Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Hotels in Japan - What is the GP diamond amenity?

Old Feb 19, 2003, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Gold Passport Diamond, SPG Platinum, NWA Gold

Hi, I am a new GP diamond.
I will stay at the Park Hyatt Tokyo and Hyatt Regency Osaka next month,
and would like to know what I can expect as a "diamond amenity".

The amenity at Century Hyatt Tokyo was a tray with chocolates, some fruits,
cookies, and bottled water.
Old Feb 19, 2003, 11:05 am
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
not much -- I got a fancy little box of sweets at the Park and fruit at the Osaka Regency. I am not so sure if everyone doesn't get these. No beverages or choice has ever been offered at any Japan Hyatt. I stay at most of them yearly (not the Century Tokyo)
Old Feb 19, 2003, 9:31 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
I stayed at the Park Hyatt last December. Received a box of Japanese sweet, and daily I had free continental breakfast from room service.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 5:22 am

I also got the sweets today at the PH Tokyo...I just love it here!

Tim
Old Feb 21, 2003, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Thanks trd, CGK, Tim2008!

I always get the sweets and a welcome letter (card) from the GM at Park Hyatt Tokyo.
However, I am receiving these sweets since I was a just gold/platinum, so I thought
this is not a "diamond amenity". Sometimes I get also a "HERMES" bath soap in a PHT
signature wooden box.

Old Feb 22, 2003, 8:49 am

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
Usually get a packet of rice crackers or chocolates at Tokyo, and chocolate at Fukuoka.

Generally have never gotten any amenity other than a basket of fruit at Asian hotels outside of Japan, but on my most recent stay in BKK, I got a large box of biscuits from the Erawan bakery one night and a box of chocolates another night, both with signed notes from the GM thanking me for my repeat business.
Old Dec 26, 2003, 10:02 am

Am staying at the GHT right now. Had read about the French wine and the box of chocolate that other Diamond members have received in the past... I asked the hotel staff about this and was told that they recently changed the policy and the diamond amenity now consists of only 3 oranges
Old Dec 26, 2003, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by domirule:
Am staying at the GHT right now. Had read about the French wine and the box of chocolate that other Diamond members have received in the past... I asked the hotel staff about this and was told that they recently changed the policy and the diamond amenity now consists of only 3 oranges </font>
Did you get any breakfast at all ?

they should give the Warm House Apples, or Warm House Strawberries, instead of oranges. Those apples in Japan is HUGE and unbelievably delicious. And the strawberries ! They usually available around X'mas and are even sold around street corners everywhere. Cannot even describe how good they are.

Old Dec 26, 2003, 2:18 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by water7:
Hi, I am a new GP diamond.
I will stay at the Park Hyatt Tokyo and Hyatt Regency Osaka next month,
and would like to know what I can expect as a "diamond amenity".

The amenity at Century Hyatt Tokyo was a tray with chocolates, some fruits,
cookies, and bottled water.
</font>
GH Tokyo - Nada... They didn't even send me to the Exec Lounge to check-in.

HR Osaka - Lots of little goodies every day... fruit in my room day 1, chocolates day 2, cookies day 3. The RC lounge there is very nice with an evening view of the fireworks at Universal Studios Japan
Old Dec 26, 2003, 7:19 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Happy:
Did you get any breakfast at all ?

they should give the Warm House Apples, or Warm House Strawberries, instead of oranges. Those apples in Japan is HUGE and unbelievably delicious. And the strawberries ! They usually available around X'mas and are even sold around street corners everywhere. Cannot even describe how good they are.

</font>
Yeah, breakfast at the Grand Club...

This was my experience as GP Diamond for my 3-day stay at the GHT:

1) Checked in at around 4 PM. The receptionist did not mention anything about checking-in at the Grand Club.

2) Receptionist offered breakfast at and usage of the Grand Club.

3) No mention of the Nagomi Spa. When I asked, she said that the policy was recently changed and that Diamond members now have to pay 2000 Yen to access the spa. I doubled checked with the Grand Club staff and they said I was misinformed. Diamond members still have free access to the spa.

4) Diamond amenity: as mentioned, only received 3 small oranges. I had thought that the oranges were standard gifts for all the rooms so I inquired where my Diamond amenity was. After the 3rd inquiry (2 days after I checked in), finally received a response in writing saying that the oranges were indeed the Diamond amenity. They then explained the policy change but I'm still somewhat skeptical because the receptionist had also told me about the 2000 yen spa fee due to a "recent policy change."

5) Requested late check-out and was given until 3 PM due to Diamond Status.

It's been a really pleasant stay, but I was a little disappointed because I had very high expectations for this hotel and the small problems mentioned above tainted my experience a bit...

