Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thank You From Hyatt – Enjoy 50,000 MileagePlus Award Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank You From Hyatt – Enjoy 50,000 MileagePlus Award Miles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:44 am

Programs: Club Carlson, Hyatt, National, Le Club Accor,
I'm a diamond and have a Mileage Plus Credit card. Unfortunately, I picked my method of preferred communication as snail mail. I quickly went back and changed it to 'email' on my profile as well as sign up for all their newsletters. DOH (especially if they would have given me the miles)!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 3:51 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
Curious how they may have selected recipients. I received the e-mail.

-Diamond several years running, though barely hit 25 stays each year.
-United Million Miler (thru Continental)
-Hyatt Credit Card
-No United Credit Card
Old Nov 2, 2012, 5:46 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
No email

Finishing up my 4th year as a Diamond
I have credited to UA in the past but not for a couple of years
UA 1K
Not a huge spender at Hyatt but not all el cheapo rates - about 2/3 HP and the rest PH/GH/HR.

Cheers
Old Nov 2, 2012, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
I did not have any Hyatt stays credit to UA. And I did receive the gift email. But I think one qualifier is having the Chase Hyatt Visa and/or one of the Chase UA Mileage Plus Visa cards... maybe?
That's not it, no email for me

Diamond for at least 5 years, earned on stays at high end properties, have chase hyatt card

Also UA PLT - via flights in paid F/J - w/Chase United Card

Don't believe I've ever credited a stay to United
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:12 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
According to @HyattPR on twitter:

"It's very small group of our most loyal Diamond members, selected with the help of United."
Why does everyone think that Hyatt is the reason they weren't chosen? There is a lot to be said of 'with the help of United.' There is intelligence gained on the members from both parties in the selection.

Speculate all you wish, but any targeting would be highly strategic, and not just several data points. There would be gains for both Hyatt and UA in this campaign to generate more revenue.

While you all may whinge about not being selected, now you know how the international members of the HGP program feel. It's a targeted bonus. It's not an offer to all members, and not something one qualifies for. Deal with it!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Why does everyone think that Hyatt is the reason they weren't chosen? There is a lot to be said of 'with the help of United.' There is intelligence gained on the members from both parties in the selection.

Speculate all you wish, but any targeting would be highly strategic, and not just several data points. There would be gains for both Hyatt and UA in this campaign to generate more revenue.

While you all may whinge about not being selected, now you know how the international members of the HGP program feel. It's a targeted bonus. It's not an offer to all members, and not something one qualifies for. Deal with it!
I agree that United must have had some criteria/input. However, I think the frustration is not entirely related to not being targeted. Rather it is the seeming inconsistency of the targeting - and that's where it differs from the exclusion of int'l members for some promos/targeted opportunities. "Must have US address to participate" etc.. is pretty cut/dry (which by the way doesn't mean I agree w/it or consider it "fair") but it is straightforward. This is not straightforward

(Also I don't see a lot of anger - but rather confusion in this thread. If you are looking for outrage over targeting/special offers, check out the EXP status matching offered to UA members thread on the AA forum.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:45 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bdemaria
I agree that United must have had some criteria/input. However, I think the frustration is not entirely related to not being targeted. Rather it is the seeming inconsistency of the targeting - and that's where it differs from the exclusion of int'l members for some promos/targeted opportunities. "Must have US address to participate" etc.. is pretty cut/dry (which by the way doesn't mean I agree w/it or consider it "fair") but it is straightforward. This is not straightforward
But this is not a promo or targeted offer. It's a targeted bonus. There is no qualification, thus no T/Cs and no room for confusion.

FYI - I was referring to the continued offers for Hyatt cc holders that international members cannot apply for.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI - I was referring to the continued offers for Hyatt cc holders that international members cannot apply for.
Yes, and that may be unfair, but it is clear. This is not.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:04 am

5th yr as diamond. 800k points total.
Average 70+ nights a year on 250$+ properties.
no UA Bonus
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
But this is not a promo or targeted offer. It's a targeted bonus. There is no qualification, thus no T/Cs and no room for confusion.
What does targeted offer do to encourage behavior in the future (amongst both the recipients as well as the rest of us)? I hope no one is going to say "oh man, let me spend a lot of money with Hyatt and credit occasionally to UA because I might get 50k MP miles like they did that one time" without any rational basis for doing so.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:50 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Data point

No email

10 year Diamond with a little over 1 million points (not base)
Already requalified with 35 stays this year.
No transfer to UA
No status at UA, was 1P at one time - fairly inactive account.
Have both Hyatt and UA (no fee version) credit cards.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:50 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Congrats to the ones who got this. I didn't and I needed 50K more UA points..
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Originally Posted by rsh913
5th yr as diamond. 800k points total.
Average 70+ nights a year on 250$+ properties.
no UA Bonus
Same feeling here - When is Hyatt going to stop this discrimination towards people outside the U.S. We end up paying higher rate while U.S. members enjoy free awards (with the Visa Card) in suite and now this bonus. I wonder what price did Hyatt pay for all those miles; that money could have been used to provide better service in some properties like replacing the Canvas wine.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:05 am
sy7

I was extremely shocked to get this email (ie couldn't believe that Hyatt was just giving me 50K UA miles), and immediately looked here get the details.

While I've been diamond for a long time (7 yrs?), I've had only 1 paid stay at Hyatt this year (and I asked for points for that stay). I also haven't requalified for UA 1K either (though I'm just a few miles short and definitely will be making additional ticket purchases by year end). I have both the Hyatt and UA explorer credit cards, and I think I applied for both within weeks of when they were announced.

I have credited Hyatt stays to UA in the past so they have my UA number on file. Also, a few years back they had a promo where you could get 1500 UA miles for any stay (even if you otherwise asked for points for the stay) and of course they required your UA # for that.

Anyway, I'm really grateful to Hyatt for this extremely generous and unexpected gift.

Last edited by sy7; Nov 2, 2012 at 9:30 am
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
For those who are not regulars to the United forum......

There is seldom any logic to how United targets members for promotions. Consider the MoM promotion. The totally-botched Map my Dreams promotion.

My guess is that Hyatt handed United a list of Diamond members. United took the list into the back room where the lucky chicken is kept. If the chicken crapped on your name, you were selected for the bonus. That's about the level of sophistication that United has these days.

The better questions is this: When did Hyatt become bed-buddies with United? I guess when you're both owned by the same parent company, maybe that's what happens.... so now we have ChaseUnited Airlines and ChaseHyatt Hotels. Pretty soon, they can vertically-integrate such that you can be screwed both getting to your destination, AND when you're there!

(And yes, I ended up on the chicken-crap side of this promotion for once, but I definitely understand the frustration of those who didn't.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.