Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency SFO airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency SFO airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
I used to stay at this hotel often... it was a decent airport hotel, not any longer.

I stayed here tonight, do some work, go to bed early and hop on the airport shuttle, rather than waking up at 4:30 AM, driving to SFO, parking the car at a long term lot, jumping on a 7 AM flight... GOD I WISH I STAYED HOME.

The wifi is god awful... at times it's taken more than a 2 minutes to load a simple low bandwidth page. On top of that the Regency Club offerings were pathetic, soups, cheeses, cold salads which you could find at the local Raley's market... (Safeway offers a higher quality.) Desserts were just plain bad...

Hotel has certainly been downgraded I will not stay here again.
I can't understand what there is to complain about the Club's evening offerings as it is the most extensive of any US Hyatt property I've stayed at. It constitutes a whole meal- soup, salad (do you want a hot salad?), a hot entree, cheeses, vegetables and dip, delicious desserts. I realize that not everyone is going to enjoy the entree of the evening, but to say that the whole offering is "pathetic" seems to be unrealistic. The breakfast offering, however, does leave a lot to be desired. Concerning the wifi, there must have been some problem that could probably have been corrected by contacting the front desk and having the wireless router rebooted. I stay at this hotel at least once a month and have for 14 years and on a few occasions I have had slow internet but it has always been solved relatively quickly.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I can't understand what there is to complain about the Club's evening offerings as it is the most extensive of any US Hyatt property I've stayed at. It constitutes a whole meal- soup, salad (do you want a hot salad?), a hot entree, cheeses, vegetables and dip, delicious desserts. I realize that not everyone is going to enjoy the entree of the evening, but to say that the whole offering is "pathetic" seems to be unrealistic. The breakfast offering, however, does leave a lot to be desired. Concerning the wifi, there must have been some problem that could probably have been corrected by contacting the front desk and having the wireless router rebooted. I stay at this hotel at least once a month and have for 14 years and on a few occasions I have had slow internet but it has always been solved relatively quickly.
Agree 100%. It's hard to please everyone.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I agree. They have upgraded the food offerings in the lounge. I made a complaint in the past, but the offerings have been upgraded and one of the best domestically.

My problem with the site, they never give me an exterior facing room, and the room service food quality was bad.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I stayed here last night. I actually like the hotel. I typically avoid the clubs/lounges since they are usually crowded and grazing fests. I was actually too late for the club last night anyway.

I was happy to see the FD enforce the DIA/PLT check in line.

Knuckles is a decent bar with 30+ beers on tap, in sizes up to 34oz. (and fairly priced)

Room was fine, though a little dated. No toothpaste

Breakfast buffet is avg Hyatt buffet. I paid for it, as I just avoided the lounge completely.

There was an animee convention. On property so there were some interesting characters out and about.

My only issue was having to wait for two shuttles to the hotel, as they were full. Still not as bad as the shuttles at LAX Hilton though.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I agree. They have upgraded the food offerings in the lounge. I made a complaint in the past, but the offerings have been upgraded and one of the best domestically.

My problem with the site, they never give me an exterior facing room, and the room service food quality was bad.
When you make a reservation, indicate in remarks that you want an outside facing room. At least 50% of the rooms face outwards so it should not be a problem accommodating your request. Make the request again when you check in. All outside facing rooms are odd numbered.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 4:53 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

If you're on the Club floor, which most diamonds are, there are quite a few more rooms that face the atrium than outside since 1 (perhaps 2) sides has suites facing the bay while the atrium side has "regular" club rooms.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
When you make a reservation, indicate in remarks that you want an outside facing room. At least 50% of the rooms face outwards so it should not be a problem accommodating your request. Make the request again when you check in. All outside facing rooms are odd numbered.
I've tried that and I've requested at the front desk but I've been rejected. No big deal, I enjoyed my stay and will be staying there again if I land late or take off early.

Just an fyi, I've noticed this property could be had last minute for 125.00. Day of arrival. Day before its usually 225 or so.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 7:24 pm

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 5:06 pm
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I've tried that and I've requested at the front desk but I've been rejected. No big deal, I enjoyed my stay and will be staying there again if I land late or take off early.

