Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2004, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gold Passport Concierge:
Of course, if guests prefer a larger menu selection that also includes hot items, the Girandole restaurant provides an extensive buffet. Please note that there is a charge for this buffet.
</font>
Just to hammer it home, is this an "extra charge" (which I'm OK with paying), or is it the full charge, and no breakfast value can be applied?

A number of times I've used the Amex FHR rate and was able to apply the buffet breakfast coupon towards something more expensive for a nominal (600 yen or so) charge.
Old Jan 31, 2004, 12:55 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

You don't get a coupon for the diamond breakfast, it is a separate door hanger with no price indicated on it. Probably the staff at Girandole would be totally mystified if you presented it to them, but I would be delighted to hear that isn't the case, so I'll wait for the official answer!
Old Jan 31, 2004, 6:55 pm
DCW

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Pickles:
Just to hammer it home, is this an "extra charge" (which I'm OK with paying), or is it the full charge, and no breakfast value can be applied?

A number of times I've used the Amex FHR rate and was able to apply the buffet breakfast coupon towards something more expensive for a nominal (600 yen or so) charge.
</font>
No more...PHT is not listed on the 2004 FHR book.
Old Jan 31, 2004, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DCW:
No more...PHT is not listed on the 2004 FHR book. </font>
Those AMEX people ought to get their act together one way or the other. The PHT is still listed on the Departures website. I've never stayed at the PHT as a Diamond, so we'll see soon enough. I've got 4 FFNs (and a few more on the way) to unload in the next couple of months.

Old Feb 20, 2004, 6:38 am

Park Hyatt Tokyo Mini Review

Just checked in tonight for 4 FFN nights. This promotion has me staying with Hyatt as much as possible! I hope all the compliments down encourage them to change FFNs as we currently know it.

Received 4710 (I think the smallest room on the floor) but I suppose that's due to being on FFNs. The view is still nice, although the room is surprisingly a little smaller than at the GHT. I didn't get a diamond amenity, but didn't ask for one, is there one here?

The staff has been great, very attentive and responsive. A quick call to the concierge for a DVD, and there's a knock on the door in seconds.

I asked about applying the Diamond Brkfst coupon to a full breakfast, but was told it wasn't possible.

So far a good stay...

There might be rain in the forecast for this Sunday, any good Tokyo suggestions that are still good in rainy weather?

[This message has been edited by TraveltheWorld (edited Feb 20, 2004).]
Old Feb 20, 2004, 9:52 am

Programs: Gold Passport Diamond, SPG Platinum, NWA Gold
Welcome to Tokyo!
4710 is a Guest Room category room with a king bed.
You are right, it is the smallest room, however if your
preferences allow a room with two queen beds, room 4711
is a room in the same category and larger.
Just ask if you can move.

The diamond amenity is free access to the fitness center.
Access itself is free for all hotel guests, however the
use of the bathrooms, relaxation area and changing rooms
on the 45th floor is usually charged JPY4,000 per person
for every visit.
Diamond members will have access to these areas for free.
Plus, all rental items such as shoes and T-shirts are free.
Shoes can be requested when checking in to the fitness
center, all other items can be found in the changing room.

Take the elevator to the 45th floor and you will see a sign
for the fitness reception. The fitness center is great!

I would suggest you to go to Shopping in rainy weather.
Shinjuku is an absolutely shopping district, you will
find lots of huge department stores. Take the shuttle
from the hotel to the west side of Shinjuku station,
and just a short walk to the so-called "New South Side"
(- Shin minamiguchi in Japanese) , there is the Takashimaya
department store and shopping complex, perhaps the largest
in Shinjuku.

Just ask the hotel concierge for plans, they are great.

I will be in the same hotel tomorrow for one night
Old Feb 23, 2004, 1:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
I just got back from a stay at the Park Hyatt in January. I too was given the smallest room on the floor 4610. MY friend had the room next to mine. Both were the same size. Both were paid for usineg a combination of points and Faster Free Nights, except for one paid night for one of the rooms the last night.

