Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

top 5 places you would like to see a Park Hyatt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2013, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Feel free to add your contribution.

Africa - Anywhere in Africa
Africa - Capetown
Africa - South Africa (Wildlife Reserve)

Asia - Bangkok
Asia - Hokkaido
Asia - Hong Kong
Asia - Osaka
Asia - Singapore
Asia - Taipei

Europe - Athens
Europe - Barcelona
Europe - Brussel
Europe - Capri
Europe - Copenhagen
Europe - Dubrovnik
Europe - Florence
Europe - Ibiza
Europe - London
Europe - Madrid
Europe - Mallorca
Europe - Munich
Europe - Prague
Europe - Rome
Europe - St. Petersburg
Europe - Venice

North America - Dallas
North America - Los Angeles
North America - Mexico City
North America - New York City
North America - San Francisco
North America - Santa Monica
North America - Laguna Niguel

South America - Rio

South Pacific - Bora Bora
South Pacific - Private Island in the South Pacific
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2013, 11:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
I imagine we could get a Park Hyatt in Los Angeles if it's located in Santa Monica on the beach.
Old May 18, 2013, 12:06 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, Emirates Skywards, Flying Blue, British Airways Executive Club
Rome
Bangkok
Hong Kong
Osaka
Anywhere in Africa
Singapore
Old May 18, 2013, 9:32 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Now compare the suggestions in this thread to places where Park Hyatts have recently opened - Chennai and Hyderabad! The two bigger metros in the same country, Delhi and Mumbai, however don't have a PH. And they both command significantly higher rates at the top end....
Old May 18, 2013, 10:25 am
Community Director Emerita

Has Capetown been mentioned? I'd like to see one there.

Rome - in the old city. Location is everything.
Old May 18, 2013, 10:26 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
i wold definitely agree with your comments regarding LA, but StR SF is nearly always at max occupancy with rates of $550+.
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Trying to stay on topic, but do you have some data to justify this opinion? There are several high end hotels in SF which appear to be doing just fine.

Id like to see a PH SF.
Well I took a look at the StR rates for next week and they are $410. The FS was (is?) in foreclosure (bankruptcy?).

Believe me, I wish there was a PH SF, I miss the former one a lot. For a while, I thought about the StR as my hotel in SF but after the last stay where they assigned me, a SPG plat, to probably the smallest room in the property when every room and suite category was for sale, that thought went out the window. They claimed the inventory was incorrect, something which they still claimed a year or so later (not sure about recently). I was particularly disappointed because the GM was the GM at the former PH which was exceptional on the service side but a so so physical plant.

Unfortunately, I still think that the SF market still has a ways to go before a new PH can be justified.
Old May 18, 2013, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Well I took a look at the StR rates for next week and they are $410. The FS was (is?) in foreclosure (bankruptcy?).

Believe me, I wish there was a PH SF, I miss the former one a lot. For a while, I thought about the StR as my hotel in SF but after the last stay where they assigned me, a SPG plat, to probably the smallest room in the property when every room and suite category was for sale, that thought went out the window. They claimed the inventory was incorrect, something which they still claimed a year or so later (not sure about recently). I was particularly disappointed because the GM was the GM at the former PH which was exceptional on the service side but a so so physical plant.

Unfortunately, I still think that the SF market still has a ways to go before a new PH can be justified.
Yes, I'm not sure any place other than NYC that has enough demand to keep a park hyatt adequately full at $500+/night
Old May 18, 2013, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by skyvanman
I imagine we could get a Park Hyatt in Los Angeles if it's located in Santa Monica on the beach.
This is a brilliant idea. Santa Monica needs a good high-end option. Shutters is a dump, and while the Fairmont Miramar is okay, it is simply too big of an hotel.

A nice Park Hyatt in santa monica would get all of my business in la. I begrudge being limited to Beverly Hills properties like FS Doheny or the Beverly Hills Hotel if I want a nice place to stay in LA.
Old May 18, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl

Since Santa Monica was mentioned, I would also like to throw out Laguna Beach/Monarch Beach as a desired location
Old May 18, 2013, 7:43 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Capri, Mallorca, Ibiza, anywhere else around the Mediterranean that is easily accessible (love the addition of the Martinez (yeah I know it's a Grand Hyatt)), somewhere in Croatia, Rome, Barcelona, Madrid, Munich
Old May 19, 2013, 1:25 am

Bora Bora!
Old May 19, 2013, 2:10 pm
Community Director Emerita

We've opened up the ability to add and edit wikis to everyone on FlyerTalk who has 90 days and 90 posts. I'm a visual person, and I like summaries. I hope I've captured everyone's input and put it in the wiki at the top of the forum. Please feel free to edit and update that wiki with your own input. It's meant to be community maintained.

Carol
Community Director
Old May 19, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
This is a brilliant idea. Santa Monica needs a good high-end option. Shutters is a dump, and while the Fairmont Miramar is okay, it is simply too big of an hotel.

A nice Park Hyatt in santa monica would get all of my business in la. I begrudge being limited to Beverly Hills properties like FS Doheny or the Beverly Hills Hotel if I want a nice place to stay in LA.
Look for some places on the other side of Ocean...I know some people who have enjoyed staying at the Viceroy and Oceana, but the big difference is both of those are on the landside of Ocean. If Hyatt took over Shutters, which from everything I hear (I like too close to ever stay) is falling apart, they could really make it something amazing, and I wouldn't be surprised if they could command rates in the $500+ range for regular nights.
Old May 20, 2013, 4:16 am

All the major cities across China esp Harbin , Nanjing , Lhasa ,Guangzhou and another one in Beijing and Shanghai .
Hong Kong, another one in Tokyo , Jakarta , Bali , Singapore
Madrid , London , Geneva , a proper PH in Zurich , a good ski resort in Austria , Italy, France or Switzerland.
Resorts in Australia and New Zealand .
Beverly Hills .
Old Jul 18, 2013, 1:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
Munich
Bogota
Big Island Hawaii
Madrid
Seychelles
Old Jul 18, 2013, 5:09 pm

Programs: S* Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Santorini,
Rome,
NYC,
Hong Kong,
Berlin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.