Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park - Toronto (Old) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - (closing for renovation 12/1/17-09:21

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park - Toronto (Old) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - (closing for renovation 12/1/17-09:21

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Anyoen know if they have suites with 2 beds? Looking to burn a suite upgrade but won't if they only have King bed suites available... Will have to book the standard 2 doubles.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 6:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Just finished a stay here at the north tower and had a good experience. The rooftop lounge is very cozy and the restaurant has a decent vegan selection.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: AC, UA, HH, MR, and the other usual suspects
Fourth stay here this year. It's a good location for me for work and other places I need to be in Toronto.

Had a nice morning in the Stillwater Spa - great service, nice massage after a complex week at work. Relaxing and tasty lunch in the spa.

Newly Hyatt platinum (which I realize isn't much), but so much for the "preferred room" benefit.

Booked a deluxe king, got a deluxe king backing right onto the elevator shaft. They aren't the noisiest elevators ever, but I could definitely hear and feel them. Lovely view of the kitchens and dining nooks of the apt building next door.

Called downstairs and was changed to another room. Waited a bit for the keys, then ended up calling down and hauling my luggage back across the hotel to pick them up.

Given another room in the north tower. Supposedly it is newly renovated, and quite mid century modern, and something about this is the concept they're thinking about going with. But, the melamine on the desk top and other surfaces is fairly nicked and scratched, paint chipped on doors and wood work. Cleaning chemicals or something are rusting the chrome legs of the ottoman. Would have guessed, if not told by the front desk, that this room hadn't been changed in years.

Nice entry, then closet/minibar leading to large work area, followed by a small sectional seating area (reminds me of room set up in the Hyatt Place Salt Lake City I stayed at last month), small partition with the bed next to the window. There are some nice photos on the wall, some knicknacks, and some books an etagere, the top one still sporting the 20% discount sticker (members save an extra 10%!). Tiny melamine ledges next to the bed instead of the nice large nightstands I've had in other rooms here. Hope I don't tip over my glass of water turning over in bed tonight. No room for a book, as the one is filled up with the phone, notepad, etc. and the other with the alarm clock. Controls for the motorized window blinds are behind the desk lamp, far away from the bed, and not well marked. Played a little "what does this button do?" to figure it out.

The bath room is spacious and unchanged from 'unrenovated' rooms I've had here, except that the nice soaker tub has been replaced with a very nice, but much less relaxing shower. Rain and sprayer shower heads. And I seriously do love the bergamot body lotion.

No "Thanks for being a Passport member" or mention of my puny but greater thanzero status on checkin (why did they thank me before for being a gold? All you have to do is breathe to get that). Maybe I'm confused and I dropped a tier instead.

Anyhow, it's a hotel room.

Last edited by dibby; Nov 16, 2013 at 3:16 pm
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
When you use the corporate code 21837 to search for a room on Wednesdays and Thursday, you can access the "Kosher At Park" rate, that is not only cheaper than the Advance Purchase Rate, but also comes with kosher breakfast and dinner.

The rate does not appear to be tied to any specific company. The rate description states:

"KOSHER AT THE PARK Kosher dinner for 2:Kosher breakfast for 2:2pm late check out AGENT NOTES: - Valid 24APR12 - 17MAR13, _ WED-THURS ONLY"

Also allows you can cancel up to 24 hours before arrival.
Anyone know if anything like this is available now?
Old Feb 27, 2014, 1:04 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Any recent thought on the PH property. I have a 1-day stay in Toronto and the Regency property is about $100 cheaper.

I wouldn't paying an extra hundred if the experience is really PH standard but reading reviews from past years, I have a feeling I'd be better off saving the money.

Any thoughts on location between the two? Looking for something near bars/ restaurants/ touristy area.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
PH is right on Bloor which has shopping and restaurants. HR is downtown, more of a business area but believe there are a bunch of restaurants within a few blocks
HR you can use corporate code 67384 for 25% off (this is a social media promotion)
Neither property is that nice but PH is obviously nicer
Old Feb 27, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Any recent thought on the PH property. I have a 1-day stay in Toronto and the Regency property is about $100 cheaper.

