Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2014, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by armagebedar
However, they tend to disappear almost as soon as they're put out, and the fried chicken/broccoli/potato? dish is pretty awful, IMO.
Is that something with all three mixed together? I've never had that, though I do love the karaage fried chicken when that appears.

Yesterday's selection wasn't spectacular, but the family liked it well enough. The one with the roast beef-like meat in it was my favorite. After a hearty lunch at Jade Garden, it was definitely good enough for the rest of the night.

They were pretty good at replacing the food throughout the period. Probably best to get there after seven, at which point the food is still in decent supply, but people have stopped rushing for every new item that comes out.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:30 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by hailstorm
They were pretty good at replacing the food throughout the period. Probably best to get there after seven, at which point the food is still in decent supply, but people have stopped rushing for every new item that comes out.
Good tip. We arrived a little before 6 PM so we could get a decent seat in one of the sofas, but I'll suggest arriving later to my family.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
People definitely still smoke in the foyer area downstairs by the barber. Just not on holidays/weekends as much.
Don't remember if this has been posted yet, but there are now signs up in the foyer saying that, as of July 1st, 2014, the entire area is non-smoking.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 4:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
The Atrium Suite is my favorite of all of the base suites at Tokyo Hyatts...though I expect the Andaz to provide stiff competition.
Can I ask if it is possible to secure the atrium suite on a DSU, or is it just given out if it is available at check-in? It does not seem like the base level suite according to the room descriptions on the hotel's site.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Can I ask if it is possible to secure the atrium suite on a DSU, or is it just given out if it is available at check-in? It does not seem like the base level suite according to the room descriptions on the hotel's site.
At least as of last year, both Regency and Atrium Suite could be reserved with a DSU.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 6:18 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
At least as of last year, both Regency and Atrium Suite could be reserved with a DSU.
I used a DSU to secure an atrium suite several months in advance for my stay in September.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Thanks hailstorm and LM225.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
We are at the HR this week. I have awakened every morning with a backache. The bed is hard and uncomfortable. I inquired about the bed and housekeeping added a comforter between the mattress and the top sheet. Honestly, it did not help until they added a second layer which improved it somewhat.

The hotel lobby is beautiful and the hotel staff is very helpful.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Yes, these are hard mattresses, but I like my mattress little hard vs. soft and love the mattresses here... so, I'd say while on the hard side, they're not like off the charts hard.

I would imagine one could request the comforter in advance, the property is really good with special requests IMO.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canyonleo
Yes, these are hard mattresses, but I like my mattress little hard vs. soft and love the mattresses here... so, I'd say while on the hard side, they're not like off the charts hard.
More so than any other Hyatt, the Hyatt Regency Tokyo caters to the Japanese customer, which prefers harder beds (probably a leftover from the traditional way of sleeping on tatami mats) It's nice to know that there's an option for those that prefer a softer bed.

Originally Posted by canyonleo
I would imagine one could request the comforter in advance, the property is really good with special requests IMO.
They have noted my preference for REN amenities, and now include those in our room without my asking even when we are not staying in a suite. ^

However, for some reason I always have to request the wireless router.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
However, for some reason I always have to request the wireless router.
Me too, I've never had the wireless router automatically put in my room, even though other items or requests are there without my asking for them.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:32 pm
She

Suggestions for sleeping arrangements for a 2.5 year old? Hotel says they cannot provide a crib as the max age is 12 months old. Is there any way around this? He still sleeps in a crib at home...

My back up plan is to just let him sleep in the bed with us but just wanted to consider some other options if there were any
Old Dec 13, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by She
Hotel says they cannot provide a crib as the max age is 12 months old.
Seems ridiculous since they can still fall out of bed pass 12 months. Only other options I can think of:

1. DSU and request Atrium suite since it has 2 queen beds.
2. Deluxe, not standard room, will allow a rollaway.
3. Get extra comforter for a sleeping bag set up on the floor.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Would it be worth trying to use a DSU here if no suites are available / has anyone had luck applying to to secure a Club Level room? I'm going to drop to PLT by the time I visit. I had a confirmed suite but then had to change days and as of now there are no suites available.

As a PLT no guarantee I'll get upgraded to Club Level and get free breakfast (which is my main concern since there are 2 of us staying for 5 days and both of us are currently students so budgets are more limited)
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Would it be worth trying to use a DSU here if no suites are available / has anyone had luck applying to to secure a Club Level room? I'm going to drop to PLT by the time I visit. I had a confirmed suite but then had to change days and as of now there are no suites available.
Nope. This hotel is as "by the book" as it gets. If there is no suite available, then the DSU is worthless.

Also, even if you get upgraded to a club room, if you did not pay for, you will not be given club access.

Did you check each individual day of your trip? Maybe there is suite availability for a portion of your stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.