Search

Multiple room credit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2012, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: All of them...
Multiple room credit

Hi,

I will be staying at a Hyatt House soon with a group, and I will take out 5 rooms.

As a Hyatt Plat, I would like to know, will I (can I) get a night credit for each room as a separate stay?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 1:37 am

From my experience, you will get points for up to 3 rooms but receive only 1 stay credit for all your rooms. You need to make sure that you paid all room with your credit card at check-out or have your name for all rooms' reservation.

Hope this helps..
Old Sep 28, 2012, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by chff
Hi,

I will be staying at a Hyatt House soon with a group, and I will take out 5 rooms.

As a Hyatt Plat, I would like to know, will I (can I) get a night credit for each room as a separate stay?
AFAIK, you will only get credit for one room for night/stay credit.
I believe only SPG has a policy of giving night/stay credit for up to 3 rooms.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by chff
Hi,

You will only get night/stay credit for the one room that you personally occupy. If you book and pay for all rooms under the same reservation, you will get points for the spend on the total bill AFAIK.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some properties will merge folios into one for you so that you can get GP points for all revenue. But only one stay/night credit as it is only one folio.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: All of them...
Originally Posted by mnmag
I believe only SPG has a policy of giving night/stay credit for up to 3 rooms.
I'm changing my plans to SPG
Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: A few
I recently paid for two rooms at the Hyatt Regency DFW. I did not expect to get two stay credits and that held true, but I did expect to receive two Diamond amenities (1,000 x 2). Does anybody know if this should be the case or not? I only got one.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 12:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Aren't the points or gift food amenity given in appreciation of the Diamond member? If so, why would you expect two unless there's an additional Diamond staying in the second room?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I recently paid for two rooms at the Hyatt Regency DFW. I did not expect to get two stay credits and that held true, but I did expect to receive two Diamond amenities (1,000 x 2). Does anybody know if this should be the case or not? I only got one.
You will only get 1.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 9:15 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Maui4me1
You will only get 1.
It's only 1 stay credit - whenever I have 2 rooms - I take the F&B choice for 1 room.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peteropny
It's only 1 stay credit - whenever I have 2 rooms - I take the F&B choice for 1 room.
That's a good idea! So, in theory, each room is entitled to the diamond amenity, but only one points amenity can be credited to a diamond's a/c -- correct?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:03 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by mnmag
That's a good idea! So, in theory, each room is entitled to the diamond amenity, but only one points amenity can be credited to a diamond's a/c -- correct?
Well absolute entitlement - no - since the T&Cs call for only 1 room getting the perks - but in practice most properties will grant status perks for 2 rooms (including the welcome amenity) - but only 1 points amenity will ever post since it is considered one stay.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peteropny
Well absolute entitlement - no - since the T&Cs call for only 1 room getting the perks - but in practice most properties will grant status perks for 2 rooms (including the welcome amenity) - but only 1 points amenity will every post since it is considered one stay.
Thanks for clarifying ^ -- as we all know -- YMMV!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.