Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Lower Rate Since I Made Reservation - Best Option?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.

I hope I can explain this clearly!

I have a week long reservation at a HR that I made a few weeks ago. The rate was $251 per night (AAA rate) for each night of my 7 night stay (Sat. to Sat.).

I check the rates again online today, as I am checking into this HR tomorrow, and I see that the rates have dropped to $188 (AAA rate) for the first 3 nights of my 7 night stay, yet that is not reflected when I do a search for a 7 night stay. It shows the price is still $251 for each of the 7 nights. Why would it not show a $188 rate for the first 3 and then the higher rate for the last 4 nights?

I know other hotel chains show "changing rates" during a stay, why not Hyatt?

Should I make 2 separate reservations online (a 3 night one for the lower rate and then another one for the last 4 nights) and cancel my original 7 night one?? Or can I call in and have them adjust my original reservation?

Can I BRG this??

Thanks!!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
I'm not sure you can BRG Hyatt's own website...

IME, I haven't seen changing rates on Hyatt site. I've booked separate reservations in a row rather than one long one (and used one diamond upgrade for both!). Obviously there is a risk that you may have to 'check-out' between the reservations, but if they're for the same room-type, you should be fine.

So if you can cancel without penalty, and the rates are for the same room-type, I would just book the 3 and 4 nights separately, and then cancel your original reservation.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by musikdude
I hope I can explain this clearly!

I have a week long reservation at a HR that I made a few weeks ago. The rate was $251 per night (AAA rate) for each night of my 7 night stay (Sat. to Sat.).

I check the rates again online today, as I am checking into this HR tomorrow, and I see that the rates have dropped to $188 (AAA rate) for the first 3 nights of my 7 night stay, yet that is not reflected when I do a search for a 7 night stay. It shows the price is still $251 for each of the 7 nights. Why would it not show a $188 rate for the first 3 and then the higher rate for the last 4 nights?

I know other hotel chains show "changing rates" during a stay, why not Hyatt?

Should I make 2 separate reservations online (a 3 night one for the lower rate and then another one for the last 4 nights) and cancel my original 7 night one?? Or can I call in and have them adjust my original reservation?

Can I BRG this??

Thanks!!
Let Reservations do it. It's much safer. They have their own way of doing it.
You did right by checking each night separately but don't expect Hyatt to show the lower rate of a particular night when you book an extended stay.
I always check the rates one by one, two by two, three by three all the way until I check in.
Although Reservations cannot do anything once you've checked-in, the hotel can, should and will adjust the rate if you ask, but only if you ask.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 4:58 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; DROID RAZR 4G Build/6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

They do this ALL the time. With Hyatt i ALWAYS end up checking and often making multiple reservations. You always should check day by day, two days at a time, three at a time, etc. i would just cancel and rebook a three nighter and a four night stay after.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ComplexAnalysis
I'm not sure you can BRG Hyatt's own website.
You can BRG Hyatt's own website, however, they won't give you the additional 20% discount. But they will reduce the rate to match the lower one.

I found this a couple of weeks ago and posted about my experience - http://www.travelingwellforless.com/...ate-guarantee/
Old Feb 24, 2013, 3:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's not really the general rule... if you have a pre-paid rate you are normally SOL. You were just lucky.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RTW1
That's not really the general rule... if you have a pre-paid rate you are normally SOL. You were just lucky.
BRG Rep just needs to call the booking hotel and see if they will agree to reduce the prepaid rate and refund the difference.

I've done it twice now, just takes a bit longer.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 7:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RTW1
AAA rates normally aren't prepaid and can be cancelled until the day before or the day of arrival typically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.