Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2007, 11:06 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I've gotten to know one of the staff at GHT over the past several years staying there and, through our relationship, have fostered a good exchange of ideas and dialogue that they feel it's important to include FlyerTalk in these type of announcements.

Originally Posted by Tummy
That's amazing that someone at the hotel recognizes FT enough to request this type of info be posted here.
I have not been notified of a date, and neither has my contact. I do know, however, it is being designed by Super Potato, the same designer who just completed the Hyatt Regency Hakone. I will post this info when it becomes available.

Originally Posted by thesilb
Will the rennovations to the grand club be completed by May, 2007? Thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:34 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
I have a club room booked at the GHT for Jan 18-23 - will I have a problem ?
Old Jan 4, 2007, 1:49 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
From your dates, I'd say no, plus I'd give up lounge access for the full buffet at the French Kitchen in a heartbeat! I had it once before, what a spread!

Originally Posted by grumbler
I have a club room booked at the GHT for Jan 18-23 - will I have a problem ?
Old Feb 27, 2007, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Recent treatment of Diamonds.

We are off to Tokyo next week for a stay at the GH Tokyo. Can someone comment on how Diamonds are being treated? Seems like I heard we are at least getting Lounge access. All of our contacts at the Hotel have left. If someone has a contact it would be appreciated. Please PM if you have. Any additional comments appreciated. Regards
Old Feb 27, 2007, 8:45 pm

Yes. DIA's get lounge access, even if not on GC floor... you have PM!

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Seems like I heard we are at least getting Lounge access. All of our contacts at the Hotel have left. If someone has a contact it would be appreciated. Please PM if you have. Any additional comments appreciated. Regards
Old Mar 9, 2007, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Very recent observations.

We took the Airport Limousine bus from NRT. It was pretty quick this time as it only made stops to drop off at locations people had purchased for. It seems like in past it made all stops. Also. When you purchase your inbound ticket you may also at the time purchase a one day subway pass for I think 200 yen. This is versus 700 yen. Hope I am getting those numbers correct. Something my wife found out.

We were advised upon check-in that the Lounge had reduced hours not yet printed on the schedule. Be advised.

REN products were still available to us upon request. Had four bottles sitting in the room when we returned from Lounge stop.

The Lounge had a laptop with wireless internet sitting on one of its' tables. Free.

HSIA wired internet is complimentary from our Club room.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 8:26 am

Quick update from one of my contacts at GHT...

Quick update from one of my contacts at GHT... the Grand Club renovation has been pushed back due to other renovations at the restaurants in the hote... However, on a positive note, Grand Club Breakfast is now non smoking!

Other happenings... The China Room will be renovated in August and the GHT just completed turning the restaurant, "Juniper" into a Teppanyaki Restaurant "Keyakizaka".

Regarding the mobile phone service that PHT provides, I've learned that the Grand Hyatt unfortunately, at this time, will not provide this same service. I've been told that since the Park Hyatt charges on average JPY10,000 more per room night than the Grand Hyatt, they have a little bit more flexibility in this area. Though with more hotels offering this service, I'm sure the GHT will get on-board ...
Old Jun 21, 2007, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by thezipper
the GHT just completed turning the restaurant, "Juniper" into a Teppanyaki Restaurant "Keyakizaka"..
By the way I ate here last month with my family three days after it opened aand it was AWESOME. Very, very, very nice. I absolutely can recommend it. The ambiance is stellar, and the food was outrageously good. Its not cheap, though... (as always in Japan lunch is the best bargain, but still not cheap then)...
Old Jun 27, 2007, 7:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, airline free agent
Originally Posted by thesilb
By the way I ate here last month with my family three days after it opened aand it was AWESOME. Very, very, very nice. I absolutely can recommend it. The ambiance is stellar, and the food was outrageously good. Its not cheap, though... (as always in Japan lunch is the best bargain, but still not cheap then)...
I arrived at the Grand Hyatt last night (June 27) and could use some dining / nightlife recommendations, nearby preferably (either in the hotel, in the Roppongi Hills complex, or within a 20 minute walk). I am looking for any specific place where you've had a great meal. In regards to nightlife/bars, I know that Roppongi Crossings is the place to be, but again any specific recommendations? Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:42 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HSaxa
I arrived at the Grand Hyatt last night (June 27) and could use some dining / nightlife recommendations, nearby preferably (either in the hotel, in the Roppongi Hills complex, or within a 20 minute walk). I am looking for any specific place where you've had a great meal. In regards to nightlife/bars, I know that Roppongi Crossings is the place to be, but again any specific recommendations? Thanks in advance.
There are so many choices for nightlife and dining within a 20 minute walk (including inside the complex), that you should probably be more specific about what type of each you are looking for.

Inside the Roppongi Hills complex, I've liked that Malaysian/Indonesian place (which of course, I can't describe how to find, since only someone who works there can describe how to find ANYTHING at Roppongi Hills), and enjoyed drinking in the Heartland bar. But there really are a zillion other good choices and I bet you're about to hear about a bunch from some of the other posters on this forum.

Inside Roppongi proper, I like the Quest Bar but that's mainly because happy hour goes on until 10pm there.
It's hard to find too -- not on the main drag of Roppongi.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 8:05 am
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
....I've liked that Malaysian/Indonesian place (which of course, I can't describe how to find, since only someone who works there can describe how to find ANYTHING at Roppongi Hills),....
People that work there are always a good resource, but most everybody else can resort to that age old path finding technology called a ....M-A-P to find "ANYTHING" in Roppongi Hills.

Try looking at roppongihills.com

and therein under restaurants you will find the cafe being described in the prvious post at number 33 on this map:

http://www.roppongihills.com/jp/shop...map/h_b1f.html

PM me with any specific questions as I do have a more than passing familiarity with the place.

Mike
Old Jul 2, 2007, 3:10 pm

More Updates From Tokyo....

Just got a nice note from my contact at GHT, he indicated that

We are now wireless! In all guest rooms and public areas! In your room, simply connect with the LAN cable and you are provided a 24hr username and password for use in the public areas, complimentary.

Also, we will be issuing keys in a new smaller more convenient style key holder from tomorrow 7/3
Old Jul 2, 2007, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, airline free agent
Originally Posted by thezipper
Just got a nice note from my contact at GHT, he indicated that
Yup, got to use the wireless yesterday. Nice to be able to surf the web while propped up on the bed or sitting in the chair by the window. As indicated, you do need to sign up using the LAN cable first. You are then given a username / password combo to sign on to the WiFi network. Worked like a charm for me. ^

I wonder what they means by more convenient key holder?
Old Jul 2, 2007, 4:03 pm

Breakfast

Is it better to have breakfast at the Lounge (if a Diamond gets club access) or is it better to have it at a main restaurant like other non-club guests? I am wondering if the selection at the lounge is much worse than the main breakfast venue.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 9:26 pm

Great to hear the wireless works! I'm guessing if you pop by the front desk and ask they will a) be surprised you know and b) give you one if you ask.

Originally Posted by HSaxa
I wonder what they means by more convenient key holder?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.