Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2013 More Possibilities Hyatt Gold Passport Promotion (bonus pts 3/1-5/31/13)

Old Feb 6, 2013, 7:19 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Dear FlyerTalkers,

We’re excited to announce the latest Hyatt Gold Passport global bonus point promotion, More Possibilities. And because you’re a member of the FlyerTalk community, we’re giving you an inside look before we reveal it to the world.

You can earn 3,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after every three nights, up to 45,000 bonus points. You can then redeem points for free nights, room upgrades, and now dining and spa services — even when you're not staying the night. Simply register by April 30 and stay March 1 through May 31 at any Hyatt hotel worldwide. (EDIT it should be noted that the first night that would count for this promo is the night of 3/1 and not 2/28 - at the promo end the night of 5/31 will count).

Plus, if you’re a Hyatt Credit Cardmember, you’ll earn 20% more bonus points – an additional 600 bonus points after every three nights. Hyatt Credit Cardmembers can earn up to 54,000 bonus points.

For additional details, please review the following Frequently Asked Questions and Promotion Terms and Conditions.

To register, please visit Hyatt.com or call 1-800-228-3360 on February 15. Registration ends April 30, 2013. Edit: registration now open at http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...inter2013.html

We look forward to welcoming you soon at one of our 500+ hotels around the world.

Safe travels!

Last edited by peteropny; Feb 16, 2013 at 6:58 pm
Old Feb 6, 2013, 7:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
And because you’re a member of the FlyerTalk community, we’re giving you an inside look before we reveal it to the world.
Although I appreciate your efforts here on FT..... the way you are communicating your promotions is really the worst:
  • Yesterday the bloggers got the announcement first.
  • Today another first by posting it on FT.
  • A personalized announcement to your customers/members by e-mail will probably be the last step.

Maybe you should try doing it in reverse....

Not even mentioning you are again discriminating against your international customers who have no way to earn the 20% bonus.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you, Gold Passport Concierge. Can you estimate when it will be possible to register? I looked via Hyatt.com and Goldpassport.com, and didn't find it. Thank you again.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I see a 100K bonus potential over 45 stays

Thank you GP.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Originally Posted by RTW1
Although I appreciate your efforts here on FT..... the way you are communicating your promotions is really the worst:
  • Yesterday the bloggers got the announcement first.
  • Today another first by posting it on FT.
  • A personalized announcement to your customers/members by e-mail will probably be the last step.

Maybe you should try doing it in reverse....

Not even mentioning you are again discriminating against your international customers who have no way to earn the 20% bonus.
+1 As Hyatt will expand in the French Market on April 1, French based customers will refuse to be treated as second class customers...and Hyatt will need the French market to fill all those hotels in Paris, especially the Hyatt Etoile former Lafayette which is closer to the Periphrique than any of the Paris main attraction points.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:33 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
On February 15th

Originally Posted by Firewind
Thank you, Gold Passport Concierge. Can you estimate when it will be possible to register? I looked via Hyatt.com and Goldpassport.com, and didn't find it. Thank you again.
You can register on February 15th. Just read the post by the OP:

"To register, please visit Hyatt.com or call 1-800-228-3360 on February 15."
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Id imagine they're also pissed they dont earn the 1k bonus points for "international" properties...
Old Feb 6, 2013, 9:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

If you're talking about the points you can get in the US in exchange for a Diamond amenity..... That doesn't bother me at all.

It's the same for all members. International members also get those when staying in the US. These bonuses for cc members are something else in my opinion and are reducing non-us members to second rate members.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 9:41 am

If you're talking about the points you can get in the US in exchange for a Diamond amenity..... That doesn't bother me at all.

It's the same for all members. International members also get those when staying in the US. These bonuses for cc members are something else in my opinion and are reducing non-us members to second rate members.
+1
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Diamond; HH - Diamond; Priority Club - Platinum;
Is the registration open - I cannot seem to find a link - Thanks

--- Updated - Guess opens 2/15

Last edited by komalkks; Feb 6, 2013 at 10:43 am Reason: Updated
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold

+1
I totally agree with you in both points.

This pushes me further to consider adding a different top-tier then Hyatt...
I'm not willing to fake an US adress.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
The promo is not great, but its something. I stay at Hyatts not for the promos but for the service they provide to me. As long as the service remains excellent, I will continue to stay with Hyatt.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 11:45 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."

I guess I was suggesting that international guests are more than likely going to be staying at international hyatt properties, and thus would be more disappointed with not getting their diamond points amenity.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I was just at the PH Sydney..... I enjoyed drinking that bottle of wine on the balcony a lot more than 1000points :-). But sometimes the points are indeed better...

But that's not the point.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
I was just at the PH Sydney..... I enjoyed drinking that bottle of wine on the balcony a lot more than 1000points :-). But sometimes the points are indeed better...

But that's not the point.
Right, the point is still:
Why the hell is GP not only offering the credit card only in the US, but much worse giving the CC US guys even more points for nothing

The only explanation is they don't want or don't like our (international Diamonds/members) business.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.