Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The LA Hotel Downtown REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - NO LONGER HYATT 18-Aug-14

Old Nov 26, 2012, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone stayed here while its being converted to an HR?

Thanks.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA, AS, BA, UA, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by mr27
Has anyone stayed here while its being converted to an HR?

Thanks.

bump - Anyone stay here recently?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
I've got a stay planned for Jan 26 but apparently there is a major construction still going on.

Hoping someone will stay here and give us their 2 cents.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
I've got a stay planned for Jan 26 but apparently there is a major construction still going on.

I'm booked for March 16th
Old Jan 18, 2013, 4:50 pm

Have a room booked for cash in April. It appears that you can't use points to book at this property. Has anyone been able to?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

I have a stay booked here for February 15. Will report back.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I will be staying there in April, as our company's LA office is a block away. I don't expect much this year (I'm thinking at best HR Cinci) but for the convenience factor AND the stay credit, I don't particularly care.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me

I stayed here for 3 nights earlier this month and overall it was a pleasant experience. From what I understand most of the regular rooms have been renovated, while the regency club and suites were still being worked on. I wasn't really around the hotel during the day 8am-5pm (construction hours) so I wasn't really impacted by any noise. I also never saw anyone working on the renovations. The hotel elevators were quite slow and should (hopefully) be included in the renovations. As a diamond, I was in one of the renovated rooms on one of the higher floors and was offered full breakfast buffet in the restaurant each morning (was on the hotel bill and had to ask them to remove it).

The rooms themselves seemed to be quite nice with a large bathroom including a separate shower and tub. I would estimate the room to be around 400 sqft. Also, I had inquired about using a diamond upgrade and I was told it would book into their junior suite although as of jan 14, none were available.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 1:55 pm

Did they give you 2k points for the club being closed?

Originally Posted by Milano Suprano
I stayed here for 3 nights earlier this month and overall it was a pleasant experience. From what I understand most of the regular rooms have been renovated, while the regency club and suites were still being worked on. I wasn't really around the hotel during the day 8am-5pm (construction hours) so I wasn't really impacted by any noise. I also never saw anyone working on the renovations. The hotel elevators were quite slow and should (hopefully) be included in the renovations. As a diamond, I was in one of the renovated rooms on one of the higher floors and was offered full breakfast buffet in the restaurant each morning (was on the hotel bill and had to ask them to remove it).

The rooms themselves seemed to be quite nice with a large bathroom including a separate shower and tub. I would estimate the room to be around 400 sqft. Also, I had inquired about using a diamond upgrade and I was told it would book into their junior suite although as of jan 14, none were available.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by 4aks
No, unfortunately I didn't get the points for the club being closed.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Milano Suprano
No, unfortunately I didn't get the points for the club being closed.
They are either claiming it is a 'no club' property, or you should call GP and ask for the points
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:28 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by 4aks
Should be 2,500 points for a club that is closed, but not permanently.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, IHG, HHonors
I stayed 2 nights in Nov, didn't notice construction but was not there much during those hours. Was put in a nice, renovated room on a higher floor, and was happy with the soundproofing job.. didn't hear much street noise or any neighbors.

I received Hyatt points for my stay. Awkward at check-in, a guy checking in was confused because he'd booked when it was a Marriott and was upset he wouldn't get those points or stay credit. The hotel had a temporary "The LA Hotel" banner hanging over their Marriott sign outside, and a sign in the lobby about their $10mil renovations.

Buffet in the lobby restaurant was good. Eggs/omelettes/maybe more could be ordered from a waiter and brought out from the kitchen in addition to what they had out. Service was great, they proactively offered coffee to go even though we had some with breakfast.

I would stay there again if the price was right.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Their currently offering 2,500 bonus points per stay using promotional code LA2500.

Last edited by mr27; Jan 27, 2013 at 11:46 pm Reason: added info
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP (and 3mm), SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Virtuoso, FSPP
Originally Posted by mr27
Their currently offering 2,500 bonus points per stay using promotional code LA2500.
It's actually 2500 bonus points per NIGHT!!

http://losangelesdowntown.hyatt.com/...sBookable=true

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.