Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Breakfast Benefit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:43 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Here is another question:

If there is a club lounge, can we opt to have the breakfast in the restaurant instead? Would it be up to the hotel to charge us the difference or the full amount if we opted to have breakfast in the restaurant?

I really don't like lounges, especially for breakfasts. That's why I would avoid properties with lounges if possible.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by jarusoba

If there is a club lounge, can we opt to have the breakfast in the restaurant instead? Would it be up to the hotel to charge us the difference or the full amount if we opted to have breakfast in the restaurant?

I really don't like lounges, especially for breakfasts. That's why I would avoid properties with lounges if possible.

When Regency Club/Grand Club access is unavailable or when a Hyatt does not have a Regency Club/Grand Club, ...

-David
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by LIH Prem

When Regency Club/Grand Club access is unavailable or when a Hyatt does not have a Regency Club/Grand Club, ...
-David
I know if there is no club lounge or if the lounge is closed, we can have breakfast in the restaurant. But if there is a club lounge and it's open, can we still have breakfast in the restaurant and get a partial credit for the breakfast bill?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 12:08 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
I know if there is no club lounge or if the lounge is closed, we can have breakfast in the restaurant. But if there is a club lounge and it's open, can we still have breakfast in the restaurant and get a partial credit for the breakfast bill?
No. Credit towards a restaurant or room service breakfast is not a part of Diamond benefits.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
afaik, there is no 'partial credit' given/available if you choose to have breakfast in the restaurant and the club lounge is open. I'm not aware of exceptions being made to this policy (unless a specific property does so on their own), but perhaps someone will share their experience if this has been the case.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by baliktad
No. Credit towards a restaurant or room service breakfast is not a part of Diamond benefits.
Originally Posted by mnmag
afaik, there is no 'partial credit' given/available if you choose to have breakfast in the restaurant and the club lounge is open. I'm not aware of exceptions being made to this policy (unless a specific property does so on their own), but perhaps someone will share their experience if this has been the case.
Thanks for the replies.

I have been offered breakfast in the restaurant when I asked at GH Fukuoka, and another HR in California (don't remember which). The lounge was open but I just asked them at check-in and they let me.

That's why I asked here. So I guess it really depends on the property.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 4:28 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Thanks for the replies.

I have been offered breakfast in the restaurant when I asked at GH Fukuoka, and another HR in California (don't remember which). The lounge was open but I just asked them at check-in and they let me.

That's why I asked here. So I guess it really depends on the property.
One of the biggest reasons I like the Gold Passport program over the other majors is that Hyatt consistently sets expectations at a reasonable level and then regularly exceeds them.

At Hyatt, breakfast is guaranteed in the lounge or in the restaurant. Room service isn't a published benefit, so I never go in expecting room service. But occasionally I ask if I can take my breakfast in the room instead of the restaurant, offering to pay the delivery charge separately. I recognize that this is at the property's discretion, but more often than not, my request is granted. Complimentary suite upgrades aren't a published benefit either, but I have been surprised many times by generous properties who upgrade on arrival or occasionally even pre-block a suite.

My reaction to this is one of delight. I feel much better going into a situation knowing what to expect and being surprised than hoping for an elusive perk that doesn't materialize most of the time. Contrast Hyatt's model to Starwood's, where suite upgrades are promised anytime a suite is available but individual properties flagrantly violate the terms of program by denying that suites are available/clean/for sale/exist.

As long as you keep your expectations grounded in what the actual T&C's of the program stipulate, you will rarely be disappointed, and you will have many opportunities to be pleasantly surprised.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Diamond Breakfast Benefit

Great post baliktad!
Old Oct 2, 2012, 5:42 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mnmag
The GH MEL offers a reduced rate for breakfast in the Collins Kitchen for Club Lounge guests of $22, vs $38.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Wonderful benefit and clarification. Thank you!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 12:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you're interested in rates including breakfast or otherwise getting a full breakfast rather than the lounge breakfast, be sure to scroll down and skim all rates when booking. At a number of hotels, I've recently noticed, when looking at AAA or AARP rates especially, that the first rates shown will be the standard discounted one for room only, but just below there will be rates for AAA/AARP/etc. including breakfast (or lounge access) for exactly the same price. The same phenomenon is happening even more often at spg.com, so there might be something a bit funny in the contracts that these organizations have negotiated with hotel chains for their members. Note that these have been USA hotels; I don't know whether the same holds at foreign locations.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Maybe Not Everybody

48Lex is still on their own breakfast planet. $25 per person card that can be used at any meal, but is still capped at $25 at breakfast. (This seems to be news to the servers who state it covers a full entree, juice, and coffee and don't worry about it, but when it goes through accounting its being capped at $25, and the balance hits your folio). There is an assumed $4 tip being added as well, which counts against the $25. (The location is a franchise and the restaurant is outsourced, so its two iterations out of Hyatt control).
Old Oct 16, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
If a Diamond member book two rooms, are the breakfasts benefits extended to all the guests in these two rooms?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by westlaker
If a Diamond member book two rooms, are the breakfasts benefits extended to all the guests in these two rooms?
It was for me.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by westlaker
I have consistently found this to be true - but both rooms are always in my name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.