Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Valencia CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Valencia CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2016, 3:41 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by sunalsorises
Had 2 stays last week. Breakfast vouchers for buffet. Had to ask to have the breakfast charges removed at checkout both times. Gratuities are not included for breakfast per the front desk rep.
Gratuity should be included for Diamonds as per t&c
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: OZ, AA, Hyatt, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Gratuity should be included for Diamonds as per t&c
I mentioned that upon checkout. Agent replied that their hotel does not participate. Did not want to argue and ruin vacation mood over $10.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
I mentioned that upon checkout. Agent replied that their hotel does not participate. Did not want to argue and ruin vacation mood over $10.
T&C are very clear, so there is no need to argue. I just write "Diamond" on the tip line and the restaurant and the FD will sort it out.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
+1

Annoying when the property doesn't follow the rule, but I'm not going to stiff my server. If the choice is between hotel being cheap and me being cheap, I'll let the hotel take the low road.

Originally Posted by JackE
T&C are very clear, so there is no need to argue. I just write "Diamond" on the tip line and the restaurant and the FD will sort it out.
At properties like this one, where they don't follow the rule, that likely translates to "no tip."

Last edited by Kacee; Aug 24, 2016 at 9:35 am
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
+1

At properties like this one, where they don't follow the rule, that likely translates to "no tip."
I think it is more likely the FDA was misinformed. It's very, very clear in the T&C. And it would be very, very easy for the server to contact Corporate to straighten it out.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:31 am
formerly a193991

I know it's not the right thread, but since Diamond Breakfast and Gratuity is mentioned here....

Does anyone know, if the waiters actually GET the gratuity which is included? I sometimes left cash gratuity to be sure...
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:39 am

I know it's not the right thread, but since Diamond Breakfast and Gratuity is mentioned here....

Does anyone know, if the waiters actually GET the gratuity which is included? I sometimes left cash gratuity to be sure...
Here's the way I look at it. Many Diamonds rely on the T&C, thereby don't re-tip. If the property cheats the servers by not covering the tip, they would open themselves to a lawsuit. The facts are so cut-and-dried, the property would pay a steep price for stiffing the wait staff.

If you leave a cash tip, that's fine. Just be aware the server is likely to end up with double tips.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: La Quinta Elite IHGSPIRE HH Diamond BW Diamond Hyatt Diamond
I write my name, room number, and "Diamond". At the LAX HYATT the waiter told me that they add 18% as a tip for themselves if you are Diamond.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:05 pm

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
Originally Posted by JackE
The formerly free parking is now $10/night.
Just experienced it first hand, but it was waived due to "Diamond" status.

This is an unwelcome change. But not shocking due to the trend of hotels and airlines to convert "free" items into additional revenue streams. At least it will be billed to room (even though it is a third party structure), so hopefully it will be waived on award stays for "Globalists" after 3/1...
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:04 pm
formerly a193991

Post #56 is from 3 Jun 16 re the parking fee... I stayed in Ocober 16 and there was no charge. The entry to the garage was open, there was no way that anybody from the hotel would have know if I'm using the garage or not.
No charge for me (I was also not asked upon check-in).
Old Feb 7, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
Post #56 is from 3 Jun 16 re the parking fee... I stayed in Ocober 16 and there was no charge. The entry to the garage was open, there was no way that anybody from the hotel would have know if I'm using the garage or not.
No charge for me (I was also not asked upon check-in).
They asked at the front desk if I parked in the structure next door. Correct - the entry is open and no gate. They have some threatening language on the garage about 24 hour parking and charge (for overnight parking), but not sure if it is enforced or not. They do have a lot of the parking area now on first and second levels designated as 90 minute parking only for specific businesses in the shopping strip area.

It all could be a deterrent, so guess we will not know if it is enforced or not until someone on here tries to park overnight without a permit and gets towed.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:56 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Stayed in Dec '16 and received one time curtesy free parking for being Diamond after I commented it was free last Christmas! Apparently free parking went away starting Nov '16.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:03 pm
formerly a193991

Had a great stay here Oct 7 to 10. Booked 3 rooms, 3 nights each. We had registered 2 cars at the FD.
  • parking was not charged
  • free breakfast buffet for all 6 people using provided vouchers. Any type of eggs could be ordered with the waiter. As reported already in this thread, not everyone is aware that gratuity is included for Globalists as per T&C. Service was sometimes slow.
  • very nice and friendly staff.
  • no upgrades provided. Did check availability upon checking in, and 1st night was fully booked.
Recommend this hotel.

Last edited by 59Impala; Oct 28, 2019 at 12:05 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Any recent experiences here? It looks appealing but some reviews on the Hyatt website seem like it’s less than desirable. I’d like to stay here because it’s a Cat 2 as opposed to almost all other non Hyatt Place Hyatts in SoCal.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Completed a quick stay for wedding in area. I was given a very large suite, 2 bathrooms, large dining table, etc. Due to covid, closed hot tub, gym and restaurant only has take out options. As globalist, early check in and 4pm checkout, free self parking ($15) and free breakfast on anything on menu. ($15-$20). Only minor detail and my pet peeve, overly complicated shower faucets. Hotel is kept in good condition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.