I wouldn't paying an extra hundred if the experience is really PH standard but reading reviews from past years, I have a feeling I'd be better off saving the money.

Any thoughts on location between the two? Looking for something near bars/ restaurants/ touristy area.
The PH is in a more posh neighborhood. Right beside the Museum as well as some higher end restaurants. Given your stay is only one day it truly will make no difference however. I stayed at the HR for over a month last year and it is in the heart of Toronto's Entertainment district. Everything is around you. Nightlife, restaurants. Shopping is more centered near the PH.

I would go for the HR regency given the savings. The PH is not a typical PH by any means.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:41 am

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Spent one night here on our way back from Sydney and was upgraded to a Park Suite on a C+P booking. Nice enough room, but the South Tower is in need of some serious updating. Coming direct from the PH Sydney, this was a bit of a surprise. The North Tower looked newer, perhaps it is nicer. I dunno.

Breakfast at the restaurant was pretty good, and the location is pretty convenient to downtown without being super loud and busy.
Old May 26, 2014, 7:57 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
just stayed for one night in the south tower in a king room and it wasn't anything special...I had high expectations based on previous PH stays...at least the weather and food were wonderful in Toronto
Old May 26, 2014, 8:07 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Anyone with experience in a Park Suite? The info on the website indicates that it is fairly small for a suite and only a few sq ft larger than the deluxe rooms that are usually given to Diamonds in the north tower (been in those a few times - would say its a 1 room junior suite). Is it worth a DSU? Booked and applied for a 5 night stay next May. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 7:43 pm

Programs: -
concierge

Had a one night stay here and what a disappoiintment. Granted most of my PH/GH experiences were in Asia, so maybe I set the bar too high but still....

Asked the concierge to book us the free car service to a restaurant my gf picked. They drove us to the wrong place, ended up having to pay more for the cab than if I had just gotten it at the hotel...

In addition, I asked for where we should go before dinner to grab a drink. They simply said something along the lines of "oh there are tons of bars around there, you can just pick one"

I then asked for recommendations of lounges/bars to go to after dinner. They said that I should go to "XYZ" district, again without picking a specific place.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but if I just want to know which districts have restaurants or bars I can just use google and do it myself. If they can't recommend a place, make reservations, what exactly is their job?

On another note the rooftop bar is very cool. Great views. Rooms weren't all that special but the rates here are reasonable, so you can't expect too much I guess. Other than the concierge no major complaints.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Anyone tried finding alternate parking lately?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:49 am

http://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article81301.html

"Oxford Properties Group and Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE:H) today announced that Oxford Properties has purchased the 346-room Park Hyatt Toronto hotel from a Hyatt affiliate for approximately $90 million USD or $260,000 USD per key, subject to certain adjustments.

Oxford intends to spend approximately $25 million USD in additional capital expenditures over the next five years. A Hyatt affiliate will continue to operate the hotel under a new hotel services agreement."
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
It's nice to see that someone is investing capital into the property. I know that Hyatt had contemplated closing one of the towers and upgrading the rooms. But it never happened. 346 rooms is a lot for a Park Hyatt, kind of like the Four Seasons Sydney which is over 500 rooms and struggles to deliver 5-star service.

Originally Posted by Shangri-La
http://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article81301.html

"Oxford Properties Group and Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE:H) today announced that Oxford Properties has purchased the 346-room Park Hyatt Toronto hotel from a Hyatt affiliate for approximately $90 million USD or $260,000 USD per key, subject to certain adjustments.

Oxford intends to spend approximately $25 million USD in additional capital expenditures over the next five years. A Hyatt affiliate will continue to operate the hotel under a new hotel services agreement."
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:13 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by peteropny
Anyone with experience in a Park Suite? The info on the website indicates that it is fairly small for a suite and only a few sq ft larger than the deluxe rooms that are usually given to Diamonds in the north tower (been in those a few times - would say its a 1 room junior suite). Is it worth a DSU? Booked and applied for a 5 night stay next May. Thanks in advance.
Bump - anyone? Thanks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.