Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New suite upgrade policy at Andaz Fifth ave.

New suite upgrade policy at Andaz Fifth ave.

Old Feb 23, 2013, 4:05 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Thumbs up New suite upgrade policy at Andaz Fifth ave.

I thought this was important enough not to include in the master thread. Sorry if I am wrong.
I have made 2 reservations recently using suite upgrades. They have confirmed a Splash suite instead of the Andaz suite. I think it is great news.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 5:54 pm

Programs: WOH (G)lobotimized, SPG Tarnished Gold
Originally Posted by mmgm
I thought this was important enough not to include in the master thread. Sorry if I am wrong.
I have made 2 reservations recently using suite upgrades. They have confirmed a Splash suite instead of the Andaz suite. I think it is great news.
This is indeed great news! I have several future reservations with confirmed Andaz suite upgrades. I think I'll call the Diamond line tomorrow to see if they can adjust appropriately.

(Expecting blackout curtain comments in 3...2...)
Old Feb 23, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Could it be because the OP is a Hyatt Courtesy Card holder?
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT, AA EXP, Virgin Elevate
It's not a new suite upgrade policy. The hotel has been open for a while, rates have dropped and more suites are available for upgrades. The first year the hotel opened they didn't even offer the AAA discount rates now they do.

I've been upgraded to the Splash Suite many times not using my Diamond Suite upgrade... it's been blocked for me many times. Now I have moved on to a new hotel, so I guess since I've changed hotels the Splash Suite is now available.

Old Feb 24, 2013, 4:00 am
Original Member
Original Poster

I have several suite upgrade reservations for this year. Until the last 2 weeks they were always confirmed into the Andaz suite . The past 2 weeks new reservations were confirmed into the Splash suite. I was told it is not due to my CC status which doesn't start until March 1. I was told it is a new policy but the hotel isn't planning to go back to booked reservations to change them.
Of course booked reservations cannot be changed if there are no splash suites available - as happened with me for an April reservation.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:47 am

I was told it is a new policy but the hotel isn't planning to go back to booked reservations to change them.
If splash suite is available, people holding existing reservations could simply cancel and rebook into confirmed splash suite.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: WOH (G)lobotimized, SPG Tarnished Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
If splash suite is available, people holding existing reservations could simply cancel and rebook into confirmed splash suite.
I just did that and am happy to report that I was "splashed"!
Old Feb 25, 2013, 1:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
QUESTION

How nice is the Splash suite??? I just called last Friday to use my 4 Diamond Suite upgrades for 2012... 2 of the upgrades I have we booked the Andaz 5th, upgraded to the Splash Suite... both stays 7 days each. Looking at the photos online.. I'm not sure it looks that awesome, 4th floor? obstructed views of the Empire State Building and midtown? The views of the city seems to be out of the bedroom

I've moved most my NYC hotel business from the Andaz Wall Street to the Trump SOHO... I've been going back and forth, is the Andaz 5th Avenue worth a try? The views and bathroom at the Trump are amazing? is it the same for the Andaz Splash Suite?

What sort of Manhattan ambiance do you get from the 4th floor besides street noise?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 3:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
How nice is the Splash suite??? I just called last Friday to use my 4 Diamond Suite upgrades for 2012... 2 of the upgrades I have we booked the Andaz 5th, upgraded to the Splash Suite... both stays 7 days each. Looking at the photos online.. I'm not sure it looks that awesome, 4th floor? obstructed views of the Empire State Building and midtown? The views of the city seems to be out of the bedroom

I've moved most my NYC hotel business from the Andaz Wall Street to the Trump SOHO... I've been going back and forth, is the Andaz 5th Avenue worth a try? The views and bathroom at the Trump are amazing? is it the same for the Andaz Splash Suite?

What sort of Manhattan ambiance do you get from the 4th floor besides street noise?
Splash Suites are on levels 9 to 13 to the best of my knowledge. I like their apartment like style and feel.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Oh so there is more than 1. There is a video on YouTube that references suite 405. Levels 9 and 13 seem good to me thanks for the reply.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtEiqf0dQOE

Originally Posted by SMK77
Splash Suites are on levels 9 to 13 to the best of my knowledge. I like their apartment like style and feel.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 9:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
How do I see if my upgrade booked into the ultrafab splash suite? The reservation still says Andaz King,

Room Description: 1 King:Spacious 345 sf/32sm:NY Loft-style Rm: Comp WiFi:LCalls:Nonalcoholic Minibar/Snacks:
but

Additional Information: DIAMOND SUITE UPGRADE CONFIRMED
Old Mar 1, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: FB Lifetime Plat
I just called to use a Diamond Suite upgrade award but my request was denied, because there is no Splash Suite available for the period of our stay

When I told the customer service agent that Andaz Suite & Andaz Large Suite were available for booking, and that I don't mind getting one of these "lower category" suites, I was told that it was not possible, the hotel has to have a Splash Suite available to confirm the upgrade.... Is it how it works
Old Mar 1, 2013, 10:06 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
How do I see if my upgrade booked into the ultrafab splash suite? The reservation still says Andaz King,
I suggest calling GP Customer Service and see if they can rebook you into a splash suite. You might want to check online to see if its available for your dates.
I have one reservation that was originally an Andaz suite but could not be changed because a splash suite was not available.

but
Old Mar 3, 2013, 12:19 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by Andaz5
The first year the hotel opened they didn't even offer the AAA discount rates now they do.
That's not universally true -- I got an amazing AAA rate there in June of 2010. Glad to see them back, though!
Old Mar 3, 2013, 2:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Booked yesterday for August in the 240 USD area. Got Splash Suite confirmed immediately.
Nice Thing.
btw, switched over from the GH at almost same rate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.