Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park - Toronto (Old) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - (closing for renovation 12/1/17-09:21

Park - Toronto (Old) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - (closing for renovation 12/1/17-09:21

Old Mar 3, 2004, 8:00 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
I had a good stay on a FFN last Dec. and was upgraded to a Luxury room with a sitting area. Breakfast was excellent and the amenity was great in the spa entrance and mediocre in the red wine offered.

I am booked for another FFN for 2 rooms and will be taking my parents there so what do people think my chances are for upgrades? or what would be the best strategy? I had tried to contact the assistant manager who I met a few times before but unfortunately he is on vacation for 2 weeks...

Old Apr 11, 2004, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PP
Now I'm totally confused! I was thinking about a weekend at the PH Toronto and after reading these posts I'm not sure about anything. Ahhh, the great thing about FT is the variety of members with different tastes & standards.

So you tell me, based on what I like, should I stay here or not?

PH Chicago: love the rooms (don't need to leave except for shopping). Had service issues in the past, but it's much better now

PH Tokyo: beautiful. Went for New Year's Eve dinner, didn't stay.

PH Vendome: tres chic, but way too expensive for leisure travel (esp if breakfast is not included). Location is great! No hassle about using the free internet by the front desk.

I don't like big corporate hotels, like the HR Chicago (on Wacker) and the Printer's Row I find downright scary.

The rate for May 7-9 is $260 (CAD) per night. Too much? I'm Platinum on HY.
Old Apr 11, 2004, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA slave, DL hostage, HGP tool, HH captive, SPG reject
i just stayed there last night. was pre-blocked in a south tower room, but using 800-CHECK-IN I was able to get it changed to a two-bedded room in the north tower. I was also "upgraded" to a luxury room, which i believe is a regular room with a small sitting area. the room is very spacious as was the bathroom. a big plus is the free internet access. diamond amenity was a bowl of fresh fruit and the banana smoothie. the smoothie is yummy ^ but it wasn't listed on the amenity card (i had front desk write it down on the card). the waiter who delivered the diamond amenity told me that the rooms in the north tower have been renovated but the south tower rooms are bigger. afternoon tea service is great, but didn't get a chance to use the breakfast coupons. I enjoyed my first stay there and will be back soon
Old Apr 12, 2004, 3:52 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

suzy - Don't compare the PH Toronto to the PH Vendome or The PH Chicago or PH Tokyo. You will be disappointed. That said, it is still a very nice hotel and I recommend it. Have you been to PH SF? More in line with Toronto, IMHO.
Old Apr 12, 2004, 5:17 pm

PH Toronto

Suzy,

I went back again on FFN in March and had 2 rooms for 2 nights and paid extra to upgrade one of the room to a Jr. Suite. I called PH Toronto requesting the additional paid Suite upgrade, preferably with a view of CN tower in South Tower and the 2nd room on the same floor, and they organized it very well.

On my first stay in Dec., I got upgraded to a Deluxe room with a sitting area in the North Tower and it was recently renovated with a lot of space. Actually, I think it has as much space as the Jr. suite and definitely bigger than the regular room in the South Tower. I prefer the set up of the rooms and the decor in the North Tower more, cleaner and more contemporary lines. I love the neighbourhood.

The hotel restaurant is great for breakfast and they have Lilly coffee in the lobby during the mornings. There is not a Regency Club in this PH. The concierge recommended a very nice Italian restaurant down Avenue road and have a wonderful grill fish and vegetable platter there.

My favourite amenity was spa entrance on my last stay and it was no longer on the card but when I mentioned it, the front desk organized it for me with the spa. Ended up due an issue unrelated to the hotel, we lost some time so I was not able to use it and got it switched back to a regular amenity (I think Antipasto.)

I think it helped that I called ahead to arrange for what I wanted and some people recognized me from a previous stay. I did notice a couple of small things but overall, both stays have been positive experiences but I am sure it would not compare to PH Paris Vendome or PH Tokyo.

Hope this helps, Mary
Old May 1, 2005, 11:48 pm

Stayed there in late January on an FFN - I am Diamond. My girlfriend selected potato chips as the Diamond amenity; I didn't see the card but if I remmeber correctly she said it was either that or a fruit plate.

