Diamond Trial -- Suite upgrades

Old Jun 9, 2013, 5:51 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by psfcfa
My apologies if this has already been asked/answered...are the diamond suite upgrades different from the credit card upgrades? I would guess so, but not sure!

I should clarify the question...just confirmed a diamond suite upgrade at Hyatt Regency Waikiki, and it came back saying "Parlor Room". Not quite sure what to expect here???
Thanks for your input!
I believe they are the same.

The HR Waikiki confirms suite upgrades into the Parlor Room (Suite) which is basically 2 rooms with one setup with a Murphy bed and a small couch. It is useful if you want some extra space or an e tra bathroom. It's not really more luxurious though. Of course with luck you could be further upgraded to one of the Penthouse suites.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Nice benefit. Especially if paired with applying with and using the free nights from a new Hyatt visa.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by dchen2
Nice benefit. Especially if paired with applying with and using the free nights from a new Hyatt visa.

Huh? You can't use these upgrade Certs to get a suite on an award stay. If you applied when you're a Diamond, your 2 free nights are in a suite anyways (with a few exceptions).
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by peteropny
If you applied when you're a Diamond, your 2 free nights are in a suite anyways (with a few exceptions).
What are the exceptions?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
What are the exceptions?
As stated in the FAQs sticky - suites not applicable at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Sydney, Maldives - Hyatt Regency Kyoto, Paris Madeleine, Tulsa, Wichita - Hyatt Santa Barbara, Key West.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 12:41 pm

Not able to upgrade at HR Maui when booked through third party site

Hi All,

I m currently doing the diamond trial and called Hyatt to find out if I can upgrade to suite when i have made a booking through third party website. They refused.

What should I be doing since the rate at Hyatt.com has gone up since I booked?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Euro3
Hi All,

I m currently doing the diamond trial and called Hyatt to find out if I can upgrade to suite when i have made a booking through third party website. They refused.

What should I be doing since the rate at Hyatt.com has gone up since I booked?
If you want a suite, then book through Hyatt.com. That's the only way.

You can still use a suite upgrade on a BRG rate, so you can try to reduce the rate in that manner.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
How long does it take for the suite upgrade certificates to appear in my account? My account reflects Diamond since yesterday after requesting Trial, but no certificates yet?

I read it's after "a few days", but I've got a stay this Sunday I would like to apply upgrade for, wondering if I will get them in time?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 5:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by booyaa
How long does it take for the suite upgrade certificates to appear in my account? My account reflects Diamond since yesterday after requesting Trial, but no certificates yet?

I read it's after "a few days", but I've got a stay this Sunday I would like to apply upgrade for, wondering if I will get them in time?
There is a good chance that they show up in the system even if they do not show up on your Hyatt.com account page. You have to call anyway to use them, so why not call now?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, IHG Diamond, GHA Titanium

Mine appeared pretty much the same time as my Diamond status (a few hours after confirming enrollment in the trial).
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by james84
Mine appeared pretty much the same time as my Diamond status (a few hours after confirming enrollment in the trial).
Gotcha. Mine showed up online after I received the "official" enrollment email for Trial
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:52 pm

So I've just went through this experience with an upcoming stay at Andaz Maui:

Will be staying there for 4 nights next week for our honeymoon (using WAILEA code) and had asked for Diamond Trial.

Called to have Diamond Suite Upgrade applied and was "confirmed" into Suite with Partial Ocean View. I then checked reservation and first email changed my rate to the suite rate (some $900+). Called in and they fixed the rate to my original rate, but then noticed Rate Type was changed to Andaz Rate instead of the WAILEA rate. Called in again and then they told me the upgraded room type was never confirmed at the hotel's end.

CS agent told me that she would have to revert my room type and rate to the original, then call the hotel to upgrade my room on their end (to Suite with Partial View using DSU). Viewing the reservation online though, would still reflect my original room type after the upgrade.

Is this how DSU works? Any insights? Thanks
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:22 am

Viewing the reservation online though, would still reflect my original room type after the upgrade.

Is this how DSU works? Any insights? Thanks
It appears that it depends on how the agent applied the upgrade but seeing the original room type BEFORE the upgrade is typical - most of mine are that way - never had a problem though.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
It appears that it depends on how the agent applied the upgrade but seeing the original room type BEFORE the upgrade is typical - most of mine are that way - never had a problem though.
Not quite sure I follow. By "BEFORE the upgrade", you meant BEFORE actually checking in?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Not quite sure I follow. By "BEFORE the upgrade", you meant BEFORE actually checking in?
I believe he means that your reservation on your account at Hyatt.com will still appear the same as it was before the suite upgrade was applied; meaning it is difficult to tell that you have actually been upgraded.

I have gotten as many as 3 'change' emails as they work through the process of getting the upgrade applied, the first is to a suite at the suite rate, and then eventually it is to the suite at the rate I originally booked.

But if I look at the reservation on Hyatt.com, it does not appear that anything has changed, until I click 'Rate Rules' which gives a very abbreviated description of the suite, actually only half of the first line of the suite description, but I know the suite descriptions from the hotel's site, so I know that the upgrade is correct.

So confirm that your rate is correct on your reservation on Hyatt.com, and then click on "Rate Rules" to see if it describes the suite. Hope that works for you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.