Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Union Square, New York (Opens 1 May 2013)

Hyatt Union Square, New York (Opens 1 May 2013)

Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Thought it was always going to be a cat 5.
The "soon to be open" Hyatt Place is still supposed to be a cat 4... wonder if that will stick.
Carolyn
PS> Still love value of 48 lex.... wondering how long that will stay cat 4
Now that you mentioned it, probably not vey long

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Dec 12, 2012 at 11:38 am
Old Feb 11, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Looks like the opening will be delayed. According to hyatt.com it is now set to open April 30!
Old Mar 22, 2013, 2:29 pm

It's bookable for May 1.

-David
Old Apr 4, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Looks like is still being worked on as of last week. Is in a location where there are not many other large chain hotels. I think the closest is the W Union sq.

Old Apr 23, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Supposedly this hotel is now open (per their website). Would love to hear about Diamond upgrades and breakfast benefits from any that happen to stay in the near future.

We are staying here in a few weeks and would like to know what to expect. Debating using a suite upgrade award here as well and would like to know what room type those book into
Old Apr 23, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: WOH (G)lobotimized, SPG Tarnished Gold
Does anyone else get the feeling that this will be another cramped econobox, similar to 48 Lex or, worse, HP Midtown South?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Looking at the photos of the rooms they look TINY... no decent seating!!! Also, it appears the bathroom vanity area has no privacy. The hotel Restaurant is operated by a third party so no points for dinning at the hotel, but the location is awesome.

I was going to stay there this weekend but I canceled. I can't pass up $134 AAA hot rate at Hyatt Place/Midtown... I only need a shower and a bed this weekend.

I will do a site visit.

http://unionsquare.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

http://www.hyattunionsquarenyc.com/?...id_26148128225

Originally Posted by Somewhere Over the Atlantic
Does anyone else get the feeling that this will be another cramped econobox, similar to 48 Lex or, worse, HP Midtown South?

Last edited by Radiant Flyer; Apr 23, 2013 at 4:42 pm
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Somewhere Over the Atlantic
staying there in early May to check it out.

I think it is a Hyatt (not a regency) because it doesn't meet the standards to be a Hyatt Regency. So, yes, I think it will be more like 48 Lex as both are probably more boutique-like properties than Hyatt Regencies.

-David
Old May 5, 2013, 7:42 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

This property is now open so please continue discussions at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...er-thread.html .

For housekeeping purposes this thread is being locked.

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt

Last edited by peteropny; May 5, 2013 at 7:48 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.