Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by NickW
Also, one would not do well to underestimate how far it is from the Hyatt to the Oedo line entrance even. I would definitely not be looking to save the $8 (or whatever it would be) vs the cab to Hamamatsucho.
+1. Cab it.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Also, one would not do well to underestimate how far it is from the Hyatt to the Oedo line entrance even. I would definitely not be looking to save the $8 (or whatever it would be) vs the cab to Hamamatsucho.
Thanks, I'd forgotten that the Oedo line is much further than entrance to the Hibiya line.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by txflyer77
Thanks, I'd forgotten that the Oedo line is much further than entrance to the Hibiya line.
Having commuted to Roppongi Hills on both the Hibiya and Oedo lines, it's not something I'm ever inclined to forget
Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:05 pm

Looks like there may be some outdated info in this thread, so thought I'd get a refresher.

What's the best way to get to GHT from NRT, using N'Ex and not taking a cab or a bus? I presume I can take N'Ex and then hop on a train/subway, right?

Thanks
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:34 pm

You could transfer from the Narita Express at Tokyo Station onto the Tokyo Metro Marunouchi line, then at either Ginza or Kasumigaseki transfer onto the Hibiya line. Thence to Roppongi, after which you would walk through Roppongi Hills to the Grand Hyatt. But life's too short, no?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:13 am

Narita Express to Shibuya and then short, inexpensive taxi ride to GH.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Narita Express to Shibuya and then short, inexpensive taxi ride to GH.
You cheated! He said no taxis!

Narita Express to Shinjuku, then Oedo Line to Roppongi.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
You cheated! He said no taxis!

Narita Express to Shinjuku, then Oedo Line to Roppongi.
I didn't interpret poster's question as literally. I assumed the poster wanted to avoid taxis because of expense. A taxi ride from Shibuya to GH is not expensive.

Negotiating Shinjuku station, taking long escalators, and then walking from the Oedo line station with bags is not what I would want to do, especially if arriving off of a long international flight.

Furthermore, although the poster said no busses, I think the Limousine bus that goes directly to the hotel is the best option. This is what I would do if not pressed for time, provided that the bus schedule did not necessitate a long wait at the airport.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:10 am

I don't think I've ever transferred from from the Narita Express to the Toei Oedo line at Shinjuku.

Looking at this map of Shinjuku station, not sure I'd ever want to: http://www.jorudan.co.jp/eki/eki_新宿_kounaizu.html

For those who don't read any Japanese, the N'EX platforms are in the bottom, left-middle of the page labelled 成田エクスプレス. The Oedo subway line is on the middle, far-left of the page labelled 大江戸線.

Perhaps there's a quicker route going out of the station and coming back in?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:26 am

I don't think I've ever transferred from from the Narita Express to the Toei Oedo line at Shinjuku.

Looking at this map of Shinjuku station, not sure I'd ever want to: http://www.jorudan.co.jp/eki/eki_新宿_kounaizu.html

For those who don't read any Japanese, the N'EX platforms are in the bottom, left-middle of the page labelled 成田エクスプレス. The Oedo subway line is on the middle, far-left of the page labelled 大江戸線.

It's definitely a lot of trouble that could be obviated by spending ten more dollars or so on a taxi from Shibuya.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

I have walked many times from the Oedo gates to the JR gates at Shinjuku, if you know the station well and have no luggage it is fairly straightforward. Those are two pretty big ifs.

Maybe the best way excluding taxis would be to take the Keisei Skyliner to Ueno and change to the Hibiya line to Roppongi. It is less of a walk than Shinjuku, but I would not classify it as an easy change either.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 9:57 pm

You could transfer from the Narita Express at Tokyo Station onto the Tokyo Metro Marunouchi line, then at either Ginza or Kasumigaseki transfer onto the Hibiya line. Thence to Roppongi, after which you would walk through Roppongi Hills to the Grand Hyatt. But life's too short, no?
Is that pretty bad? I won't have luggage, so not a big deal probably
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ross0
Is that pretty bad? I won't have luggage, so not a big deal probably
If you're looking for the cheapest way, take the local JR line from Narita to Shinbashi. It's about a 45 minute walk from there.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
If you're looking for the cheapest way, take the local JR line from Narita to Shinbashi. It's about a 45 minute walk from there.
Thanks. Planning on taking the N'ex, and as looking to avoid dealing with a cab or a bus.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by Ross0
Thanks. Planning on taking the N'ex, and as looking to avoid dealing with a cab or a bus.
If you don't have bags, connecting to the Oedo line or Hibiya line somewhere would not necessarily be a bad idea.

However, going to Shibuya and then taking a sort, inexpensive taxi ride is the best way to go. There is also a bus that goes to Roppongi Hills from Shibuya, but it seem that for whatever reason you prefer not to use taxis or busses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.