Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Los Angeles/LAX/El Segundo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Place Los Angeles/LAX/El Segundo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 28, 2013, 2:16 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
I stayed here a couple weeks ago. I agree with everyone else, the property was fantastic. The staff was top notch, too. I loved that the place still smelled new.

Two complaints--one minor and one more annoying than anything else. There were ants in the shower at 5am. More importantly the shower on the 4th floor had very low water pressure.

I'll definitely stay here again, especially since it's slightly cheaper than the HGI I usually stay at around the corner.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 7:36 pm

Just got this hotel on a Priceline bid for 2/15-2/19 for $55 a night plus $10 bonus cash. I believe it was listed as a 3 star express deal in the El Segundo-Manhattan Beach zone for $69 a night. My winning bid was in this zone as well.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by tusphotog
I stayed here a couple weeks ago. I agree with everyone else, the property was fantastic. The staff was top notch, too. I loved that the place still smelled new.

Two complaints--one minor and one more annoying than anything else. There were ants in the shower at 5am. More importantly the shower on the 4th floor had very low water pressure.

I'll definitely stay here again, especially since it's slightly cheaper than the HGI I usually stay at around the corner.
I was on 5, and also had low water pressure. I assume this is intentional to "conserve" water.....
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:08 am

Programs: AA, Hilton, SPG, Hyatt, Marriott
Low pressure on 4 and one tiny ant on toilet. Breakfast room is run by Kenna who is so wonderful. Shuttle is on call from airport, doesn't pick up on a schedule, but if you see him , you can flag him down.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
How many nights do you think you could leave your car?
The staff truly didn't seem to care, and didn't even have me fill out one of the "I am away but I really am coming back for this car"-type forms. A really long stay might necessitate some pre-planning with the manager. (Or a stay at the Hyatt House instead -- they were super nice about a week's stay.)
Old Jan 29, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
I'm getting in at 9pm to LAX on a Friday - going to the new LA Hotel downtown on Saturday ... would you suggest I stay here on Friday as opposed to doing the Airport express bus downtown?

It'll be a long day for me, so will prob just want to sleep
Old Jan 29, 2013, 5:13 pm

It certainly is convenient to LAX. The shuttle driver, Mike, was great too. I really enjoyed staying there. I think they will work out the minor kinks from being so new. As far as leaving a car, my rental car actually sat there for 4 days with no problem. I never had to give my license number when I checked in.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 3:59 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
They have a fairly large parking lot which was mostly empty during my stay. I do not expect this favorable situation to last, especially if they start allowing a lot of free park-and-fly. Having said that, it was a great HP stay and I would enthusiastically stay there again.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
One slight word of caution. Check your points from stays here. I had an AAA rate show as inelgible. Had to call HGP to resolve.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:19 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
One slight word of caution. Check your points from stays here. I had an AAA rate show as inelgible. Had to call HGP to resolve.
My stay didn't post at all. I just filled out the form and it posted within a few days.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Thanks for the warning - I checked my stay last week and you're absolutely right! I got my Diamond amenity bonus, but hardly any points for the stay and no stay credit (I also used an AAA rate).

Other than that, fantastic stay - definitely the nicest Hyatt Place I've ever stayed at and nicer than many full service Hyatt's I've stayed at!
Old Feb 8, 2013, 2:08 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
My stay also did not post at all. I waited approx. two weeks and just now filled out a form on Hyatt's website. I'm waiting for the points to post.
Originally Posted by tusphotog
My stay didn't post at all. I just filled out the form and it posted within a few days.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Data point: Also did not bonus as a Hyatt stay on the credit card. Rep has me on hold, saying it posted internally as "Homewood Suites," though my statement says, "HYATT PLACE EL SEGUNDO CA."
[edit] Rep has sent it up to her supervisor, who is researching it. She and I both agreed I would not be the only card holder with this issue.
[edit] Got a letter from Chase indicating points would post at next statement cycle.

Last edited by slocouple; Feb 24, 2013 at 10:03 am
Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:34 am

Interesting. Mine didn't post either. And when I tried to do it on line, I couldn't at first. Then noticed I had to find the hotel under Los Angeles instead of El Segundo. The day after I reported it, my stay posted.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:47 am

Sorry for the delay. Pix are a little dark, but you get the idea.

Last edited by Crazyhotelguy; Feb 16, 2013 at 11:55 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.