Diamond Trial -- Suite upgrades

Old Jan 9, 2013, 4:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Thanks for the information in this thread. I started a Diamond trial in mid Dec 2012 and used one of the suite upgrades. I had thought the 4 I got were the ones I would get through 2013 but apparently I have to burn the remaining 3 by feb 2013 and then get another 4 after that for 2013-2014.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 5:05 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Thanks for the information in this thread. I started a Diamond trial in mid Dec 2012 and used one of the suite upgrades. I had thought the 4 I got were the ones I would get through 2013 but apparently I have to burn the remaining 3 by feb 2013 and then get another 4 after that for 2013-2014.
You do not have to burn them by Feb 2013....you have to BOOK them by that date. And if you end up making any changes, you will lose them...but better than burning them IMO.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Platinum 4MM; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Question Suites not available

I am on a Diamond Trial, as well. I'll be staying at the SFO property in a couple weeks and called to see about using a suite upgrade. The pleasant CS agent applied my (now Diamond) GP number to the reservation and then told me that there are no suites available for my stay; is this typical when attempting to use the suite upgrades?

Having four that expire by the end of February won't do me much good if I can't use them...

Thanks,
--woodstock
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's based on availability, so this depends on the property and your dates. If it matters, ask about using the suite upgrade before making a reservation or if it's refundable, try to change so that you can get a suite.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:17 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by JoeWoodstock
I am on a Diamond Trial, as well. I'll be staying at the SFO property in a couple weeks and called to see about using a suite upgrade. The pleasant CS agent applied my (now Diamond) GP number to the reservation and then told me that there are no suites available for my stay; is this typical when attempting to use the suite upgrades?

Having four that expire by the end of February won't do me much good if I can't use them...

Thanks,
--woodstock

At least something good from Hyatt. They should give the suite upgrades to regular diamond members.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
At least something good from Hyatt. They should give the suite upgrades to regular diamond members.
I don't think you'd have any more luck in getting the suite upgrade for the same dates the OP is trying. Offering Diamond trials/challenges is a legitimate business strategy to attract new customers and the fact that you don't like won't change Hyatt's approach. FWIW, I don't think there are that many diamonds to really complain about this.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum

Thanks,
--woodstock
please read post 17
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:32 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star

Thanks,
--woodstock
I think I'm 5 of 6 when trying to use the certs. Most of my uses have been last minute; only time it was denied was the Gainey Ranch HR Scottsdale. I tried booking the day of stay and the hotel was almost completely full.
I think I would have gotten the upgrade had I booked the room days earlier.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
I don't see many Diamonds when I stay at Hyatts - at least they don't pack the club lounges the way that Marriott and Hilton lounges are packed.
In my very limited Hyatt lounge experience, this is VERY true. HH lounges are overrun.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 5:45 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
It's extremely generous that Hyatt gives suite upgrades for trials. Actually, probably too generous. Can't believe people are actually complaining about details like their validity past a certain date (especially when it has already been explained that one can even use them for bookings at later dates, just has to make the booking until that date).
Old Jan 11, 2013, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I could understand Hyatt offering one or two suite upgrades as part of the Diamond Trail, but four seems like it's extremely overly generous, especially if people who fail to qualify can still use the upgrades later. It makes me wonder whether people are signing up for the Diamond Challenge for the suite upgrades and lounge access, etc. during the trial period, knowing very well that they will not qualify for Diamond under the terms of the challenge. I hope that Hyatt is very serious about enforcing a once-in-a-lifetime restriction in these cases.

ADDED DISCLOSURE: I'm saying this as someone who got comped Diamond due to SMD3, enjoyed the suite upgrades (including some that were applied to advanced reservations for future stays), and then did requalify for Diamond according to the standard rules even though Hyatt's small footprint makes this difficult for me. Hyatt has treated me very well.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 7:10 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA ExPlt
What typically qualifies one for a Hyatt Diamond Challenge?

I'm currently SPG Platinum and wondering if that generally works.

M
Old Jan 12, 2013, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Football Fan
It's extremely generous that Hyatt gives suite upgrades for trials. Actually, probably too generous. Can't believe people are actually complaining about details like their validity past a certain date (especially when it has already been explained that one can even use them for bookings at later dates, just has to make the booking until that date).
I agree it is quite generous. Sad that I really can't use practically any of them...
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:26 pm

just signed up for the trial, and over the phone the agent told me that i'll only get my suite upgrade certs not before 1st march. That shouldn't be the case right, given that my trial period ends 31st march.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by lowjhg
just signed up for the trial, and over the phone the agent told me that i'll only get my suite upgrade certs not before 1st march. That shouldn't be the case right, given that my trial period ends 31st march.
did you already start your trial?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.