Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Busan - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Busan - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2016, 4:26 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Indeed I am taking the occasion to get out in the evening this week. It is simply that on some days I am tired and would not mind staying "home" in the lounge rather than be on the move if I have done so all day.

The absence of lounge is more an issue in the evening rather than in the morning because as you guys said, the breakfast in the restaurant is nice.

Some other hotels without a lounge provide an alternative instead, like free drinks and/or snacks somewhere else on the property. I guess it sounds like it is not necessarily the case with Park Hyatts so I will check ahead of time before booking in the future.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
The PH Seoul (Gangnam) does not have lounge either, but DIA members get certain beverages & snacks free during happy hour at their hotel bar on the main street level. Choices were, when I was there in April, imported beer on tap, red/white wine, or any cocktail of your choice ( I did not ask for any expensive scotch or whiskeys though)

They had a champagne & sushi hour week nights, but it is not included in the DIA drinks benefits.

I was there for 1h, and had a few rounds before heading out for dinner in the neighborhood. Combined with the free room service breakfast, or buffet at Cornerstones, I felt they treated DIA members very well.

Overall, in Asia, I have received "most" value for my DIA benefit.^

Enjoy PS Busan, the front line personnel are not as polished as their Seoulite counterparts, but they are definitely friendly and willing to help on any matter you may have.:-:

LFC
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:47 pm

Staying here later this month and wanted to confirm my understanding on the rooms:

x01 and x05 both have views: x01 is part ocean, part building next door, x05 is part marina, part ocean? Seems like x05 if the best view overall, then? I ask because Aventine mentioned x01 for the view but that may have been in response to a specific request for sunrise/sunset view.

I'll probably try for x05 regardless because of the bathtub with a view.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Prices at the Park Hyatt and the Westin are identical for the weekend I'm looking at. I'm top tier at both chains - any ideas which one I should choose?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Prices at the Park Hyatt and the Westin are identical for the weekend I'm looking at. I'm top tier at both chains - any ideas which one I should choose?
Without doubt, Park Hyatt.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by scented
Without doubt, Park Hyatt.
+1

Beautiful New Hotel with amazing hard product. If you are there on a week-end, it is quite crowded with families, but otherwise the weekdays are less stressful IME.

I loved the Bridge view best at night with the light and water fountain show.

Enjoy.

LFC
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
The Westin Chosun is near the beach but it's much older and very short compared to the 33 storey PH. No great views really and bad traffic by Dongbaek road. You would definitely rather have a modern suite at the PH than an aging one at the Chosun.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 5:18 pm

Booked here for February. Used a DSU to upgrade to a Suite but it looks like I got the Family Suite as well. Tried to contact Scott Baek from an earlier post in the thread but the email bounced. Does anyone have another contact for the hotel? Would much rather have a king bed and a better view.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Anyone stayed here during South koreas peak season in the summer? Easy over crowded? How are the rates usually?
Staying here for three nights in the end of august. Scored a BRG-deal of 276usd a night, inc taxes, way better deal than their original rate was of 383usd a night. However seeing people in the BRG-thread found as low as 190usd, although off season, makes me want to continue my BRG-reserach.

I'm a bit early with my hotel reservations but they are all flexible so why not. Better be early than late.

Last edited by joakgarp; Feb 9, 2017 at 3:33 am
Old Feb 13, 2017, 3:55 am

The end of August is near the end of the peak summer season. It might be less crowded than in early August but I would expect it to be crowded. I think 276 usd all in is a good rate for that period.

I just finished my stay and was able to switch from a family suite to a different suite for $20 per night. Also, as a Diamond, breakfast was included but it explicitly stated that room service breakfast was not.
Old May 4, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: ______
Anyone know if I had booked a room and used a DSU would I be able to link my gf's free night to extend the suite night or would they switch us out to a regular room? (strict about this? any experience?)
Old May 4, 2017, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by TravelTW
Anyone know if I had booked a room and used a DSU would I be able to link my gf's free night to extend the suite night or would they switch us out to a regular room? (strict about this? any experience?)
Your GF is a Diamond, I guess?
Don't just ask the front desk, you will get no favors. The staff is not empowered at all (korean style management...)
To get anything you'll need to address your request to a front desk manager, for instance (at a minimum). I've gotten favours regularly such a prolonging suite upgrades, or adding it to my (own) free night.
They are accomodating but you have to aim higher up

Same with breakfast. No way to get chocolate sauce with my pancakes by asking the normal staff (they only serve maple syrup). However I got it without problem by asking the manager. A lack of common sense empowerment in that hotel...
Old May 4, 2017, 4:26 pm

Did the same thing on a recent stay. Suite we had booked was not available during the free night reservation, but were offered to upgrade one more level of suite for W22,000 (~$22) per night which seemed totally reasonable.
Old May 5, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: ______
Thanks for the advice benji2227 and The_Wrath_of_Khan , will see what happens.. it will be my first time in Busan, (been to Seoul multiple times) and will see how the difference is, hopefully my lack of any real korean speaking ability wouldnt be too obstructive
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by joakgarp
Anyone stayed here during South koreas peak season in the summer? Easy over crowded? How are the rates usually?
Staying here for three nights in the end of august. Scored a BRG-deal of 276usd a night, inc taxes, way better deal than their original rate was of 383usd a night. However seeing people in the BRG-thread found as low as 190usd, although off season, makes me want to continue my BRG-reserach.

I'm a bit early with my hotel reservations but they are all flexible so why not. Better be early than late.
The rates are sky high and it's usually full occupancy. If you can use points then it's an extremely good value.

In summer:
- the swimming pool, sauna and changing is even more horrible than any other time. Elevators are busy, especially, at the normal folks checkout time of 12pm and check-in times of 3-4pm. Breakfast can be a zoo from 8:30-9am onwards. I usually work in my suite and avoid the public facilities and peak elevator times.

Thanks for the advice benji2227 and The_Wrath_of_Khan , will see what happens.. it will be my first time in Busan, (been to Seoul multiple times) and will see how the difference is, hopefully my lack of any real korean speaking ability wouldnt be too obstructive
The English is quite decent at this property. Outside, may be less depending where you're going.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.