Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Does Hyatt have a policy on cleaning glasses and cups in hotel rooms?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Hyatt have a policy on cleaning glasses and cups in hotel rooms?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2013, 1:03 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by justforfun
I can't believe the OP would expect glean classes in their room. Take about being a DYKWIA.
I like my classes glean as well.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by austin_modern
I like my classes glean as well.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by justforfun
I can't believe the OP would expect clean classes in their room. Take about being a DYKWIA.
also like my classes clean....
Old Mar 31, 2013, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I agree with the OP. I would find this odd as well in a high-end hotel. And I'm not at all bothered by most things like this.

Regardless of whether it is effective, it seems highly inefficient to wash a few items in each room, rather than bring them all to a centralized facility for such.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
There was a post in a thread about good travel tricks where the poster was very proud of having figured out they could use the coffee pot in hotel room to soak..... well, things....

I don't make coffee in rooms any more, and use only wrapped disposable cups.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:16 pm

I never bothered and of course life goes on...

The cleanliness of a hotel glass is the least of my concerns considering the stuff I've eaten over the years in questionable sanitary conditions and I've survived just fine... maybe I'm immune. I just don't care I guess.

Dirty glasses, left out food, "past expiration date" whatever (give it a sniff test and eat it...) swimming/getting a mouth load of ditch/irrigation water that all the livestock urinated in upstream as kids, public pools, questionable water sources in foreign countries, etc etc etc...

Never mind all the other questionable sanitary items in a hotel room you sit or sleep on.

Last edited by johndoe123; Apr 22, 2013 at 4:22 pm
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Often1
Think about the known poor tippers and what happens to them.
If you tip at the end of your meal, how is something going to happen to you?

Even at the bar if you don't tip well, you just won't get served again, or at least very timely but meal wise, you don't pay till you are done.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
If you tip at the end of your meal, how is something going to happen to you?

Even at the bar if you don't tip well, you just won't get served again, or at least very timely but meal wise, you don't pay till you are done.
I think they are referring to "known" poor tippers. Ie..someone who frequents the same restaurant repeatedly and is a lousy tipper.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:24 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
Whatever the "policy" is, I would only use sealed platic cups!
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:38 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

The GM of the hotel where I stayed has said they are buying dishwashers for all the butler pantries.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 9:11 am

Any hotel any where , irregardless of star rating or category , I always bring my Eco general cleaning liquid. So this is not an issue for me. The same cleaning for headboards , telephones , TV control , door knobs , switches and shelves. In other words the bedroom is usually fresher and cleaner after I check out !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.