Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Very Disappointed in Hyatt Diamond status so far

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Very Disappointed in Hyatt Diamond status so far

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Thanks to everyone for their insights and for Nick at Hyatt Gold Passport for offering to help. I have a couple of different Hyatt stays from Memorial Day weekend and want to give points a chance to post before I contact GP to rectify existing issues.
1. Sorry to hear that I am not alone with bonus points posting.
2. On the suite upgrade from my 4 available with a paid stay-the bookings for conference that I am attending has resulted in the hotel being sold out during the conference. However, I am arriving 2 days early on a weekend where there is plenty of suite availability from junior suites on up at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. I would gladly use one of my 4 upgrades for the 2 pre-conference nights and then move, which I will address with Nick/Hyatt GP.
3. for Kauai, I am not going in high season, and there is a garden suite available for the first night of our anniversary trip stay. There are ocean view suites available for the other nights. When I called the General Gold Passport line and asked to speak to the Diamond desk, the guy that I spoke to told me that he could handle regular and Diamond requests, and also told me that he would out me in an ocean view suite ( which was not the case, as I discovered my Club room reservation upon receiving the emailed confirmation). A second GP rep suggested switching out of the garden suite to the club room. Ouch.
4, about 50 per cent of the time that I have tried to log on to the website to make new reservations, it is down. My current reservations will allow me to sucessfully meet the Diamonf trial requirements-and i have stays booked after the trial is done-am just puzzled about whether or not to focus on Hyatt for the foreseeable future.
5. My stays thus far have been strictly in Hyatt Place and Hyatt House, although I have stays booked at 4 Hyatt Regency properties over the next 6 weeks. My Hyatt Place/Hyatt house stays have been good overall-like the new breakfast options at Hyatt Place, and we were given a nice room at the Hyatt House in King of Prussia, PA (although they could not keep up with the weekend breakfast crowd).
Hilton has been great to us over the years, but some of the recent HHonors changes have me a little nervous, and I heard such great things about Hyatt that I thought it was worth it to give them a try.
Old May 29, 2012, 8:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; United 1P; Marriott Silver; Hilton-Silver
5. My stays thus far have been strictly in Hyatt Place and Hyatt House, although I have stays booked at 4 Hyatt Regency properties over the next 6 weeks. My Hyatt Place/Hyatt house stays have been good overall-like the new breakfast options at Hyatt Place, and we were given a nice room at the Hyatt House in King of Prussia, PA (although they could not keep up with the weekend breakfast crowd).
Hilton has been great to us over the years, but some of the recent HHonors changes have me a little nervous, and I heard such great things about Hyatt that I thought it was worth it to give them a try.[/QUOTE]

Your experiences should get better at regular Hyatts. Hyatt place and hyatt house don't really showcase the chain since there aren't really any great benefits. This is similar to Courtyards, Springhill, and Residence Inns which don't get you much additional benefits at Marriott. The best treatment that i've received is internationally and typically at Park Hyatts. Breakfast each day is a great benefit also, which Marriott does not guarantee on weekends. Hyatt does have drawbacks, mainly much fewer locations and generally higher prices but I've found that I generally get better treatment at Hyatts than other chains.
Old May 29, 2012, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by kimag

Your experiences should get better at regular Hyatts. Hyatt place and hyatt house don't really showcase the chain since there aren't really any great benefits. This is similar to Courtyards, Springhill, and Residence Inns which don't get you much additional benefits at Marriott. The best treatment that i've received is internationally and typically at Park Hyatts. Breakfast each day is a great benefit also, which Marriott does not guarantee on weekends. Hyatt does have drawbacks, mainly much fewer locations and generally higher prices but I've found that I generally get better treatment at Hyatts than other chains.
+1. My experience at Hyatt Places and Hyatt Houses aren't too great either (although I never had any major complaints besides points issues). Elsewhere, I feel much more valued as a Hyatt diamond member.
Old May 30, 2012, 9:01 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

1. Correct point posting is an issue with Hyatt. Not sure why they can't correct multiplying the base room cost x5 to get the base points right consistently even.

2. Not sure when your conference is but often times the property has the entire inventory locked up and only release it very close to the time. In March I had a conference at the GH SAT, which I booked almost a year before and have been trying to apply a suite upgrade off and on without success until the day before arrival.

3. For GH Kauai, the Ocean Suite is not the entry suite which is the Garden Suite (now). Some properties are very strict about the complimentary upgrades (beyond the confirmed upgrades) and I believe that this is one of them. The upgrade inventory (I believe) is not to all suites (even the entry suite) available for sale (unlike the base room if its available for revenue is available for awards). FWIW, there is no dedicated Diamond agents (anymore), dialing the Diamond number just gets you to the front of the line.

4. Website issues has been going on for quite some time. I have not been able to verify it completely, but IMO it's some sort of a cookie issue, since sometimes when my main browser (IE) shows that it is down, switching to another browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, even AOL) works.

5. Hyatt Place / house properties do not show off the advantages of having a Diamond status at all. Hyatt Place doesn't really have any upgraded rooms for example.

It does take some time to figure out all the ins and outs of a program and while I don't really know Hilton, I've been very satisfied with Hyatt overall.
Old May 30, 2012, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by edcho
+1. My experience at Hyatt Places and Hyatt Houses aren't too great either (although I never had any major complaints besides points issues). Elsewhere, I feel much more valued as a Hyatt diamond member.
Man, there's a lot of ragging on HP's and SS's (oops, HH's!) in this thread! But how would we earn FFN's without them? Oh, right. Carry on then.
Old May 30, 2012, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13
Man, there's a lot of ragging on HP's and SS's (oops, HH's!) in this thread! But how would we earn FFN's without them? Oh, right. Carry on then.
I've actually only stayed at a HP a few times. Both not bad but I wasn't treated any differently from a regular member (or visitor) besides (sometimes) acknowledging I was a Diamond member.

I know HPs are still relatively new in the Hyatt family and have seen improvements (esp. w/ the breakfasts). They are also cheap but if there is a full service Hyatt in the same city, I'll stay at that then a HP.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Well, I had high hopes after Nick (Hyatt GP Concierge) offered to put me in touch with a Hyatt rep who would help me. The rep (Clarissa) contacted me with a couple of questions-I responded with a couple of questions. It has now been almost a week since I responded back to Clarissa, and I have yet to hear back from her with a response to the questions that I asked her.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 1:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Isn't it time to consolidate all "So disappointed with Hyatt after my comp, because I could not use my suite upgrades" threads into one major thread hidden somewhere in the archives..., especially when people complain about availability in Hawaii

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.