Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Double Dip with Current Southwest Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2012, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, GP Diamond, ICH Plat, SPG Gold, WN A List, National Exec

Is it just me or do you guys normally have to call in for your Diamond Bonus Points amenity when they run an Airline promotion?

So far all of my stays I've given my Southwest rewards number at the front desk and asked for airlines miles and the Diamond points amenity. Every time the southwest points post but not Diamond Amenity.

So I have to call in to GP service, since I have to call in for the points they give me a 50% bonus so 1500 points for a Regency stay and 750 for a Hyatt Place trip.

I don't mind calling in for the bonus points but was wondering if this is normal?
Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: status-less.
If my stay is at HP or HH (formerly HSS), have to call/email 100% of the time.

If my stay is at HR, have to call/email 75% of the time.

I consider it the "secret G bonus"....ssssh, don't tell!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
100% failure to post for me too. I have to call after every trip. I have this Saturday ritual of calling GP customer service. Since I travel almost week, this is like a weekly thing. While I appreciate the 50% more points for failing to post, but it's not worth it! I spend most of the week away from home and the last thing I want is to have to call GP to have this corrected on a Saturday. If I don't call weekly, then it's very hard to keep track for the reps... Ever try to have a CSR look too far back into the past?

Of all the travel related companies I deal with, airlines, hotels, cars, etc, Hyatt is the only one I have to all consistently. It's a shame! Hyatt's IT people sucks big time! If it was other companies, they would have been fired a long time ago for letting an issue like this to linger for 6 or 7 years or longer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.