Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

What's the procedure for web check-in?

Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP

Does the hotel put a hold on the cost of the room plus incidentals? What is usually the hold amount? $50 or more?

Starwood began putting $200 authorisation holds for even one night stays in Toronto.

Anyway, just wondering what the procedure is here.. for Canada and US travel?

Where do I pick up my key? And then also do online check out? Do I do it before I leave the room or after? Or if I don't do it, does it matter?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Where do I pick up my key? And then also do online check out? Do I do it before I leave the room or after? Or if I don't do it, does it matter?
No idea on the holds, etc.

pick up your key at the front desk or at the automated check in kiosk.

online check out is optional. You do it before you leave the room, it offers a selection of checkout times starting with "now" in 1/2 hour increments. It's not dependent on online check-in. It shows you a summary of your charges up to that point. (ETA: I suppose you could do it after you leave the room too, as long as it's within your check-out time. Also, if you requested late checkout at check-in, the list of check out times will go up to that time.)

At US properties, it usually doesn't matter if you check out or not. If I don't check out I usually just drop the key packet at the front desk to let them know I've left.

The benefit of using online check out IMO is that it lets them know you've left and guarantees that you get the folio emailed to you and there's no need to deal with anybody at the front desk on the way out.

I usually don't bother with online check in, but I often use online check out.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Jan 19, 2013 at 10:28 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.