Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 25, 2001, 8:48 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Comments, reviews, convenience to downtown ?

Thax.

------------------
Old Jan 25, 2001, 10:03 am

Absolutely fantastic. Number one rated Tokyo restaurant in Zagats.

------------------
speedbird001
Old Jan 25, 2001, 12:12 pm
Original Member

I second that opinion. We stayed for 5 nights last summer and had a fantastic stay. The pool and fitness club has an unbelievable view of Tokyo. The manager is very efficient but we had a few issues with the concierge staff giving us incorrect directions. They made up for it by giving us a free dinner in the New York Grill (a must). You must try a steak there, but be prepared to pay $100 a head (minimum).
They have a shuttle to the subway station that runs until 8 pm. They also got us reservations and special treatment at Chef Sakhai's french restaurant (for you Iron Chef fans).
Service is impeccable, rooms beautiful, you will have a great time! Unfortunately, since they are a Park Hyatt, they do not have a RC, so breakfast must be bought.
Old Jan 25, 2001, 2:32 pm

I can't express how wonderful the Park Hyatt Tokyo is. The rooms are HUGE, not only compared to Tokyo room size standards, but to most hotel rooms.

The service is great, the feel of the hotel is a bit stiff, but hey, it's all how you look at it.

The location is fair, if you will be in the Shinjuku area, it is great, but getting to the other side of Tokyo can be a lengthy trip. The mini van shuttle to the train station and back is convenient, and if you know the train/subway system fairly well, you can get around with no problem.

Old Jan 25, 2001, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, BA Gold, Shang Elite
this is THE top hotel in tokyo, located centrally in shinzuku dsitrict, lobby on some 40/F, celebrities stay there, more suites than standard rooms...have fun

[This message has been edited by pegasus8228 (edited 01-25-2001).]
Old Jan 25, 2001, 5:00 pm

Programs: Many
It is on the West side of Shinjuku, which is a business district in its own right, and
the location of Tokyo's municipal govt. If
you mean the area where the Ginza, Imperial Palace, etc. are located, it is about 1/2
hour by train. The hotel is about a 5 min cab ride from Shinjuku Station.
Old Jan 27, 2001, 12:57 am

This is the best Hyatt at which I have ever stayed. The rooms are the best in Tokyo, and the New York Grill is considered by many to be Tokyo's best restaurant-- views are outstanding as well.

Worst thing is its remote location from the subway (nearest station is Shinjuku). Good thing about Shinjuku, however is the hourly Airport Express train.
Old Jan 27, 2001, 1:52 am

Fabulously appointed, an elegant hotel with impeccable service and a guest-oriented GM who graciously greets visitors as they arrive in the lobby. A one-of-a-kind health club on the 45th(?) floor with a view of the heart of Tokyo to one side, and Mount Fuji to the other. Outstanding in-house restaurants, and an extensive selection of other dining choices in the lower commercial floors. No, I don't work for the Hyatt.
Old Jan 28, 2001, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hyatt
My husband loved it when he stay there. I haven't get a chance to stay there yet, but can't wait (it's in our next Asia trip)!

PS. He esp enjoyed the wonderful view from gym flr!!! (Top flr of the bldg)
Old Jan 29, 2001, 7:46 pm
Original Member

Second all the opinions expressed here. One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at, I stayed here regularly 2-3 years ago. Will be going there again this year for the cherry blossom season and look forward to another WONDERFUL stay !
Old Jan 30, 2001, 6:58 am
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
I have a question...what should I expect at Park Hyatt Tokyo as a Diamond member ?? any possibility of getting an upgrade to a better room if I book a standard room ?? thanks...
Old Jan 30, 2001, 10:51 am

My experience with Park Hyatts as a Diamond is that you get very little extra. I've stayed at the Sydney and LA properties and they barely acknowledged my status.

I guess the good news is that pretty much every room is good.
Old Jan 30, 2001, 7:02 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
Just got back today from Japan where I spent 4 NAN at the Park Tokyo. This was my 5th or 6th stay there -- always on NAN or awards. This year I finally made diamond and was in the smallest room I have ever had there -- now that is 2 or 3X the average Japan hotel room size so not bad but I had hoped for one of the corner rooms. It is a WONDERFUL hotel -- the bathrooms are to kill for. As to previous comments above -- there is now a closer subway stop about 4 blocks from the hotel -- but you still should take their shuttle to Shinjuku or make the brisk walk. I also spent one night later in the week at the Century Hyatt Tokyo (I had to pay for the night), a perfectly respectable hotel but very gaudy -- the Park is pure Class! Don't miss it. If you want to eat at the New York Grill (you should) either make a reservation early, or, if they say they are full, just show up late (after 9:30) and they will accomidate you as a hotel guest -- but I still had to wait 15 minutes last Monday night @9:45!
Old Jan 30, 2001, 11:50 pm

I've always stayed there as a Diamond and never noticed any special treatment. I think this is for two reasons:

1) The "ordinary" treatment is unbelievably "special;" and

2) A substantial number of the guests appear to be VIPs of some sort or another. This is the best hotel in one of the world's largest cities-- and it's not too big.
Old Feb 14, 2001, 9:51 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
It is one of, if not the best, Hyatts in the world. It's worth the $, if you can afford it. I always stay using points or NAN -- what better place to use your points?? (at those prices). You won't regret the stay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.