FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   HGP Concierge-a simple request (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1356780-hgp-concierge-simple-request.html)

bigguyinpasadena Jun 14, 2012 3:50 pm

HGP Concierge-a simple request

I just called the"Diamond" telephone number-only to be dumped unto a (non functioning)voice recognition system. I would not even bother but the website was down once again.

Would it be too much trouble to have some sort of priority phone number for HGP Diamond members? I am not asking for a seperate call center or even special phone rep's(although that would be very nice)but rather just a number where the CSR would know that they have a Diamond member on the line and a number that does not get routed to the (nonfunctioning)voice recognition robot.

I look forward to your response,

Gold Passport Concierge Jun 14, 2012 5:46 pm

Hello bigguyinpasadena,

I am so sorry you had trouble reaching an agent. We do offer a number to our Diamond members and I will private message that number to you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Safe travels!

Dana M.

ldsant Jun 14, 2012 10:26 pm

BigGuy - I called the Diamond line this week too since the website wasn't functioning for reserving a room. REALLY REALLY bad experience. Had the "fake voice" thing first, then it sent me to somebody who was part of the vacation ownership, then to somebody in a call center, then to somebody who didn't understand why she was getting the call. Finally I had a manager who was GREAT but I had spent over 40 minutes before I got to him.

holtju2 Jun 15, 2012 1:42 am

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge (Post 18758523)
We do offer a number to our Diamond members and I will private message that number to you.

What is the purpose of the "Diamond" "number" when it just dumps you to the front of the uninformed "regular" agents?

Time to get the real Diamond line back?

peteropny Jun 15, 2012 8:06 am

Originally Posted by holtju2 (Post 18760159)
What is the purpose of the "Diamond" "number" when it just dumps you to the front of the uninformed "regular" agents?

Time to get the real Diamond line back?

I'm assuming that people dialing the Diamond number go to the head of the queue.

They're committed to this model of not having dedicated Diamond agents - we were offerred Private Line agents a few years ago. At that time training agents was a serious issue with many reports of even basic information being answered incorrectly. Recently, this has improved considerably with very few reports of incorrect information given to customers - of course there is still some on more "obscure" issues but that would probably occur even with dedicated Diamond agents.

ldsant Jun 15, 2012 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 18761254)
I'm assuming that people dialing the Diamond number go to the head of the queue.

They're committed to this model of not having dedicated Diamond agents - we were offerred Private Line agents a few years ago. At that time training agents was a serious issue with many reports of even basic information being answered incorrectly. Recently, this has improved considerably with very few reports of incorrect information given to customers - of course there is still some on more "obscure" issues but that would probably occur even with dedicated Diamond agents.

Not sure how needing a reservation is "obscure." The phone lines at Hyatt are just poor. Nothing special and not sure I understand why it is difficult for Hyatt to really have a good Diamond line!

peteropny Jun 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by ldsant (Post 18764505)
Not sure how needing a reservation is "obscure." The phone lines at Hyatt are just poor. Nothing special and not sure I understand why it is difficult for Hyatt to really have a good Diamond line!

I'm not talking about the strange phone system that you and bigguy experienced, I'm talking about the training that the agents receive regarding issues.

azepine00 Jun 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by ldsant (Post 18764505)

While the website is indeed buggy phone support is usually quite good. There are exceptions from time to time but out of 100-ish calls over the last several years i had perhaps 2-3 problematic ones. Not a big deal IMO.