Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Can I get Diamond benefits if my spouse is Diamond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

I am a Platinum through Hyatt card and I was wondering will I get Diamond benefits when I book the award night from Chase Hyatt card if my husband is Hyatt Diamond? like upgrades, breakfast etc?
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:09 am

After the reservation is made call the Diamond line and add his GP# to the booking.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 1:49 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by soap_bubbles
I am a Platinum through Hyatt card and I was wondering will I get Diamond benefits when I book the award night from Chase Hyatt card if my husband is Hyatt Diamond? like upgrades, breakfast etc?
No. No and No.

Unless he is staying with you and presents at check in then you cannot claim the Diamond benefits. You are entitled to the Platinum benefits.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m0hamed
No. No and No.

Unless he is staying with you and presents at check in then you cannot claim the Diamond benefits. You are entitled to the Platinum benefits.
Yes he will be staying with me. So I get the Diamond benefits?
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

He will get Diamond benefits for two guests, which includes you, in the room.@:-)
Old Nov 3, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
He will get Diamond benefits for two guests, which includes you, in the room.@:-)
Yes, that is correct. You can even use your Suite Upgrade if you want it. More importantly, you will enjoy the full diamond benefits such as Late Check out, Best available room, free internet and free breakfast (club lounge access). Hope this helps
Old Nov 3, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
Definately get your "highest" legitimate benefits on the your free nights (that the two of you will be enjoying together). I would even recommend you call the diamond line to start the reservation(s) for your free nights from your account, but tell them you want to add his name to your room and ask to add his HGP account at this time also (at a minimum to the notes section). On check-in, be sure his account is on record for any incidentals (to get the 30% bump on any earned points instead of the 15% extra you earn). And if you want any charges to go to your Hyatt Visa account, you should use your "second card" - that is, if you don't already have one, get one with his name as an authorized user on your Hyatt Visa (it will be the same account number). The key thing is both your free nights and his diamond perks are non-transferable, but you can both "share" your perks when staying in the same room.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 3:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
No. No and No.

You are fully right. It's a plain "no" and "no", unless he is staying with you. But in case he is going to stay with you, I don't get the point of your question.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
Up to four as long as the room is booked for four people.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Ahhh depends... Diamond Member does not need to be present at check in. Many times I've had colleagues, friends and family check in way before I've arrived. They have received the upgraded room, access to the Regency Club. The room is under both our names, I called the hotel and explained the situation and never had a issue, I usually speak to a front desk or rooms manage, not a front desk agent.

It's best to call the hotel and see what their policy is, information on Flyer Talk is helpful but based on individual experience. There are general program rules but most the time if the situation don't seen unreasonable the hotels bend the rules.

I had a similar situation at the DC Park Hyatt. My travel partner from NYC was arriving hours earlier than me, she was platinum, me the Diamond. Called the hotel, explained the situation. At check in she presented a Platinum upgrade certificate, they refused it and gave her my Diamond upgrade and sent up the Diamond Amenity well before I arrived from San Francisco.

No. No and No.

Old Nov 4, 2012, 1:06 pm

No. No and No.

glad to know this...
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: hilton diamond, hyatt platimum,best western diamond elite
i've called ahead when my wife check in ahead of me and recieved diamond benefits
Old Nov 7, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold
Made a reservation and I had my mom check in while my flight arrived 3 hours later in HKG. They had no issues at the Grand Hyatt in HKG, she was eating in the lounge when I arrived!
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:16 pm

Programs: HH Gold, GP Diamond, ICH Plat, SPG Gold, WN A List, National Exec
I book travel for my wife using my credentials all the time. I book in my name on and add her as a +1 on the reservation. She checks in using her CC and gets all my benefits, never had an issue. I've done that with SPG, Hyatt and Hilton.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:50 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Do you get points and/or stay credit for her stays?
Originally Posted by bradj
I book travel for my wife using my credentials all the time. I book in my name on and add her as a +1 on the reservation. She checks in using her CC and gets all my benefits, never had an issue. I've done that with SPG, Hyatt and Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.