Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Bellevue Hotel Philadelphia (Unbound; former Park Hyatt) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Bellevue Hotel Philadelphia (Unbound; former Park Hyatt) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:53 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
RC = Ritz Carlton, NOT Regency Club. The Bellevue was once a PH but AFAIK it was never a HR. However, it does have a tiny "secret" lounge with espresso machines, bottled water, and very light (mostly wrapped such as granola bars) snacks. As a Diamond, my key card gets me in the door, but I don't know what their access rules are.
Best Kept secret in America Ive been going since it was a Park Hyatt and then some and never heard of it or had it mentioned
Sure your not in the employee lounge?
If so you may be the most talked about guest
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Sofitel is nicer.But their guest program sucks to put it politely or Id likely be their perfect customer and spend a lot with them
The Sofitel Philadephia has a more polished hard product if we are referring to the guest room quality.
Sofitel team members some have attitudes and come off snooty and inflexible.

Hyatt Bellevue wins for me as it is Gold Passport recognition and upgrade friendly,do a great breakfast better than Sofitel typically,
has historic significance,wonderful caring front desk folks and the greatest fitness center in Philadelphia if not one of the very best in the country
For that reason when the price is competitive.I'm there
I also like the Bellevues location better and there is a Palm Restaurant in the lobby as well as easy walking distance to Capital Grill, Mortons and a host of others
I believe the Palm closed at this location sometime ago. I was there a while back and I think they mentioned it was their final week.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by ronbo83
I believe the Palm closed at this location sometime ago. I was there a while back and I think they mentioned it was their final week.
Crazy I heard they closed for remodeling
I will check it out

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/t...enovation.html

Thrilled its coming back they closed San Diego and London units

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Aug 4, 2016 at 12:40 am
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:26 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The lounge is no real secret, also mentioned on the website when you look at Club rooms......it's just not worth going to.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RTW1
The lounge is no real secret, also mentioned on the website when you look at Club rooms......it's just not worth going to.
I disagree. If you want a good coffee or some fancy sparkling mineral water, it's nice that the hotel provides it. Plus, while the room is small, it's classy in almost a British high tea sort of way. Chances are that either the "secret" lounge will be empty or there will only be a couple people talking in hushed tones.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I've only stayed here twice and both times the lounge was crowded and not much was on offer. Breakfast was some stale bagels, some yogurt and crappy coffee.

Just your average (or even below average) US lounge...
Old Aug 4, 2016, 1:04 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RTW1
I've only stayed here twice and both times the lounge was crowded and not much was on offer. Breakfast was some stale bagels, some yogurt and crappy coffee.

Just your average (or even below average) US lounge...
Oh no, you take breakfast up in the restaurant on the top floor. I didn't even know that there was any sort of breakfast in the secret lounge.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 1:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's why I tend to dislike the US properties so much :-).
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How much would the RC cost? I assume it would be even closer to your courtroom and it's generally not expensive for a RC.

I like the Hyatt at the Bellevue and I'd pick its location over the Sofitel (where I've never stayed).

The Rittenhouse is also good and in an excellent location, but it would probably be somewhat more expensive and farther from the courthouse.

Westin might be a possibility, but avoid the Sheraton and Marriott as well as the Loews and the one almost across Broad Street from the Hyatt which was a DoubleTree last time I checked.
Thanks. Rittenhouse is even more expensive than the Logan. RC and Westin are both fully booked, even though this is almost two months out. There's apparently some kind of convention going on.

This is sounding kind of like a toss-up that I just need to toss to the client: if you want nicer rooms, but a farther walk, Sofitel; if you want just ok rooms, but a shorter walk and access to a great gym, Hyatt.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:19 am

I think the Hyatt is more interesting. The rooms are a bit quirky but they're in good shape IME.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:35 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Does anyone have an email address for this hotel that actually gets answered?

Have tried both [email protected] and [email protected] and get nothing but crickets.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Best Kept secret in America Ive been going since it was a Park Hyatt and then some and never heard of it or had it mentioned
Sure your not in the employee lounge?
If so you may be the most talked about guest
Same comment -- I've stayed there 150 nights, pre and,post renovation ... Never heard of this lounge ... Sounds like someone was grazing at a setup for an event ... Breakfast is awesome upstairs
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by LM225
Does anyone have an email address for this hotel that actually gets answered?

Have tried both [email protected] and [email protected] and get nothing but crickets.

Thanks in advance!
Call the front desk, the individual managers are happy to email you
Old Oct 2, 2016, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Big quandry. Book the hotel using a free night from the Hyatt credit card, or book cash and points and get upgraded using a Diamond upgrade.

I think I made the right decision for the weekend.

Room(s) Booked: BELLEVUE SUITE

Room Description: 1 king bed: 831 sq ft: oversized bedroom: living room: breakfast table: marble foyer

Nightly Rate per Room:

100.00 US DOLLARS

Rate Information: HYATT GOLD PASSPORT POINTS PLUS CASH AWARD COMBINED W/ TIER BENEFIT SUITE UPGRADE AWARD Rate is eligible to earn points and tier credit.

Anyone know of reduced rate parking in the area? The hotel charges $35.

Thanks.

Last edited by dhammer53; Oct 2, 2016 at 9:43 pm
Old Oct 2, 2016, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by dhammer53
Big quandry. Book the hotel using a free night from the Hyatt credit card, or book cash and points and get upgraded using a Diamond upgrade.

I think I made the right decision for the weekend.

Room(s) Booked: BELLEVUE SUITE

Room Description: 1 king bed: 831 sq ft: oversized bedroom: living room: breakfast table: marble foyer

Nightly Rate per Room:

100.00 US DOLLARS

Rate Information: HYATT GOLD PASSPORT POINTS PLUS CASH AWARD COMBINED W/ TIER BENEFIT SUITE UPGRADE AWARD Rate is eligible to earn points and tier credit.

Anyone know of reduced rate parking in the area? The hotel charges $35.

Thanks.
I have found the hotel to be very Diamond friendly with suite upgrades if available so typically don't use my suite upgrades here
However if a suite is important/or a must and occupancy seems high
by all means go for it.Better to go in knowing you are confirmed
Also the ADR here is usually not justifiable to use a free night here with credit card unless capped at the Cat 4 which is what I assume you would consider redeeming
Which in that case may make sense
Parking has gotten to high in most major cities so I Fly train and Uber all over the world typically these days and rarely have or rent a car
A car is a liability these days
I sometimes rent for the day and then return it for the day if at all possible to avoid the 50/ 60 dollar daily charge is some cities especially those like Grand Hyatt NY with no in and out privileges

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Oct 2, 2016 at 10:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.