Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Trial -- Suite upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2013, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I signed up for a Diamond Trial for the sole purpose of using the benefits for a single stay at the Park Hyatt Tokyo, and possibly to use up the suite upgrades over the next year. But the service I received impressed me so much that I forcibly completed the challenge to stay a Diamond into 2014.

The generous benefits of the trial lured me in, and they ended up getting a lot of extra business as a result. If a hotel has confidence in the service they provide, then offering such sweeteners may not be such a bad idea.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I agree it is quite generous. Sad that I really can't use practically any of them...
Why?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
Why?
Well, unfortunately not traveling right now. And also trying to requalify for other chains first. I'm still stuck between requalifying for HH Diamond or Hyatt Diamond, leaning toward Hilton.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:46 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Well, unfortunately not traveling right now. And also trying to requalify for other chains first. I'm still stuck between requalifying for HH Diamond or Hyatt Diamond, leaning toward Hilton.
Well, just remember that as long as you reserve them, you at least have a chance of keeping them.

So pick an anniversary weekend (or anything remotely feasible) in the future and book it. If you don't go or have to change you will lose them, but as they would be lost anyway.....

Not everything has to be Hawaii or Paris...
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
Well, just remember that as long as you reserve them, you at least have a chance of keeping them.

So pick an anniversary weekend (or anything remotely feasible) in the future and book it. If you don't go or have to change you will lose them, but as they would be lost anyway.....

Not everything has to be Hawaii or Paris...
Ooo, good point. Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:54 am

How is everyone getting a free diamond trial? Last I saw this occurred last year through Visa Signature.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:40 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by terpfan101
How is everyone getting a free diamond trial? Last I saw this occurred last year through Visa Signature.
Just send an email, requesting a Diamond Trial Offer. (we requested, back in the October)

Thank you for contacting Gold Passport Customer Service. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Per your request, I have enrolled Mrs. baccarat_king in the Diamond Trial Offer. Please allow 24 hours for the system to update. She will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. However, she must complete 12 nights in 60 days to maintain Diamond membership through February of 2014. She will also receive 1000 bonus points on her first six eligible nights within 60 days, up to a maximum of 6000 bonus points.

Please let me know if I may assist you further. Thank you for your support of the Hyatt Gold Passport program.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:33 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
So I would love to do a Diamond Trial to actually be a Diamond for as long as I can be. Should I wait to start after Feb 28? or if I start now and complete it after Feb 28 will that give me Diamond status until Feb 28, 2014 or 2015?

And has anyone negotiated a rate with a mgr at a lower end Hyatt for 12 straight nights for cheap?

TIA
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:40 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by mile ho
So I would love to do a Diamond Trial to actually be a Diamond for as long as I can be. Should I wait to start after Feb 28? or if I start now and complete it after Feb 28 will that give me Diamond status until Feb 28, 2014 or 2015?

And has anyone negotiated a rate with a mgr at a lower end Hyatt for 12 straight nights for cheap?

TIA
It will be 2014 with successful completion - won't be 2015 until october or so.

12 nights is probably too short for a negotiated rate - you can try though.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:54 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Originally Posted by peteropny

12 nights is probably too short for a negotiated rate - you can try though.
Thanks so much for the quick response. One other question; is the Diamond Challenge currently limited to one per lifetime? or if I were to let it lapse could I go for it again a year later?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:58 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by mile ho
Thanks so much for the quick response. One other question; is the Diamond Challenge currently limited to one per lifetime? or if I were to let it lapse could I go for it again a year later?
It's one per lifetime.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Why do you say that? I started my trial in June 2012, and I'm good until February 2014.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
cutoff is around june
Old Jan 16, 2013, 8:19 am

Darn I wish I had known about this before having my girlfriend apply for the credit card. Could have had the two free nights in a suite and two free suite upgrade certificates! Do they let a non status member ask for the Diamond trial? Or must you be a platinum to get the trial?

Also if we were going to be staying somewhere in July, could I have her send an email in June to request the trial and receive all the benefits on our stay in July?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 8:36 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by terpfan101
Darn I wish I had known about this before having my girlfriend apply for the credit card. Could have had the two free nights in a suite and two free suite upgrade certificates! Do they let a non status member ask for the Diamond trial? Or must you be a platinum to get the trial?

Also if we were going to be staying somewhere in July, could I have her send an email in June to request the trial and receive all the benefits on our stay in July?
gotta have a certain status with another hotel group. I see in your title, you have PC Platinum. That qualifies you for the Diamond Trial.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.