Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Valencia CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2003, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, United Premier

Considering staying here when taking my son to Magic Mountain this summer. Anyone stay here recently? How are the rooms, service, etc.? Thanks.
Old Apr 10, 2003, 11:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
We'll be staying there for a night in a little over a week. I've seen it from the outside and it looks very nice. Walking distance to many shops and restaurants. I'm told no Regency Club, however. Valencia is a very nice town, and we're looking forward to checking the Hyatt out. Will try to remember to post back here for you, if you don't get feedback from others in the meantime.
Old Apr 11, 2003, 1:45 pm

Programs: A Program or Two
I've stayed at this hotel several times and have been very happy with it. The restaurant downstairs is pretty good, and there are plenty of other options across the street at the shopping center. If you like Italian, I recommend Sisley, which is in the center across the street from the hotel. Have fun!
Old Apr 13, 2003, 10:52 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Gold Passport Diamond, Starwood Gold, Leaders Club
You can't go wrong with this property! My wife and I have stayed there 6-7 times on weekend getaways. Rooms are beautiful (request a golf course view), service is adequate-to-good, and their Vines restaurant is literally the only fine dining in the Santa Clarita Valley. Room service is very good also, and quite reasonably priced. Be sure to check out the outdoor fireplace in the evening!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by royster747:
Considering staying here when taking my son to Magic Mountain this summer. Anyone stay here recently? How are the rooms, service, etc.? Thanks.</font>
Old Sep 17, 2003, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Burbank is my favorite airport in Southern California (excluding San Diego) and there are numerous car rental options on the premises. You will save at least a half hour vs. LAX (where all rentals are at distant off airport locations) and rates are usually comparable.

Alas, there are no nearby Hyatts, but rooms can often be obtained for $48-51 via priceline at the Burbank Hilton.

I would not recommend the drive from Valencia to Burbank unless you are planning to drive between 9pm-5am.
Old Dec 12, 2003, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Marriott Plat
1. Not a Regency.
2. Rooms are average (a bit small) for the Hyatt chain.
3. Great location for trips to Magic Mountain.

Santa Monica/BH is about 30miles, or anywhere from 30-90 minutes depending on traffic and day.

But I'll defer to the post below for more details, PTahCha?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 777 global mile hound:
Good reports on this thread
Anybody know how far Santa Monica or Beverly Hills are from this property in minutes or miles ?
Not the kind you redeem either
Thank you
</font>
[This message has been edited by danpic (edited Dec 12, 2003).]
Old Dec 12, 2003, 2:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 777 global mile hound:
Good reports on this thread
Anybody know how far Santa Monica or Beverly Hills are from this property in minutes or miles ?
Not the kind you redeem either
Thank you

</font>
This is a nice property, and probably the best hotel (and restaurant) in the area (the next runner up is probably the Hilton Garden Inn, which is bleah IMHO). The Vines restaurant is fantastic, as me and sig other have dined there quite frequently - continental gourmet but not pretentious. The Sunday Brunch is the best in the area. Ask for Isabelle to be your server if you're there for dinner.

Santa Monica and BH are about 30-40 minutes away, pending on traffic on 405.

edited for speeling errors

[This message has been edited by PTahCha (edited Dec 12, 2003).]
Old Dec 17, 2003, 2:42 pm

I have never stayed there, as I live only 3 miles away. Though one thing I know is that the parking is free, which is hard to find these days.

I will vouch highly for the area. It is right across the street from Valencia Town Center (www.valenciatowncenter.com). This includes Town Center Drive that is great for strolling, browsing and has a 12-screen theater. Also includes Town Center mall which is an average mall.

If you're into sushi, I highly recommend Maru Sushi on Town Center Drive -- it rivals some of the best in LA.

Please post back if you have any specific questions. Enjoy!
Old Jan 13, 2005, 12:27 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Had a meeting in the San Fernando Valley yesterday so decided to give the Hyatt Valencia a try. MUCH newer and better appointed than either of the other two Hyatts I've stayed at in the Los Angeles area (West Hollywood and Downtown). No Regency Club, but I was given a spacious corner room with mountain views. Wireless internet is available for $9.95 a day and there's ample free parking in the garage.

The best part? The Hyatt is the only 3-star hotel in Valencia, so it's easy to get it on Priceline---just select "Valencia/Santa Clarita/Newhall" and "3-star". I paid $59 + PL taxes and fees as opposed to the $129 Hyatt.com rate.

Most of the SF Valley is only a 15-20 minute drive away from Valencia via the 5 and 405 freeways, but the rest of LA can take much longer to reach if there's traffic in the Sepulveda Pass. This morning it took me a good hour and a half to get to LAX, which was a pain.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 3:37 pm

Programs: "I COME FROM Des Moines. Somebody had to." -- Bill Bryson
A trip to Santa Clarita wouldn't be complete without a stop at Tommies Hamburgers on Lyon's Ave. Great greasy burgers smothered in chili. ^

Of course I wouldn't recommend taking this fod back to the Hyatt.

Tommie's Hamburgers
22950 Lyons Avenue, Newhall, CA 91321
Old Nov 12, 2005, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Just had a one night stay there last night. When I checked in around 10:45PM I was given a spacious corner suite ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ that was assigned in advance because the keys were and the paperwork were ready ^ ^ ^ . After having a look at a the floor plan it seems that I was given one of the two or three suites. The number was 234.

It was late in the evening but I hadn't done my emails yet. The hotel does not use T-Mobile but rather their own provider .

There is a Borders on the other side of the street but they closed at 11:00PM. I was thinking of having couple of drinks and some finger food at the BJ's but it was too crowded on Friday evening.

I had a quick breakfast in the morning and the waiter came when I had halfway through my BF to find out what I would like to drink. My hot tea didn't arrive before I had finished my breakfast. (As a matter of fact I don't know if it arrived at all)
Old Aug 31, 2009, 11:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Self parking is free in the garage. Also, Diamond members receive breakfast vouchers.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:20 pm

Programs: Mlife Plat,Total Rewards Diamond, UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents C
Just stayed at this property.

Check-in agent was very friendly and recognized diamond status right away ^

Chose welcome ammenity from the menu (sprite and cookies). ^ Was given a breakfast coupon for "any entree plus a beverage." ^

Room was nice enough but no upgrade

View was of the garden, nice ^

After an hour welcome ammenity didn't arrive so I called. Front desk said it went to the wrong room and they were sending it just then. Said I think I may have written the wrong room number down on the form, but the agent said not to worry and it was on its way. ^

Bed was very comfortable. ^ Wireless internet worked fine and did not show up on the bill ^

Parking in the garage was free ^

Breakfast was very tasty (classic benedict.) ^

Server at breakfast forgot about my juice until my food came, then got grapefruit and cranberry mixed up

Overall a good stay. Having just switched over from Hilton this was fantastic by comparison!

Pics:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=f462a9b65b
Old Jun 6, 2010, 10:07 pm

Programs: Hilton gold
Checked in yesterday. FD was very pleasant mentioned Diamond status right away. Was given an upgrade to a nice corner suite #231 ^ Breakfast in Vines was good full breakfast. Liked the fact that the property is part of the mall. Plenty of choices for restaurants within walking distance.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 11:56 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Have stayed here a couple of times lately, and staff is great. Breakfast very good. Parking free. Close to shopping, movies and dinner -- what's not to like?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.