Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park - Toronto (Old) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - (closing for renovation 12/1/17-09:21

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park - Toronto (Old) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - (closing for renovation 12/1/17-09:21

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by peteropny
Bump - anyone? Thanks!!
It's a nice room but outdated. It has a half bathroom when you walk in, then a sofa, 2 chairs and a square table. The master bathroom is large with a full tub. Again outdated but not bad.

As far as size, the hotel brought a twin size bed and placed it on the floor for our little one in the bedroom. It was a bit tight but it fit and we could still walk around.

If you need the vip manager contact please let me know. They treat Diamonds great here and you may get upgraded to a bigger suite as I was on another stay.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:08 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
It's a nice room but outdated. It has a half bathroom when you walk in, then a sofa, 2 chairs and a square table. The master bathroom is large with a full tub. Again outdated but not bad.

As far as size, the hotel brought a twin size bed and placed it on the floor for our little one in the bedroom. It was a bit tight but it fit and we could still walk around.

If you need the vip manager contact please let me know. They treat Diamonds great here and you may get upgraded to a bigger suite as I was on another stay.
Thank you for the info - is the entry suite in the Norh or South tower? I may PM you for the manager's contact once its been determined if our friend is joining us there or not (if so perhaps a 2nd connecting room would be ideal).
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by peteropny
Bump - anyone? Thanks!!
Just had this discussion with the diamond rep last night. Still had DSU left, booked a long weekend for the anniversary in August. Requested a higher end suite due to the entry level being so small

Additionally, there was a tripadvisor review stating that the property gave an "allowance" for breakfast that did not even cover a basic breakfast?

Last edited by etsmyers; Mar 1, 2015 at 9:28 am
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by etsmyers
Just had this discussion with the diamond rep last night. Still had DSU left, booked a long weekend for the anniversary in August. Requested a higher end suite due to the entry level being so small

Additionally, there was a tripadvisor review stating that the property gave an "allowance" for breakfast that did not even cover a basic breakfast?
When I was there you could order room service breakfast and they would even cover that..Think I always did that instead of the restaurant. No allowance that I've ever been told
Old Mar 3, 2015, 5:22 am

+1,

My wife and I have truely tested the limits of diamond room service breakfast here. They never billed us for anything.

Last edited by BobR; Mar 3, 2015 at 5:34 am
Old Mar 3, 2015, 5:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by etsmyers

I have had no problem with the breakfast options. I have ordered room service and received a huge breakfast, as well as had dbf for 4 people without issue. The general limit is $25pp and on the prix fixe menu, this includes the main dish + fresh OJ or grapefruit juice (I have ordered other types without charge), unlimited Illy coffee, loose leaf tea or milk. IIRC,I have also ordered latte without issue.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BobR
+1,

My wife and I have truely tested the limits of diamond room service breakfast here. They never billed us for anything.
I'm guessing you ordered the whole menu .
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by sensei
It's nice to see that someone is investing capital into the property. I know that Hyatt had contemplated closing one of the towers and upgrading the rooms. But it never happened. 346 rooms is a lot for a Park Hyatt, kind of like the Four Seasons Sydney which is over 500 rooms and struggles to deliver 5-star service.
Yeah...I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully the put out the details and time frame of the renovations.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 6:19 pm

Received a luxury suite for DSU. Furniture and style is not my taste, but also not so important for me. Condition of the suite and especially quality of housekeeping at this hotel is a disaster. They only roughly clean areas that are visible, if look into detail you'll find everywhere something.
The manager said they will improve, it got a little bit better but definitely not what you expect from a Park Hyatt.
Even the Regencies in Europe had been more accurate with housekeeping than this property

In my opinion, this is the worst Park Hyatt.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by afa340
Received a luxury suite for DSU. Furniture and style is not my taste, but also not so important for me. Condition of the suite and especially quality of housekeeping at this hotel is a disaster. They only roughly clean areas that are visible, if look into detail you'll find everywhere something.
The manager said they will improve, it got a little bit better but definitely not what you expect from a Park Hyatt.
Even the Regencies in Europe had been more accurate with housekeeping than this property

In my opinion, this is the worst Park Hyatt.
I've heard the same with the HR Toronto. Fingers crossed that it isn't this way in September when bringing my family for a week's stay.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:17 am

Will be arriving in the HR Toronto today. If anything occurs I will keep you updated. Nevertheless, my expectations are quite low and I only have to pay 95 CAD due to a BRG so that should be ok.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:53 am

I can't help but think you guys are worrying unnecessarily. While the PH Toronto is not up to the normal PH standard due to some issues with the age of its hard product, it is still a fine hotel. As long as you are staying there at a reasonable price I wouldn't be concerned at all.

The north tower is much better than the South tower.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by afa340
Will be arriving in the HR Toronto today. If anything occurs I will keep you updated. Nevertheless, my expectations are quite low and I only have to pay 95 CAD due to a BRG so that should be ok.
haha I'd stay there for 95 CAD too but best of luck and hope everything goes well at HR Toronto.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by BobR
The north tower is much better than the South tower.
That is putting it lightly. I would walk if asked to stay in the South tower. The only benefit of the South tower is the rooftop bar
Old Mar 12, 2015, 6:44 am

Service can be hit and miss. I never had a Park Hyatt before where I had to carry the bag by myself to the room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.