Wiki Posts
Search

Help planning honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2013, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, Southwest, Frontier, Chase UR, Hyatt
Help planning honeymoon

I am planning to go on my honeymoon this time next year. I know its too early but I wanted to make sure I am ready points wise.
As of now I am planning to go to Park Hyatt at Hadahaa Maldives for 4 nights(88k points). It looks great to me but I am also open to considering other options.

As of now, I have ~10k points in my Hyatt account and I am a Platinum member (expires 28 Feb 2014).
I have ~60k in my Chase UR account(Sapphire + Freedom). So hopefully I will gather enough points for the stay in the next few months.
I have ~65k in my United Mileage plus account.

First off is it worth spending points for this stay from my Chase UR account or should I get 2 free nights by applying for the Chase Hyatt card? I know its tough to predict but will there be a better Hyatt card offer or are there any other credit cards I should consider for this stay?

Secondly do you have any other suggestion for honeymoon places? I am open to applying for credit cards to gather points and can consider other Hotel programs also.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:49 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by zeesh86
As of now I am planning to go to Park Hyatt at Hadahaa Maldives for 4 nights(88k points).
I assume you are not thinking about traveling from the US to the Maldives just for four days.

Given the length of the trip--I do not think it is worth it.

Now if you are thinking of spending time in an Asian city to and/or from the Maldives--that makes sense. There are some excellent Hyatts throughout Asia...
Old May 8, 2013, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelexpert
I assume you are not thinking about traveling from the US to the Maldives just for four days.
Nope, I will be getting married in Dubai. So it will be a short flight to Maldives.
Old May 8, 2013, 10:10 am

I don't see why the Hyatt card would be undesirable in your case. What about getting an AMEX card with a nice sign-up bonus as well?
Old May 8, 2013, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by willski
What about getting an AMEX card with a nice sign-up bonus as well?
I can do that too. Its currently offering 75k on the business card, which location do you suggest on that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.