Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by fakeman
If you are arriving day time it's quite easy. But at night time the nearest few exits are closed because they are direct connected to Tokyo Government Office Building, for first time visitor they might get confused easily.
For arrival with luggage from Shinjuku station, I would just take a cab. It's not worth bothering with the shuttle bus stop if you do not know where it is already.

Alternatively, just take the limousine bus directly to the hotel from the airpot.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
For arrival with luggage from Shinjuku station, I would just take a cab. It's not worth bothering with the shuttle bus stop if you do not know where it is already.
It's not nearly as hard as finding the Park Hyatt shuttle bus. The hotel website directions are actually quite clear:

The complimentary shuttle bus for the hotel regularly between 8:10am to 9:50pm from the West Exit of Shinjuku Station in front of Odakyu Halc department store (bus stop No.35).
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

Alternatively, just take the limousine bus directly to the hotel from the airpot.
I think the shuttle is easy to find. However, with luggage and spotty elevator or escalator availability, I agree a short taxi ride may be worth it. Esp if you somehow exit from the wrong exit (which is very likely to a first timer).
Old Sep 5, 2014, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are reports of a person catching dengue fever from a mosquito bite in Shinjuku Central Park, which borders the Hyatt Regency Tokyo.

http://www.tokyohyattfan.com/2014/09...k-hyatt-tokyo/

More information on the breakout of dengue fever in Tokyo can be found in this Japan forum thread.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:54 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
I've read conflicting and/or outdated information on this, so before I contact the hotel I thought I'd ask the community first. Are there any room types that allow for three or more adults occupying the room? (i.e. by providing a rollaway bed, etc.) I believe the View King/Twin and Regency Suites allow this, but I would appreciate confirmation.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I've never done that, but the view king/twins show up when you try to make a reservation for 3 adults....
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The View Rooms and suites can accommodate three adults.

I prefer to book the cheapest room for two adults, then call in to apply a DSU, then have them add the third adult.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 1:28 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by hailstorm
The View Rooms and suites can accommodate three adults.
Thanks!

I prefer to book the cheapest room for two adults, then call in to apply a DSU, then have them add the third adult.
Unfortunately all of their suites are booked (!) for the period I'm looking at, so I'm hoping availability opens up closer to the stay.

(Even emailing the hotel itself proved fruitless... )
Old Oct 9, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Has anyone had issues at this property booking as a Diamond for someone else to stay, and yourself never showing up?

e.g. booking for my parents with an applied DSU, so basically will put down 3 people including myself but adding their names to the reservation to check in.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 9:10 pm

Just back from Tokyo. If anyone needs to know the best exit from Shinjuku stn for the HRT shuttle, it is B17. Bus stop #35 in front of Odayku dept. store.

For the PHT shuttle, I found exit A18 easiest for me (there may be a better one for the PHT, but I didn't find it).

It seems like some of the workers from the nearby govt. buildings were using the shuttle despite the HRT shuttle signage stating "for HRT guests only". Not a problem with the PHT shuttle as the driver(s) seem to recognize who is a guest and who isn't. The PHT driver saw me (on my way to Shinjuku stn after getting off from the HRT shuttle - I had to switch from PHT to HRT for my last day), recognized me and asked if I was heading back to the hotel.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by R xTravel
Just back from Tokyo. If anyone needs to know the best exit from Shinjuku stn for the HRT shuttle, it is B17. Bus stop #35 in front of Odayku dept. store.

For the PHT shuttle, I found exit A18 easiest for me (there may be a better one for the PHT, but I didn't find it).

It seems like some of the workers from the nearby govt. buildings were using the shuttle despite the HRT shuttle signage stating "for HRT guests only". Not a problem with the PHT shuttle as the driver(s) seem to recognize who is a guest and who isn't. The PHT driver saw me (on my way to Shinjuku stn after getting off from the HRT shuttle - I had to switch from PHT to HRT for my last day), recognized me and asked if I was heading back to the hotel.
THX, this was helpful. At the HRT right now
Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:27 pm

Just to confirm, there is no second guest extra fee on a points + cash stay correct?

And would I have issues checking in as the second guest and paying for the stay upon checkout?

Last edited by frudd38; Oct 17, 2014 at 8:01 pm
Old Oct 18, 2014, 4:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Not if you have made the reservation for 2 persons and are not running the scheme that the first person has the status but never shows up.....
P+C, even in Japan, should cover the max room occupancy. But since it's Japan make sure you follow the rules and make sure the number of people on the reservations matches with occupancy and all names are on the reservation.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
Not if you have made the reservation for 2 persons and are not running the scheme that the first person has the status but never shows up.....
P+C, even in Japan, should cover the max room occupancy. But since it's Japan make sure you follow the rules and make sure the number of people on the reservations matches with occupancy and all names are on the reservation.
Okay, thanks for the input. Won't be doing the diamond not checking in scheme.. just wanted to make sure C+P had no extra charges upon checkout for 2nd guest.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frudd38
Okay, thanks for the input. Won't be doing the diamond not checking in scheme.. just wanted to make sure C+P had no extra charges upon checkout for 2nd guest.
No extra charges for two people total. There would be extra charges for three.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.