Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Lodge Oak Brook Chicago (former McDonald's campus) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2002, 1:54 pm
EPS
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver

The Hyatt Lodge At McDonald's Campus Goes Public
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/020627/272313_1.html

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus, a Prairie-style facility in a resort-like setting, will now be a public facility operated by Hyatt, announced Hyatt's Divisional Vice President Steve Sokal.</font>
"You'll never guess where I'm calling from."
Old Jun 27, 2002, 3:19 pm

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
I have been here several times for meetings. Never seen the rooms, but I really wouldn't call it a "resort-like setting". Not very impressive. Would consider it more like a Doubletree located within an office park atmosphere. It wouldn't be a bad location for a Chicago company to have a conference, but not going to draw any leisure guests at all.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 6:38 pm

Programs: USAir Chairman Preferred, AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Question Any recent experiences with the Lodge?

I'm looking for an inexpensive place to stay in the Oak Brook area while visiting relatives in November and was wondering about experiences other have had there.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 8:35 am

Programs: UA GM/Hyatt Diamond/SPG Gold/HI Plat/HHonor Gold/Delta GM
Nothing special

I have stayed there couple months ago. The hotel is almost like sleeping in an office building as some of the guest rooms actual are adjacent to hotel offices. The health club and restaurant is also utilized by the McDonald employees. I felt more like in sleeping in an office than in a hotel. The room I stayed in is very ordinary and has no view except a tree fence. It was a suite (diamond upgrade) but basically two adjoint rooms except one room has a sofa instead of a bed. I think most of the rooms don't have good view to the "nice pond" shown on the website but the lobby is pretty nice. It is very quiet at nite but not much to do. I think it would do fine if you just want to have a place to stay.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 10:31 am
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
agree with previuos poster -- it's fine, but nothing special. The breakfast was cafeteria style -- not my favorite. The room was perfectly acceptable and I had a view of the" forest". All in all I won't go out of my way to stay there, but then again if the price was right.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 9:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt - Diamond
I stayed their twice in the last month. The hotel is within walking distance of the McDonald offices, on the weekends the place is very quite. They seem to host a lot of weddings, with Hyatt employees commenting about the amount they have had this summer. The hotel is located in a forest preserve which I think is nicer than the Oak Brook Hyatt across from the mall. The rooms were ordinary but we did enjoy the health club and very large indoor pool.

Old Aug 27, 2005, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any updates on this property since its big renovation earlier this year...what are the rooms like (modern and sleek) or basic hotel style? What about the lobby, other public areas, etc.? Any new features/additions to the hotel recently?
Old Aug 27, 2005, 8:51 pm

Positive experience

Originally Posted by EPS
The Hyatt Lodge At McDonald's Campus Goes Public
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/020627/272313_1.html

"You'll never guess where I'm calling from."

I stayed there a few months ago for 3 or 4 days. It was a holiday weekend, so it was very quiet. Being a 4-day work week, they didn't have the usual McDonald's crowd who apparently train on a one-week schedule. It was sort of like being in a foreign culture.

My room overlooked the pond. It was very nice. The TV was a nice flat-panel, though not overly large. The cafe was average, but the restaurant was very good and very reasonable. They do not serve Big Macs or anything resembling that at either facility.

I've stayed at better Hyatts and at worse ones, but overall I would not hesitate to stay there again.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 4:38 pm

Do they have complimentary shuttle to ORD or downtown Chicago?
Old Sep 16, 2005, 5:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by best
Do they have complimentary shuttle to ORD or downtown Chicago?
I doubt it - it's all the way out in Oak Brook.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 7:20 pm

Their website said 11 miles from ORD. Is that correct?
How about reasonable public transportation?
Old Sep 17, 2005, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Chicago RTA Trip Planner: http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com/

The Pace 332 bus takes about an hour to get from Oakbrook Center to the train stop closest to O'Hare. But it doesn't run all day long.

http://www.pacebus.com/pdf/schedules/332sched.pdf

The Pace 747 bus takes about a half hour to get to a CTA train station, from which you can then go downtown (or actually keep on going around and end up back at O'Hare)

http://www.pacebus.com/pdf/schedules/747sched.pdf

Midway is almost impossible. If you're going on a weekday, your best option is to get your shuttlebus driver to take you to the Westmont Metra station, take a local train to the Cicero stop (Cicero Ave. & 26th St.) and then take a CTA bus south on Cicero the last 4 miles to the airport.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 7:55 pm

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
I spent last night at The McDonald Hyatt
Interesting place-walls covered with artistic renditions involving McDonalds
some strikingly bad, others quite clever-and all with the double arches, or a big mac in the foreground, etc
i had a rental car, but overheard the desk clerk mentioning a shuttle would at least take people around the area.
those arriving for their indoctrination to "Hamburger University" arrived via taxi
Old Jan 6, 2009, 3:52 am

I noticed this thread lacks recent input.

I do stay here when I can while on biz trips in the area. The staff is extremely friendly and attentive, and the rooms are definitely more spacious than average. As mentioned, they have flat screed LCD TVs, and grand beds.

I find this to be certainly better than the Hyatt Lisle which is your typical suburban off-the-highway hotel. OTOH, even if I stay at the lodge 2-3 times a year, I'm always glad to bring my GPS system, as it's not very easy to find!

Don't forget to check for bonus points, which are often offered here.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 8:06 am

Programs: Hilton-DIA, IHG-Plat Amb, Hyatt-DIA, SPG-Plat & 3 star, Marriott-Gold, Nat'l-Exec, NWA-Sil
Stayed here last year - there was talk they were going to add a club lounge - did it happen? Seemed okay, but if you want to park for free it's a little bit of a walk, especially in winter. Also - never stayed, but driven past Lisle - prefer the Lodge over Lisle?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.