[This message has been edited by domirule (edited Dec 26, 2003).]
Old Dec 26, 2003, 10:50 pm

Location: Lahaina,HI USA AA PLT 9 Million Miles+, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz No. 1 Club Gold, Starwood Platinum,OnePass Gold Elite,+++
Stayed at the Century Hyatt and got a nice bottle of Sake and a small bottle of Scotch.

Also some chocolates and fruit.

I really love the Park Hyatt Tokyo, but the Century Hyatt treats us so well...
Old Dec 27, 2003, 9:50 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RayinMaui:
Stayed at the Century Hyatt and got a nice bottle of Sake and a small bottle of Scotch.

Also some chocolates and fruit.

I really love the Park Hyatt Tokyo, but the Century Hyatt treats us so well...
</font>
Agree!
The Century Hyatt Tokyo really treats diamonds well.
I always receive RC upgrades without asking, the diamond amenity is great, evening snacks (beer and cocktail also complimentary) and breakfast are nice. Since late-checkout is a guaranteed perk for RC guests, I always receive 3pm checkout.
Here is an easy way to check that your diamond status is in the hotel's computer. When checking in, see the code for "VIP" printed on your registration form. If the code is 56, this means diamond. If 50, this means just GP Gold/Platinum.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 6:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
just checked in to the GHT yesterday and here's my experience so far:

- arrived around 1 pm, front desk was quite full, so went straight to 10th floor GC to check in

- was told no rooms available and need to wait for 45 mins, but we really want to freshen up after the Shinkansen ride from Kyoto and didn't wanna waste 45 mins waiting; then they after a few mins found us a high floor odd number room; asked whether even number rooms available, was told if even number, only low 7th floor available; took the high floor one

- asked about late check-out for the day of departure, plane leaving 6:30 pm from Narita and want to leave hotel around 3 pm; was told it's very full and they could extend the check-out time from noon to only 1 pm for me; don't always understand this, if they are so strict about check-out time (even for Diamond it's 1 pm only, I guess for normal guests it's strictly noon?), then why there's no room available at all when I arrived at 1:15 pm? (ok, I understand the normal check-in time is 3 pm, but still, I just need one room, not the whole hotel...)

- the room itself is quite good; while a normal guest room (I guess), I think the size is quite decent, and the bathroom is really good, and free 100M broadband access; in general very satisfied with the room itself

- although an odd-numbered room, we still get quite a good view of the Tokyo Tower from our room

- no "Diamond amenities" whatsoever in the room that I could find, only one bottle of VOSS water. I remember people mentioned that there should be 3 oranges and 2 bottles of VOSS water? Should I ask for another bottle? Are the VOSS water replenished daily? otherwise, no free daily bottled water in the room?

- spent the rest of the day in the city and didn't come back for the happy hour; but went to the lounge afterwards, coffee/tea, juice, soft drinks, chocolates, cookies, cakes were still being offered there for self-service; only a few people in the lounge; orange juice served are not freshly squeezed (unlike those at GH HK, Beijing, Shanghai)

- breakfast served at the lounge from 6:30 - 10 am; went to the lounge around 9:15 this morning for breakfast, it's all full, went on the waitlist and was told we would be called in our room when table ready (4-5 room numbers ahead of ours in the list, all on the 11th floor, so 11th should be one of the GC floors)

- went back to the room, waited for ~20-30 mins, got a call from GC, told still no table available; asked to go down to 1st floor restaurant Fiorentina for a complimentary continental breakfast; it was ok but not too impressive; will try the GC one tomorrow morning and compare
Old Dec 30, 2003, 5:44 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tedhl:

- no "Diamond amenities" whatsoever in the room that I could find, only one bottle of VOSS water. I remember people mentioned that there should be 3 oranges and 2 bottles of VOSS water? Should I ask for another bottle? Are the VOSS water replenished daily? otherwise, no free daily bottled water in the room?
</font>
You get 1 new bottle everyday. I also read about the 2 bottles but only received 1/day.
Old Dec 30, 2003, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by domirule:
You get 1 new bottle everyday. I also read about the 2 bottles but only received 1/day.</font>
When it first opened, I got 2 bottles a day. Afterwards, only 1 new bottle. On the flipside, first time there, I didn't get a refill on the Ren toiletries, subsequent times I have, so go figure.

As for Diamond amenities in Japan, I've never ever received anything that I wouldn't have received anyway when I was Plat (e.g. chocolates, fruit, bottle of wine, etc.) I never asked, either, I really don't care and I'm not that petty. I do appreciate, however, the free breakfast and access to the spa, both at the GHT and the PHT.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.