Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Incheon, Korea REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Incheon, Korea REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2008, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Shuttle Pick-Up point location changed !!

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K

TRANSPORT...I learned that Hyatt has its own bus which picks up and drops off at door 12 of the arrivals level... The Hyatt bus pulls up right in front...
It used to be at Door 13. Guess where they relocated to?

Door 1 !!

Its a loooooong walk from one end (where I exited, Gate F, where most Star Alliance flights are) to the other (where most Skyteam partners are). It probably is because that the hotel is a hotspot for KE pilots on transit here and that the hotel is actually owned by KAL Holdings !

But still I asked why the hotel couldn't arrange for 2 pick-up/drop-off points considering the size of the airport! Door 13 is still used by the other airport hotel shuttle service, the Best Western. Couldn't they share both pick-up/drop-off points?

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Dec 11, 2008 at 9:44 am
Old Dec 11, 2008, 7:45 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
I agree - it is a long walk to door 1, I did it last week. One good thing about this pickup spot (not sure if the last spot had it too - last week was my first time at this hotel) is that there is a sign outside with the hotel's name and the Hyatt logo. That way, you know with certainty you are at the correct pickup locations.

Many airports have generic signs ("hotel shuttles") and one never knows whether he's in the right spot for his hotel shuttle.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
That aside.... just as I was about to get into bed at 130am... I noticed a drop of something 'red' on the bed. Okay, brave me, rubbed it and sniffed.

It's blood ! And it ain't mine - or at least I've checked everywhere I can...!

Called the hotel front office and within 10 mins, housekeeping and duty manager here! They wanted to move me to another room, but I cannot be bothered since I am checking out in like 7 hours. I just asked them to change the sheets .... while I disinfected my finger !

Now where's that bottle of Dettol ?
Old Dec 12, 2008, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
That aside.... just as I was about to get into bed at 130am... I noticed a drop of something 'red' on the bed. Okay, brave me, rubbed it and sniffed.

It's blood ! And it ain't mine - or at least I've checked everywhere I can...!

Called the hotel front office and within 10 mins, housekeeping and duty manager here! They wanted to move me to another room, but I cannot be bothered since I am checking out in like 7 hours. I just asked them to change the sheets .... while I disinfected my finger !

Now where's that bottle of Dettol ?
What does blood smell like? I know what mine tastes like (it tastes metallic), but I don't recall it smelling of anything.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by thezipper
Just an FYI... I've been here a few times over the past year and just found out this little tidbit.

Was walking down the hallway and noticed a door tag that read "Gold Passport Morning Beverage"... well I've gotten this with turndown at GH Tokyo, HR Osaka, GH Taiwai, etc. but never at HR Incheon. I walked down to the Club and asked how I am suppose to get one and they replied "oh, we give them out when you check-in"... As I mentioned, I was here as recently as last month and never got one, even as a Diamond!

Make sure you ask if you don't get one!

As a Diamond what was your upgrade (if any) from booked room level. I'll be there next month and wonder if its worthwhile just booking the 21% discounted Club level rate or taking a regular room on that promo rate and hope for an upgrade...which I know is not necessarily a Diamond benefit in this part of the world. (I'll try to remember to ask for the beverage door hanger if I'm not given one at check-in.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 6:06 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
Originally Posted by Shareholder
As a Diamond what was your upgrade (if any) from booked room level. I'll be there next month and wonder if its worthwhile just booking the 21% discounted Club level rate or taking a regular room on that promo rate and hope for an upgrade...which I know is not necessarily a Diamond benefit in this part of the world. (I'll try to remember to ask for the beverage door hanger if I'm not given one at check-in.
Book regular room with corporate rate.Upgrade to Regency club.The room is ready for me.Diamond welcome amenity are on the table.Got morning beverage card when check in.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 9:54 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by irwin8417
Book regular room with corporate rate.Upgrade to Regency club.The room is ready for me.Diamond welcome amenity are on the table.Got morning beverage card when check in.
I had the same experience - booked regular room with my corporate rate, and was upgraded to a Club level room as a Diamond. Amenity (chocolates and red wine) were waiting for us in the room.
Enjoy your stay - this is a nice Hyatt!
Old Jan 4, 2009, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Stayed there year ago for a night that turned to not such a good stay. Smoking room/completely clueless front desk staff etc. Wrote a complaint and received points for the inconvenience.

IMHO the hotel is probably just fine for a short layover but wouldn't stay there for anything longer than that.

I could transfer at ICN far more often (like the airport) but prefer SIN for it due to the fact that you can be right in the city center in 20 minutes or so.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 5:01 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Staying at this property now. I got a full bottle of red wine as D amenity today instead of a half bottle last time. Great service in the exec lounge including nice champagne and sushi as usual.

I have noticed they have chaged the airport pickup points of hotel shuttle. They used to pick up from bus stop #0. But now they pick up from bus stops 3A and 13B every 20 min.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by kats
Staying at this property now. I got a full bottle of red wine as D amenity today instead of a half bottle last time. Great service in the exec lounge including nice champagne and sushi as usual.

I have noticed they have chaged the airport pickup points of hotel shuttle. They used to pick up from bus stop #0. But now they pick up from bus stops 3A and 13B every 20 min.
I have had two very good stays here this year when transiting or having an early morning departure from ICN. Staff seemed clued in and both times I received a Club level room even though I booked a basic king. Both times received a full bottle of red wine (Australian IIRC...packed it away for a dinner back home or with room service or take-in at a longer stop on my travels) and a small box of truffle chocolates. I did find the food offerings in the lounge a bit spare compared to many other lounges I've been in. Biggest issue I have is that as a STAR person the shuttle is at the other end of the terminal and a helluva walk!

Of course, I totally forgot about the GP Beverage thing both times and it was not volunteered to me at check-in. Does it still exist or is not offered on the Club floor since we have access to the lounge?
Old Aug 18, 2009, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Decided to stay there last month when I had early morning flight out of ICN and didn't want to wake up very early for getting to the airport.

Unlike the previous visit this time everything seemed to work smoothly. As a Diamond member I had been upgraded to a suite by the time I arrived. Also there was bottle of red and some chocolates waiting.

In the morning there was, however, some problems how our keys were programmed and we couldn't access the club lounge for breakfast. When I asked to speak with a manager at the front desk while our keys were reprogrammed they decided to comp restaurant breakfast for us.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 12:53 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
I had twice stay in Jan and July.The second time experience was great.The manager greeting me when check in. The front office staff is very nice,As Diamond I been upgraded to suite,not bad interior.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Biggest issue I have is that as a STAR person the shuttle is at the other end of the terminal and a helluva walk!
You can now take the hotel shuttle at 13B which is located right outside carousels for *A flights.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by kats
You can now take the hotel shuttle at 13B which is located right outside carousels for *A flights.
I arrived in ICN this afternoon with OZ. The shuttle stop is just outside exit #13. There is another stop outside between doors #2 and #3. Apparently they have moved from Door #1.

I have stayed here several times and it was actually the first time I was a bit disappointed with the food during cocktail hours. Is it just because it was the night after GH Shanghai??

Last edited by kats; Oct 15, 2009 at 12:17 am
Old Oct 28, 2009, 4:07 am

Programs: AA/EP, PC/RA
Just made a FFN res, my flight dosen't arrive until 3:30 am, and connecting flights leaves 8:30 i know its not a elite benefit, but dose the hotel offer late checkouts on request?

I've got a long layover on the return as well, i've read in the thread that the hotel offers day rates, but the info seems a bit outdated, has anyone gotten one lately?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.