Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Received a web check in email for a res I never made

Received a web check in email for a res I never made

Old Jun 3, 2013, 12:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You were inconvenienced a little... but I don't get why you make it out to be such a big deal? Mistakes happen, no harm so move on....
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by RTW1
You were inconvenienced a little... but I don't get why you make it out to be such a big deal? Mistakes happen, no harm so move on....
So far, 4 phone calls, 6 emails, and well over 2 hours total time spent on this. "Inconvenienced a little" maybe to you, but not me. I am not sure how you say I am making a big deal over this. My intention was to see if anyone else in the FT community has experienced this and eventual result of what happened.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Often1
Change your password immediately. You have likely been hacked. I would also change passwords for other accounts on which you transact online.
Silly Rabbit, Trix are for kids.

A very large overreaction. As stated earlier in the thread, it's likely the property associated the a common name with a GP number.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
On a fairly regular basis, we receive emails from Sofitel thanking us for our stay. We queried it the first time, have never had any problems and now just ignore them. It is only sensible to always keep an eye on credit card bills (mine was last swiped by the conductor on a train to Cardiff), but I don't thin this is a huge security problem.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 12:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
So far, 4 phone calls, 6 emails, and well over 2 hours total time spent on this. "Inconvenienced a little" maybe to you, but not me. I am not sure how you say I am making a big deal over this. My intention was to see if anyone else in the FT community has experienced this and eventual result of what happened.
That's just it..... why spend so much time on something that's clearly a mistake, and where there is no real impact on you.

That's what I don't get, not your post here or maybe one e-mail to the hotel what's going on....
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
A very large overreaction. As stated earlier in the thread, it's likely the property associated the a common name with a GP number.
Agreed- it happens.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 11:06 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Well it's good to check on what was going on. A few years ago I noticed that there was an award reservation from my account that I did not make. One call to CS resolved the issue (I think that some agent just keyed in th wrong account number when making the reservation).
Old Jun 4, 2013, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Update: I heard back from the manager that sure enough a local agent had attached my GP # to the reservation. The manager shared that they have a protocol when matching 3rd party reservations to GP accounts, by name, phone number, and cc#, and in my case this didn't happen but would follow up with the agent.

So, at least there is a precaution in place when matching up 3rd party res' to GP accounts, whether it is followed correctly is another story.

Consider this resolved and another data point lesson learned.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.