Just an fyi, I've noticed this property could be had last minute for 125.00. Day of arrival. Day before its usually 225 or so.
Maybe it's because you are arriving very late at night or making the reservation at the last minute. I think most people like a room facing outside. I believe they pre-assign rooms the day before. I think a call to the Front Office manager on duty ahead of time will get you what you want.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:14 pm

Well, I regrettably have to retract my comments. When we stayed here 3 weeks ago what I described was what was offered. We are back again tonight and the hot entree is gone and was discontinued right after our last stay. That changes everything. All they had tonight was a soup which was 99% pasta with some chicken broth and a few little pieces of chicken, a spinach salad, some pita bread, some little pieces of cheese and bread, and a few cold vegs. What a disappointment. As the hotel doesn't have a full service dinner restaurant (just bar food), the Club offered at least something for those who just wanted a light meal without going to the noisy bar. Internet is at full speed, however.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
My only issue was having to wait for two shuttles to the hotel, as they were full. Still not as bad as the shuttles at LAX Hilton though.
They are supposed to roll another shuttle immediately if the first one is full. How long did you have to wait?

Well, I regrettably have to retract my comments. When we stayed here 3 weeks ago what I described was what was offered. We are back again tonight and the hot entree is gone and was discontinued right after our last stay. That changes everything. All they had tonight was a soup which was 99% pasta with some chicken broth and a few little pieces of chicken, a spinach salad, some pita bread, some little pieces of cheese and bread, and a few cold vegs. What a disappointment. As the hotel doesn't have a full service dinner restaurant (just bar food), the Club offered at least something for those who just wanted a light meal without going to the noisy bar. Internet is at full speed, however.
what the hell is going on there? They lost their GM, and only had an acting GM last year. I wonder if they found a new GM yet? It's very odd for a Hyatt property to be without a real GM. The last one did a good job and listened to us.

-David
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K
They may offer such an impressive evening selection because the hotel has no restaurant serving dinner, other than a limited menu in the Knuckles Bar and there are only two restaurants within easy walking distance (Max's and a new place that opened across the street).
As the hotel doesn't have a full service dinner restaurant (just bar food), the Club offered at least something for those who just wanted a light meal without going to the noisy bar. Internet is at full speed, however.
You keep referring to a lack of restaurant service, but Knuckles has an extensive menu, large portions of which don't really strike me as strictly bar food, and it is full service, though it is a bar.

http://sanfranciscoairport.hyatt.com...u_05142014.pdf

The "wine bar" in the atrium seems to have a menu that is far from bar food, although I can't personally claim that they're actually offering the menu that they publish on the web site, as I normally eat in Knuckles.

http://sanfranciscoairport.hyatt.com...nu05142014.pdf
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by coachron1
You keep referring to a lack of restaurant service, but Knuckles has an extensive menu, large portions of which don't really strike me as strictly bar food, and it is full service, though it is a bar.
Knuckles is a rather horrific place to eat. I stay at this hotel many times a month and at this stage you could literally not pay me to eat there.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Knuckles is a rather horrific place to eat. I stay at this hotel many times a month and at this stage you could literally not pay me to eat there.
It's certainly not very relaxing most of the time. I can see why people wouldn't like it. I enjoy the beer list and have always had good, quick service, so it works for me.

My point, though, was to dispute that the hotel doesn't have a restaurant serving more than bar food.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by coachron1
It's certainly not very relaxing most of the time. I can see why people wouldn't like it. I enjoy the beer list and have always had good, quick service, so it works for me.

My point, though, was to dispute that the hotel doesn't have a restaurant serving more than bar food.
I mentioned nothing of relaxing or not... the food is straight up awful. The beer is good, but its pretty hard to mess up something one pulls from a tap. Thats like claiming a bar is good cause they can pour you a jack and coke. Their draft list is very limited as well - with only 8-10 beers (IIRC) on the list of draft. Perhaps a little bit more but not much.

But, yes - they do serve "food" there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.