Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Trial -- Suite upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Diamond Trial -- Suite upgrades

I've got a 60 day Diamond Trial, and I was wondering if this includes the four (or even some reduced number) of suite upgrades? They said they don't see any in my account but I'm not sure if that's because the trial just started.

Thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You will get the 4 suite upgrades a few days after starting the trial. And they can be used during the trial. When you don't qualify at the end of the 60days you will lose the unused upgrades....
Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Got it, thanks.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:22 pm

Quick question- just signed up for the Diamond Trial Offer. Hyatt.com shows the status is good till end of March 2013 and that my 3 upgrades expire 2/28/13. I'm not sure why the suite upgrades expire in Feb. Is that correct?

Also, I will have completed 16 nights by 2/28/13, should that expiration date for the suites change to 2/28/14?

Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The program year ends on 2/28. Folks who were Diamond during 2012 got four suite upgrades that expire on 2/28, which means that the suite upgrade must be confirmed on a reservation by then and cannot be changed, although you can certainly sleep in these suites after 2/28.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The program year ends on 2/28. Folks who were Diamond during 2012 got four suite upgrades that expire on 2/28, which means that the suite upgrade must be confirmed on a reservation by then and cannot be changed, although you can certainly sleep in these suites after 2/28.
Right, but I began the Diamond Trial Offer in 2013, so not sure why the suite upgrades are set to expire on 2/28. Am I missing something or did Hyatt make a mistake?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK current Diamonds have not yet received their new suite upgrades. My account just shows the number of leftovers that I haven't used yet, even though I requalified and received my new Diamond card a couple months ago.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; AA Gold
I'm also on a Diamond trial, ending February 28 (as do my 4 suite awards.) If I'm reading MSPeconomist's post correctly, I can apply these suite upgrades to stays either within the trial period or after, but in the latter case they'll only apply if I successfully complete the requirements of the trial. Correct?

Second question: If I successfully complete the trial, will I receive four more Suite upgrade awards come the beginning of the new membership year in March 2013?

Thanks.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by sspicer
Second question: If I successfully complete the trial, will I receive four more Suite upgrade awards come the beginning of the new membership year in March 2013?

Thanks.
Yes. Burn your current upgrades before the end of Feb 2013.
If you meet the Diamond trial, you'll get 4 more upgrades good through Feb 2014.

One small correction - qualification years run by calendar year. So you'll need 25 stays/50 nights 1 Jan to 31 Dec 2013 in order to be a Diamond in 2014.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I did trial in late 2012, my trial certs expire end of Feb. Since I reached my challenge I assume I'll get my new ones for 2013.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 4:51 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
I'm also on a Diamond trial, ending February 28 (as do my 4 suite awards.) If I'm reading MSPeconomist's post correctly, I can apply these suite upgrades to stays either within the trial period or after, but in the latter case they'll only apply if I successfully complete the requirements of the trial. Correct?

Thanks.

So many diamond trials? Do Hyatt need new diamond members?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:12 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
So many diamond trials? Do Hyatt need new diamond members?
I don't see many Diamonds when I stay at Hyatts - at least they don't pack the club lounges the way that Marriott and Hilton lounges are packed.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:20 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 9000 (Bold): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A551 Safari/8536.25)

Thanks.
To answer your first question, successfully applied upgrades will be valid regardless of your completion (or not) of the challenge.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Ross0
Right, but I began the Diamond Trial Offer in 2013, so not sure why the suite upgrades are set to expire on 2/28. Am I missing something or did Hyatt make a mistake?
I'm not sure anyone has answered this. Do I need to contact Hyatt about extending the expiration date of these upgrades or will I receive 4 more (good till Feb. 2/14) when I complete the challenge?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 8:32 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Ross0
I'm not sure anyone has answered this. Do I need to contact Hyatt about extending the expiration date of these upgrades or will I receive 4 more (good till Feb. 2/14) when I complete the challenge?
You should get 4 more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.