Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Platinum Benefits

Has any platinum memer get upgraded to delxe rooms?
What exactly does "Ensure a room is always available with our 72-hour guarantee5"? if you request at least 72 hrs ahead you are gauranteed availability?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hqly2001
What exactly does "Ensure a room is always available with our 72-hour guarantee5"? if you request at least 72 hrs ahead you are gauranteed availability?
What do you mean by "deluxe room"?

The one time I went to the HR Osaka as a platinum, I received a room one level higher than the base room, but I'm not sure if that qualifies as "deluxe"

72 hours availability means that, when there's a room available that a Diamond isn't trying to use, or when the hotel doesn't decide to arbitrarily exclude availability for whatever reason it so deems to, you will be able to book a room at Rack Rate if you book with at least 72 hours notice. I doubt that this particular "benefit" will be of much use to you.

The only practical benefits of platinum level are 2pm late checkout and bonus point accumulation. Unlike Diamond status, it is nothing to go out of your way to obtain.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
The only practical benefits of platinum level are 2pm late checkout and bonus point accumulation.
Free internet is nice as well.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 3:51 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by WCT3U
Free internet is nice as well.
Is "nice" but in these days a benefit which I expect free of charge from every hotel - regardless of any status
Old Apr 28, 2013, 4:42 am

Programs: ual(1K), dl(plat), spg(plat), swa, hh, Hyatt(diamond)
Stayed 3 nights at the Grand Hyatt Goa (india). Was Plat and upgraded to one of the premier suites on the property. I was paying full rack rate and there was a convention on property of mostly non Hyatt GP members - mostly local Indian businessmen
I was thrilled to have the upgrade
thanks Hyatt
Old Apr 28, 2013, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Is "nice" but in these days a benefit which I expect free of charge from every hotel - regardless of any status
You can expect all you want, but you're going to need to either either do a lot of negotiation or specifically book free-internet properties.
Old May 1, 2013, 12:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond,UA 1k,SPG Platinum,AA Platinum
From my experience, it is possible even the chance is slim. It is highly based on the people who checked you in.

Originally Posted by hqly2001

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.