Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Milwaukee Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2013, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Insomnia Cookies

I couldn't find a review thread for this property - I apologize if I missed it - so I thought I'd start one.

I stayed at this property for one night over Memorial Day weekend. Rates around Milwaukee were surprisingly high. I used a Classic stay certificate I had lying around. It's a Level 1 property, so perhaps I should have used 5000 points.

Getting there from I-94 was a little tricky by car. There's a split in the airport spur, and traveling away from the airport the Hyatt Place can only be reached from the road to the right. Parking is in the back. I didn't see places to eat within walking distance, but there are several places on Edgerton Avenue to the north.

The building is a converted Amerisuites, but it's not the six story model I know from the Chicago area. There are four floors, plus a basement. It has corner rooms, unlike the six story plan but like the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport. Room layout differs from the six story model. There's no second sink. Also, the bathroom sink is in the same room as the toilet, instead of separate in the six story model. Power plug layout also differs, and I couldn't find a plug near the couch side table, which I can in the Chicago-six rooms. Unfortunately, the largest problem - wall vents near the bed - did not change. I had a room on the back side, though neither view is pretty. I did not hear any plane noise during the night.

The room had KenetMD products. Breakfast had a lot more options than I remember for Hyatt Place. I expected breakfast sandwiches, but hot options included eggs, sausage patties, pancakes, and oatmeal. Also included were cantaloupe, pineapple, donuts, bagels, and bread for toast. I thought the pancakes were pretty good; not lemon poppyseed pancakes or anything, but lighter than I expected.

Besides the strong breakfast, I was also impressed by the service. At check-in, the young female agent asked for my license number. As I had a rental, I paused. She then asked if I had a rental. Since I did, she asked for my keychain and took the license plate number from there. This is the first time a checkin agent has made such a logical move.

Overall, I thought this was a good Hyatt Place. One potentially helpful point is that you can drive to downtown via 794, avoiding some of Wisconsin's construction and getting a better downtown view.
Old May 27, 2013, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Also stayed there this weekend (last night). I was very impressed with the property and will be seeking out Hyatt Places again. We'll be staying at the HP Madison tomorrow night.
Old May 27, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Also stayed there this weekend (last night). I was very impressed with the property and will be seeking out Hyatt Places again. We'll be staying at the HP Madison tomorrow night.
HP Madison is one of my favorites! Steep price usually but I love the feel of the place.
Old May 28, 2013, 9:23 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by ramolnar
I couldn't find a review thread for this property - I apologize if I missed it.
You didn't miss it, there wasn't one - were very light on HP reviews. So not a problematic all even if one was existing, we can easily merge them. Thank you for the review.
Old May 29, 2013, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
This HP has a couple of issues.

1. The price is often out of whack compared to the other hotels in the area. Part of that comes from a high reliance on park-stay-fly guests from whom they can command premium weekend rates, thus making them less interested in discounting.
2. The parking lot is minuscule. I've gotten back at 11pm and had difficulty finding a parking space as much of the lot is filled with aforementioned park-stay-fly guests' cars.

The rooms themselves are standard issue post-Amerisuites HP, and the location is quite good. Yet I rarely stay there, and usually use a Marriott, Hilton, or IHG property instead.
Old May 29, 2013, 6:22 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
Only hotel ever that has asked to see my AAA card for the rate, I had it somewhere but didn't require it as I didn't want to dig in my car for it.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
This HP has a couple of issues.

.....The parking lot is minuscule. I've gotten back at 11pm and had difficulty finding a parking space as much of the lot is filled with aforementioned park-stay-fly guests' cars.
This is what I found here this weekend. It's pretty much a raw deal for getting here, having to circle the lot a few times looking for a park and having to come inside to find out where to park.

Their solution was to park on the street. That's not exactly where you want to park in an industrial/airport park type site....especially when it's raining.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Almost

The Trip Adviser reviews, especially the older ones, are all over the place. We found it to be pretty much a poster hotel for how good an airport HP can be if they try. Except the parking. I found a decent spot on the second pass so I can't complain, but I was arriving not that late on a not-busy midweek night. Too many Park'N'Flys, and they shouldn't be in the best spots.

I'd stay again, but think about not picking up the rental car till next morning. But that wastes my time over their parking lot.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I stayed here once and there was an issue with the Diamond guaranteed late checkout benefit. The GM was nasty about it. Never again.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 1:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 11/5 to 11/6

Location: The hotel is located really close to MKE though technically the Four Points is closer. You could probably walk to the terminal but I wouldn't suggest it. There's little around in walking distance but you're about 10 minutes from some great local restaurants and breweries. I had no issue getting an Uber from here either.

Hotel: Really old and dated. I've stayed at a lot of early HP converts and this is the most tired feeling and looking of them all. It's also really small so the breakfast area and lobby are smaller than usual as is the parking lot. There's a small indoor pool as well. On the plus side, they do have a bar with liquor. The airport shuttle runs every 15 minutes.

Check In: All staff I dealt with were friendly and helpful. I was offered two bottles of water at check in AND check out as a Globalist too

Room: A strange design like the rest of the hotel. The bathroom was compact instead of the standard sink outside the shower/toilet area and the tiny closet was wedged in an alcove between the bathroom and the living room. Also like older properties like this there are no outlets near the bed and no USB plugs at all in the room. On the good side the Wifi worked well and noise wasn't an issue.

Breakfast: I left too early to partake but I was happy to find hot coffee at 5:45 AM

Dated issues aside, it's a Category 1 hotel so for 5,000 points I was very happy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.