportation arrangement, etc... I give them credit for trying, but their English wasn't that best, and their knowledge of those subjects were quite poor... They should just relocate their concierge desk down to the ground floor...
What room had you booked?
Old Sep 18, 2013, 7:17 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by keirnna
What room had you booked?
Doesn't really matter, he's Courtesy Card
Old Sep 18, 2013, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
Doesn't really matter, he's Courtesy Card
Point taken. I'm booked for early Nevember.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The spa can be hit or miss too. Wife had different therapists with varying results. It's a small facility and was packed to the gills on Thursday with kids and families. Noise hell.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 11:33 pm

Programs: TK*G, SK*S, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Charge for using the swimming pool?

I just booked an "opening special"-rate for the upcoming weekend. Some of the more expensive rates came with free access to the health club. Does anyone know if this means that it otherwise costs money to use the pool / gym? If so, how much?
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:23 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Stayed again right before the Busan International Film Festival... No change since my previous stay, but the hotel was pretty full and there was at least a half hour wait for a table at breakfast in the morning when we went around 8:30am..

On a separate note, I went with my parents who were staying in a separate room booked under my name. But at checkout, was only given free breakfast for the room I was staying in and they said it was hotel policy that the DM/CC breakfast was only for the cardholder's room...
Old Oct 15, 2013, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by tfung
Stayed again right before the Busan International Film Festival... No change since my previous stay, but the hotel was pretty full and there was at least a half hour wait for a table at breakfast in the morning when we went around 8:30am..

On a separate note, I went with my parents who were staying in a separate room booked under my name. But at checkout, was only given free breakfast for the room I was staying in and they said it was hotel policy that the DM/CC breakfast was only for the cardholder's room...
I thought that it was good for up to 4 people:

2 During periods of high demand access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge may not be available; therefore Diamond members will receive 2,500 bonus points per stay plus daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) for each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 3:37 pm

Just had a great stay. This place is so much nicer than the Westin it's not even funny. We tried both. I had been to Busan many times but always stayed downtown.

The first night a double bed was not available. I had booked a king but requested a double at the time of booking. I realized there was a chance that would happen and the hotel did everything they could to accommodate us even bringing a second bed in the room. It wasn't that big of a deal and the next day we were able to be changed to a double bed!

We had a dinner at the 32nd floor while staying at the hotel and the service was amateur. Not what I'd expect for spending nearly $250. I could tell the waitstaff was trying hard and I realize the hotel just opened this year, but service certainly wasn't as polished as I'd expect at a Park Hyatt. This was limited to the restaurant because the service in the rest of the hotel was excellent.

I will definitely be back again and look forward to the staff in the restaurants getting more polished.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
Just had a great stay. This place is so much nicer than the Westin it's not even funny. We tried both. I had been to Busan many times but always stayed downtown.

The first night a double bed was not available. I had booked a king but requested a double at the time of booking. I realized there was a chance that would happen and the hotel did everything they could to accommodate us even bringing a second bed in the room. It wasn't that big of a deal and the next day we were able to be changed to a double bed!

We had a dinner at the 32nd floor while staying at the hotel and the service was amateur. Not what I'd expect for spending nearly $250. I could tell the waitstaff was trying hard and I realize the hotel just opened this year, but service certainly wasn't as polished as I'd expect at a Park Hyatt. This was limited to the restaurant because the service in the rest of the hotel was excellent.

I will definitely be back again and look forward to the staff in the restaurants getting more polished.
Were you at Living Room or Dining room?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Were you at Living Room or Dining room?
Whatever one is on the 32nd floor. I think dining room. Dumb names.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.