Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Anyone use workingadvantage.com certs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2004, 7:30 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA

workingadvantage.com members can purchase certificates for use at Hyatts. They vary from $99 to $249, depending on the tier.

http://www.workingadvantage.com/prod...1851.433200700

The Premiere certificate level is $165/night, and many nice properties (including Park Hyatts) are on the list of eligible properties. So, I went online to check the code (HSPRN1) and book a room on random dates in February at the Stanhope Hyatt in NYC and voila! it worked. But that's NYC in February. Not exactly a busy time. So then I plugged other dates at nice properties at popular times and was told that no rates are available.

So, my question is - are these basically treated like award rooms? And, when the "rate" came up, it was without a price, so this would most certainly be handled like a Priceline stay with no points or credit.

But $165 for some of the nicest Park Hyatts might be good enough reason to utilize the certs at certain times.... I also have no idea how long it takes to receive the certs from working advantage once you buy them online.....
Old Jun 4, 2004, 7:39 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

You can also purchase the same type of certificates directly from Hyatt (Hyatt Stay Certificates), see https://www.certificates.hyatt.com/C...rts.asp?navH=1 . If you purchase directly from Hyatt, you can usually earn bonus points for the purchased certificates but do not earn any points for the stay itself. Looks like the rate is the same as quoted by you.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 5:17 pm

Certificate Codes

May somebody please post the stay certificate codes so that one may check availability? I need the code for a Choice level certificate..

----
Well, the codes aren't too hard to guess, so if anybody else is interested...
HSCHN1 - > Choice
HSPRN1 - > Premier
HSELN1 -> Elite
HSSLN1 - > Select

Last edited by TraveltheWorld; Aug 26, 2004 at 5:35 pm Reason: Include Cert Codes
Old Aug 26, 2004, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by TraveltheWorld
May somebody please post the stay certificate codes so that one may check availability? I need the code for a Choice level certificate..

Just go to the Hyatt page and click reservations, then the drop down "redeem certificates". You can also find out what the least cert. each hotel will take. Be careful, you don't use a $249 cert for a hotel that will take a $134 cert.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 5:12 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Silver, Hyatt GP Platinum, Marriott Rewards Silver
Can't find where you get points for these ...

Originally Posted by peteropny
You can also purchase the same type of certificates directly from Hyatt (Hyatt Stay Certificates), see https://www.certificates.hyatt.com/C...rts.asp?navH=1 . If you purchase directly from Hyatt, you can usually earn bonus points for the purchased certificates but do not earn any points for the stay itself. Looks like the rate is the same as quoted by you.
In the Terms and Conditions it says you don't get points for the certificate value. Is there some way you can get points for buying the certificate?

On Working Advantage they give "advantage" points for each purchase (including these certificates) good for perks anywhere from movie tix up to $25 gift cards at numerous retailers. Buy with a points/miles CC and you're triple dipping! Wheeee!

J
Old Aug 27, 2004, 6:44 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by jazzman
In the Terms and Conditions it says you don't get points for the certificate value. Is there some way you can get points for buying the certificate?
Hyatt often does a promotion (I believe the last one ended 6/30) that gives you 5 points per $ spent on certificates (these stay certificates or ones with $ amount). If you were about to buy these certificates, I'd advise checking with Hyatt first so you can make an informed decision.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 2:50 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Silver, Hyatt GP Platinum, Marriott Rewards Silver
Sweet!

Originally Posted by peteropny
Hyatt often does a promotion (I believe the last one ended 6/30) that gives you 5 points per $ spent on certificates (these stay certificates or ones with $ amount). If you were about to buy these certificates, I'd advise checking with Hyatt first so you can make an informed decision.
I was not aware of that. I will check with them before buying. These gift certificates work particularly well for me because I sometimes have to travel to tourist-heavy destinations where Priceline availability is non-existent, especially at the "last minute" but based on my research gift certificate room supply is a bit better. The Hyatts I would be using have minimum room rates of $170 after tax (and are the "Select" $99 level). That's cheaper than the 2-2.5* hotels in the area and I get points. It doesn't get much sweeter than that!
Old May 13, 2007, 12:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
hi,
does anyone know the codes for the weekend certificates?
thanks in advance
Old Jul 29, 2007, 9:15 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by tinnub
Just go to the Hyatt page and click reservations, then the drop down "redeem certificates". ...
Used to work well for me in the past to check room availability for planned cert. redemption. But it doesn't work anymore as I constantly get a red error message "please select all required information" when choosing the appropriate cert. type, the corresponding offer code (i.e. HSPRN1) together with my desired location. Maybe the offer codes have changed ?
Old Jul 29, 2007, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by ngfan
Used to work well for me in the past to check room availability for planned cert. redemption. But it doesn't work anymore as I constantly get a red error message "please select all required information" when choosing the appropriate cert. type, the corresponding offer code (i.e. HSPRN1) together with my desired location. Maybe the offer codes have changed ?

This happens from time to time. Theres another way to get around this error,try going to Hyatt.com then select redeem certs,then select find participating hotel locations and then select gift certs by type, then find the hotel you want and you should avoid this problem. I had the same problem until I found this back door.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by bbbb
This happens from time to time. Theres another way to get around this error,try going to Hyatt.com then select redeem certs,then select find participating hotel locations and then select gift certs by type, then find the hotel you want and you should avoid this problem. I had the same problem until I found this back door.
Thanks for showing me the back door ^ Looked fine at first sight but whatever travel date I choose I get Jul 29 to Jul 30 2007 in return...

Last edited by ngfan; Jul 29, 2007 at 11:25 am Reason: handling problems now with travel dates
Old Jul 29, 2007, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by ngfan
Thanks for showing me the back door ^ Looked fine at first sight but whatever travel date I choose I get Jul 29 to Jul 30 2007 in return...
Its working fine when I change the date from July 29 to the dates I want on the last page?
Old Jul 29, 2007, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by bbbb
Its working fine when I change the date from July 29 to the dates I want on the last page?
Seemed to have been a cookie thingie as with restart of my PC travel date changes are shown correctly now. Again, thanks for the hint ^
Old May 12, 2012, 11:42 pm

Programs: hyatt
are these still available?
Old May 13, 2012, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Yes...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.