Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and MGM Resorts Announce New Loyalty Program Relationship

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt and MGM Resorts Announce New Loyalty Program Relationship

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2013, 10:07 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Thumbs up Reason to applaud the Hyatt Folks

Wow with a big W^
What a fantastic piece of news that made my morning!
Very Exciting
Of course I am holding my breath that this will indeed be as good or better with regard to recognition
My current relationship with the Venetian and the Palazzo as a Royal Ambassador is impressive with private check in and exceptional benefits and suite upgrades
If Gold Passport elite status is truly recognized through the partnership this would indeed be a game changer for Hyatt Gold Passport
Las Vegas is a city that many want to visit and historically has always been about the frequent gambler and not the frequent traveler

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jun 5, 2013 at 10:41 am
Old Jun 5, 2013, 10:20 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
This is excellent news -- very excited about this partnership!
Old Jun 5, 2013, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Just curious if we sill Bennies like breakfast and internet, lounge access?

I likr ehat I see do far as I enjoy MGM Grand.

I was about to move stays in LV to the Trop for Hilton, but was not liking the mixed reviews from DIA members.

This will most likely seal the deal for me.
The Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum/Diamond benefits do not apply for stays at MGM properties. You will receive the benefits of the Mlife Gold or Platinum status once the matching of tier status has been introduced in August.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Who anticipates using their UR points for this?
Old Jun 5, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
That's indeed good news, Vegas was a white spot for Hyatt (ok, nearly).

And it's me saying this, one of the people here complaining about the GP preference for US based members quite often ;-)
More hotels, most of them good ones, and a jump from nearly 0 to the best presence in Vegas. Great!
Old Jun 5, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I wonder why Circus Circus and non Las Vegas MGM/Mlife properties are not on the list? An upcoming biz trip to Reno and this would be useful
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Altoid
Some nice value on some of those hotels. Wish they had stuck another hotel down in cat 4 but honestly those are pretty good.
which ones do you think are nice value?
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, AA Platinum, National/Enterprise Executive
I'm thrilled with this decision. Great move. Another reason I love Hyatt Gold Passport!
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:50 am

as some who goes to vegas 4-5 times a year this is very very excellent news!
Old Jun 5, 2013, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
Who anticipates using their UR points for this?
I sure as heck do, however it is still hard to tell the value, yet, since not up on hyatt.com. I am heading there in September; nights over that 4 day weekend are over $1K night at Bellagio, which would be a steal at 22K/night or if you could get for free with Hyatt card ap for 2 nights. In June, even on low price nights there, I'd get 1.6 cpm which is about domestic coach redemption value for me which I consider good enough for redemption.

If I lived there, I would hammer a mattress run so fast it would make your head spin...but sadly, not in the cards for me.

Back to original question, we have to see the redemption values on hyatt.com and learn the blackout dates. This is a HUGE win.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP CONKEY, HYATT GLOB, SPG PLAT
Great news!
Old Jun 5, 2013, 12:33 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
I am asking myself who will stay at HP Las Vegas now
Old Jun 5, 2013, 12:39 pm

This is a dream come true for me.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 12:42 pm

So, is there confirmation that any stays booked NOW for after the 20th will credit to HGP? or do I have to wait until after the 20th to book?
Old Jun 5, 2013, 12:43 pm

Are FHR bookings at places like Bellagio considered eligible for stay and points credit? I know the language says the booking needs to be made through the hotel itself or through Hyatt.com, but FHR bookings at hyatt hotels have always gotten credit...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.