Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

SFO Regency Club closed on weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2001, 12:36 am

Original Poster

As reported by 777 Global Mile Hound, in a thread in the Marriott Forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001034.html the Regency Club at the SFO Hyatt Regency is now closing on Friday after breakfast and reopens Monday morning.

I'm here at the property now, staying in an upgraded room on the RC level till Saturday morning. I wasn't offered anything at checkin, but I called the front desk and was offered an ammenity that I can use for appetizers from Scalini's and a breakfast coupon for Saturday Morning.

-David
Old Aug 31, 2001, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA1MM, *G,HA Premier Club, Hyatt Disc, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTPlat, ClubCarlson Gold, IHG PlatAmb
Ditto on the closure of Sacramento Hyatt Regency from Friday night through Monday morning. According to sources, it's due to lack of interest. (which isn't true if you happen to bring your loved ones or family to stay there on the weekends). Ohwell, what're you gonna do.

But for Diamond members, apparently you should be hooked up with a breakfast coupon, valid up to something like $7.50 but not to be used for in-room dining (your milage may vary).

Hope this helps!
Jamester
Old Sep 2, 2001, 11:53 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
My last few stays in Kansas City also reveal a Regency Club closed at weekends - WITHOUT any compensating voucher.
Old Sep 3, 2001, 5:05 am

Original Poster

Something amusing happened. I used my breakfast credit certificate for a cup of coffee at the cafe before making the obligatory stop at the front desk to make them remove the usual incorrect valet parking charge for the last night of my stay from my bill.

I didn't check the corrected bill very carefully until I was at the airport and only then did I notice that they charged me $2.25 for the cafe even though I handed them the voucher and they made me print my room number and sign my name on the voucher. Sigh.

-David
Old Sep 4, 2001, 8:29 am

The Regency Club at the Hyatt in Cambridge, MA was closed this labor day weekend. The door had M-F times posted on it.

Having never stayed at this location before I was unaware if this was a new policy or was always the case. The times posted on the door were permanent markings.

Is this common at some Hyatts?

Mike
Old Sep 6, 2001, 7:08 pm

Location: Coppell, Tx AA EXP, AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
LIH Prem -

David - I used to stay over 30 nights a year at the SFO Hyatt. Earned Diamond from that hotel and the Hyatt Regency in Chicago (on Lake St.) alone. Now I am only Platinum because I just stopped staying at the SFO Hyatt due to it's significantly lower standard of service, etc.

Even as a Diamond, I had to "ask" for the Welcoming amenity (did like the cheese/fruit plate); got a "bayside" room only about 20% of the time; got the freeway side rooms about 50% of the time. All this as a Diamond member! bah-humbug!!

Also - their room rate went from $105/night to $184/night across three years. They also instituted a parking garage FEE only a couple of years ago.

Now I am Hilton Diamond and you can guess why.

dAAvid -
Old Sep 10, 2001, 8:20 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I was upside down reading this weekend at the Grand Hyatt in New York, and noticed that on 14 September they will close their Regency Club at weekends.

Should someone start a web site with a list.
Old Sep 17, 2001, 8:08 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Since my trip to Maui was cancelled this past
week I felt the need to spend some $ to aid
the economy and send my own message to people
who think they can get us down I made
reservations at the Hyatt Regency SFO knowing
your posts. As newly minted comp. Diamond I
also needed to get some stays in. At check-
in immediately offered Diamond choice of
amenities. Told the clerk I knew Club closed
and what are you doing about it for Diamond
members. Offered two each certs. for non-
alcohol drink and snack and $10 breakfest
vouchers. Four total vouchers. Upgraded to
Bay view suite. Rate was AAA for $99 per
night. A great value. Spent some money at
Hyatt, University shopping center and
Vacaville Factory Stores.
Old Sep 20, 2001, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
It appears the Regency Club at SFO Airport Hyatt is going to be closed 7 days a week beginning Oct 1. Booking rooms, now matter what date I put in during October there are no Regency Club rooms. As the hotel is almost empty, it looks like they are closing the Club until business conditions improve.
This is sad to see and will force me to probably stay the the Marriott instead.
Old May 20, 2002, 3:49 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Sadly, this is becoming "par for the course" it appears!

Which RC's are open on weekends lately?
Thanks!
Old May 20, 2002, 8:46 pm

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
Prior to 9-11, DTC and Denver were closed on weekends. DTC closed after 9-11. I believe Denver is open!
Old May 21, 2002, 1:59 am

Original Poster

Yes, even though the hotel has been much busier lately, last time I was there (mid April) it was still closed. Unfortunate, because other than the rates you can get here and the always running GP2000 bonus, there isn't much incentive to stay here anymore. I've been staying at more Starwood properties this year.

Doc .. Waikiki, as far as I know, is open everyday.

-David

[This message has been edited by LIH Prem (edited 05-21-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.