I had called from Seattle on the day of arrival and asked the manager for a room with a view of the CN Tower; got a no-view room in the North Tower instead.

The room was nice, but certainly nowhere near the luxury of a PH Tokyo, Paris or Chicago - in fact the rooms in many Regency properties are better. Bathroom was nicely kitted out in marble.

Diamond breakfast was a Tokyo-style room service-only affair with coffee, juice, pastry and toast. Not impressive.

Still, the location in Yorkville is convenient to many tourist attractions and the subway.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 5:21 pm

I had the room service breakfast on 1 stay but I typically go down for brunch at the Aurora restaurant...
Old Apr 23, 2007, 10:37 am

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
Stayed there last month, can't say too much about the hotel. From the outside, the place looks terrible. However the rooms are nice and the bed is comfortable.

I am only Platinum with Hyatt so no breakfast but did get my complimentary hot beverage. Still though, PH Toronto is not my cup of tea.

It is far from the financial center and after various visits to Toronto, prefer to be downtown and get the occasional water view at Fairmont or Westin.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 12:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Any recent updates? Planning to spend a weekend up in Toronto. Not sure if I should just go to the Westin Harbour front or try out the PH. Any upgrades for Diamonds?
Old Jul 19, 2008, 1:37 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I have stayed at this property a few times.. If you like to be in the shopping/museum area, this is the best place to stay. For business, it is not so convenient. The hotel is directly across from the Royal Ontario Museum and the Four Seasons.

As for the room, I would request the North Wing room (which is new building added on to the old hotel. Room is big and there is free wireless.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 3:07 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by ACfly
I have stayed at this property a few times.. If you like to be in the shopping/museum area, this is the best place to stay. For business, it is not so convenient. The hotel is directly across from the Royal Ontario Museum and the Four Seasons.

As for the room, I would request the North Wing room (which is new building added on to the old hotel. Room is big and there is free wireless.
For a weekend stay you're way better off at the PH over the Westin. The Westin is along the lake, but is cut off from the rest of the city. From the PH you can walk virtually anywhere in the downtown core and the subway is very close if you don't want to walk.

South tower rooms have a little more character than the North tower, but are a little smaller. However, I'd personally take the South tower over the North. Diamond upgrades have not been huge, but the amenity is usually good -- including a full size wine option.

Make sure you try out the roof top bar, it has an amazing patio with a great city view.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:21 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Flew in for a one night stay this past Sunday.

Booked a (for downtown) CHEAP AAA rate of $199.

Staff was 5* overall. SLOW wait staff, but pleasant.

Room was 4*.

It was VERY cheap for DT toronto in Summer. I would put it at a 25% premium to the Ren. DT.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 1:13 pm

Stayed here back in May. It struck me as a solid four-star hotel. Nothing about the service was particularly great, nor was it ever bad. It would have been nice to have a separate shower and tub. Be aware that it's about a $10 cab ride back and forth to the convention centre.

My only word of advice is that if you're going to Toronto for a fun weekend and don't care about points or stay credits, there's a place around the corner called the Hazelton Hotel. It's much more modern/trendy and has a decent bar on the ground floor.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 6:04 pm

Programs: United 1P, Delta GM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
Stayed here on FFN's last weekend. I'd give it a strong review. Staff was as cited above, superb and willing to take care of every request. Room was very spacious, with a King Bed and seating area. Bathroom was large, but one odd thing that I noticed was the layout of the tub. With the bathtub sitting in the square construction, water seemed to collect and run onto the floor. Annoying, but certainly not a dealbreaker. Had drinks in the lounge overlooking the city. Relatively inexpensive, especially considering the CAD exchange rate. Took the metro from Union Station, got off at Museum station and walked the .5 block to the hotel. Room service was fast and fairly tasty. Loved the Yorkville neighborhood and the local restaurants and lounges. For everything I'd read, the area was unpretentious. Especially enjoyed the Italian trattoria a few blocks away (where we enjoyed dinner next to Yao Ming. Excellent Valpolicelli).
Old May 1, 2009, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA 2.7MM LTP, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Nat'l Emerald Exec)
I was here one night this week. LOVELY hotel, great staff, eggs benedict came to the room in TEN minutes etc...

Will stay again and I am a starwood person.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.