Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency SFO airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency SFO airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by ainternational
Since this thread is about the hotel and not the murder, I am curious if the hotel management sent an advisory / written notice to all guests? Anyone there today to report?
We got no notice and staff were tight lipped.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
We got no notice and staff were tight lipped.
Scary. I actually saw it on my FB feed this afternoon. Glad y'all are ok. Hopefully details come out as this is a hotel I frequent.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by austin_modern
Scary. I actually saw it on my FB feed this afternoon. Glad y'all are ok. Hopefully details come out as this is a hotel I frequent.
As you know, this hotel is in a pretty safe area, surrounded by offices, and not an area where you would expect violence. There was a convention of tattoo artists at the hotel yesterday and today and while I felt that most were mild mannered and polite, there were some very strange looking people there.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
As you know, this hotel is in a pretty safe area, surrounded by offices, and not an area where you would expect violence. There was a convention of tattoo artists at the hotel yesterday and today and while I felt that most were mild mannered and polite, there were some very strange looking people there.
I felt the same when the furry convention was there and the Trump rally.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by austin_modern
I felt the same when the furry convention was there and the Trump rally.
And the Anime conventions there. Great hotel but they sure can attract some out of the ordinary groups.

I forgot to mention that the hot food in the evenings is back and it was quite good last night. They had white bean soup with ham, roasted herb chicken, a salad, and some cheeses. The soup and chicken were delicious. This morning the hot dishes were oatmeal and Chinese Pork Bao. This is the 2nd time I've been stuck with this poor selection. Many people don't eat pork and many don't care for a Chinese dumpling for breakfast. I complained the last time but I guess to no avail. The seating in the Club is also awkward. Tables are set up in pairs, as for a party of 4. There are few parties of 4 in the Club. It's uncomfortable to us to just sit down next to someone. I asked that they just move the tables about 4" apart so that they give some semblance of tables for two but would work as tables for 4 also- but this to no avail either.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
And the Anime conventions there. Great hotel but they sure can attract some out of the ordinary groups.

I forgot to mention that the hot food in the evenings is back and it was quite good last night. They had white bean soup with ham, roasted herb chicken, a salad, and some cheeses. The soup and chicken were delicious. This morning the hot dishes were oatmeal and Chinese Pork Bao. This is the 2nd time I've been stuck with this poor selection. Many people don't eat pork and many don't care for a Chinese dumpling for breakfast. I complained the last time but I guess to no avail. The seating in the Club is also awkward. Tables are set up in pairs, as for a party of 4. There are few parties of 4 in the Club. It's uncomfortable to us to just sit down next to someone. I asked that they just move the tables about 4" apart so that they give some semblance of tables for two but would work as tables for 4 also- but this to no avail either.
Glad to hear it. I guess room service is back too, right?

I can't imagine how they felt they could get rid of hot food in the hotel. Unbelievable.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by ainternational
Glad to hear it. I guess room service is back too, right?

I can't imagine how they felt they could get rid of hot food in the hotel. Unbelievable.
They never got rid of hot food, but during the extensive remodel it was only offered in the bar. The hot food I was referring to was that offered in the Regency Club.

Yes, they have room service again.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I forgot to mention that the hot food in the evenings is back and it was quite good last night. They had white bean soup with ham, roasted herb chicken, a salad, and some cheeses. The soup and chicken were delicious.
Thanks for the update. Yes - this is the best evening hot food around. I wish I had taken pictures when I was there last year.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
Stayed at this property last Saturday. At checkin I was asked whether I wanted the 1k points or the amenity. I asked what the amenity was, but the staff member fiddled for 10 minutes on his screen and even went inside to ask someone but still could not tell me what it was. Mind you this was the Diamond desk. Does anyone know what it is?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by siliconflyer
Stayed at this property last Saturday. At checkin I was asked whether I wanted the 1k points or the amenity. I asked what the amenity was, but the staff member fiddled for 10 minutes on his screen and even went inside to ask someone but still could not tell me what it was. Mind you this was the Diamond desk. Does anyone know what it is?
I do.

I stayed there recently and requested the amenity since, with WoH around the corner, I'm trying to burn points instead of accumulating them. Was given a card for 3Sixty Market, or whatever it's called, on the Atrium, that was good for two items from a limited selection.

The selection was for pretzels and chips, etc. The market has wine, but those were not allowed as an amenity, as it is at the HR Orange County.

The choices were so limited I ended up returning the card to the FDA and getting points after all. Will all be moot soon.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JackE
I ended up returning the card to the FDA and getting points after all.
Did they actually post? This property had a big problem with that last year.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
We have stayed there at least once a month for many years and have very seldom had a problem, and nothing in the past year or two. Strange how it affects one but not another. The problem I have there periodically is with checking out online, which I really like. It's been hit or miss. Sometimes get the email for online checkout late morning while we are out by 8 a.m.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 9:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
We have stayed there at least once a month for many years and have very seldom had a problem, and nothing in the past year or two. Strange how it affects one but not another. The problem I have there periodically is with checking out online, which I really like. It's been hit or miss. Sometimes get the email for online checkout late morning while we are out by 8 a.m.
I had a string of like three stays where they confirmed the points amenity at check-in then never gave them to me. I recall from the thread that this was a fairly widespread issue with this property.

They may have taken extra care with you as a regular guest.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, immediately.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
It's not the best evening hot food around.

I've been staying here for a week conducting interviews. Food is improved in the louge but compared to the Hyatt Regency SF the selection is very limited.
You basically get a meat, soup, salad and cheap cheeses every night. They should at least offer a starch to go with the meat. Tonight they ran out of food 1 hour into service.

There also seems to be a lot of old people who frequent this hotel, they sit themselves down in the club, load up on food like it's an endless dinner buffet. This is why food ran out tonight. Oh well off to In and Out.

Also, food in the restaurant is ok to just plain bad... for the price and for a hotel located in the San Francisco area I feel it should be much better. The truffle oil parmesan fries were tasteless, paid $16 for a burger, I could have drove across the freeway to In and Out and paid $4 for a far superior one.

In the end I feel the renovation is great, but service lacks, food is ok to bad. My safe does not work I've called down 3 times, no one came to fix it. Called down for an extra blanket took over an hour for it to arrive. Also, when I checked into my suite, I opened the fridge and there was food left over from the pervious guest. Housekeeping does a crappy job cleaning the rooms, almost as bad as the SF Grand Hyatt.

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Thanks for the update. Yes - this is the best evening hot food around. I wish I had taken pictures when I was there last year.

Last edited by Radiant Flyer; Feb 18, 2017 at 8:27 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.