It is interesting to note that the Park Hyatt Tokyo does not believe in upgrading guests. You get what you pay for OR what your free night allows. To this point, when you book a FFN or points stay on the through Hyatt's website, you can choose a Park King room, which is larger than the gues room (my room 4610). If you book your FFN directly with the hotel, they will give you a regualr guest room. For my stay, I booked the last nights, because they were avaible using FFNs through the web and reserved Park Kings. The paid night was also for a Park King. The hotel opened up the first night of one room and the first 2 nigfhts of the other room (that was nice of them). Thus when I checked-in I had a reservation for 2 rooms for 3 nights using in dif room cats. The hotel told me when I checked in that the first night in one of the rooms was in a guest room, but that i could move the secnd night to a Park Kind. The hotel also said that for the second room, we could move the third night to a Park King. We choose not to relocate during our stay.

Not sure why they could not have upgraded us for the entire stay, but who cares, the majority of the nights were free.

Yes, other than the free fitness center access, no Diamond amenity. ALthough they c=give everyone a box of choloates.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 5:21 pm

Park Hyatt Tokyo and Amex FHR

Just curious about what one can expect when staying at PHT using the Amex Platinum Fine Hotels & Resorts (FHR) program.

I just booked our May trip to Tokyo through FHR since the price for a Park King was actually lower (by Y300) than Hyatt.com and we supposedly will receive a few extra amenities.

I know Diamonds report that upgrades are unheard-of at this property. Is this also true when booking through FHR, which promises "upgrade when available?"

Is the continental breakfast for Amex Platinum the same as the Diamond breakfast (hang tag for in-room roll and coffee)?

How is the complimentary afternoon tea?

Any idea what the "extra amenity" might be? Same as Diamond amenity?

Thanks for any light you can shed. We're really looking forward to this stay, regardless of any "extras."
Old Mar 25, 2004, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
An upgrade may mean several things at this property. I was upgraded as a Diamond on a points-stay to a room with a great view of Mt. Fuji. It wasn't a suite, but it was a very large room (by Tokyo standards) and very well appointed. There are very few true suites at this hotel.

I'm pretty sure for your breakfast you can have it served in your room complimentary with FHR. That is how it works with Diamond. I'm sure the tea will be very nicely done in the bar/lobby area.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I stayed at the Westin Tokyo this week. Not bad - and the biggest rooms in Tokyo, they claim, but not as good as the new Grand Hyatt which is a thing of beauty! If you are going on vacation, and would like to be near a metro station, shops and restaurants, the Grand Hyatt is better than the Park - see the current thread including my post. There are corporate rate codes elsewhere on this forum that can get you a room for Yen 27,000.
Old Apr 8, 2004, 6:53 pm

Programs: SQSolitaire,Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, CO Platinum,
Imperial Hotel

I have been very happy staying at the Imperial hotel in the old wing and I have also been given the same room 1206 for past 5 years. I get a very good rate Y23,000 and room has double beds and very spacious. Very clean and excellent service. Very near to Ginza. email me if you want to get Y23,000 Hope you enjoy your stay.
Old Apr 9, 2004, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by RJB
I stayed at the Westin Tokyo this week. Not bad - and the biggest rooms in Tokyo, they claim, but not as good as the new Grand Hyatt which is a thing of beauty! If you are going on vacation, and would like to be near a metro station, shops and restaurants, the Grand Hyatt is better than the Park - see the current thread including my post. There are corporate rate codes elsewhere on this forum that can get you a room for Yen 27,000.
Great news about the GH. I'm staying there for a week this June, although I am not a frequent Hyatt customer. However, I am starting to actually like Hyatt between the PH (esp in DC where I go frequently and it is cheap) and GH.

Hope it turns out well!
Old Apr 11, 2004, 11:15 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tenth anniversary of the Park Hyatt Tokyo

This July is the PHT's tenth anniversary. I have had so many excellent experiences at this hotel (and never tipped, it's not done in Japan) that I intend to compensate a bit by sponsoring a little "thank you" event for the hotel's staff in early July.

I don't know about availability during that time, but I was wondering if there is any interest in a small (after all, the hotel only has about 150 rooms) FTer do in conjunction with this. If there is interest, I'll check on availability and rates with the GM when I am there next month.

Edited to add: I am posting here first instead of in "community" to start with the Hyatt afficionado's feelings on the matter before doing any plans.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Apr 11, 2004 at 11:16 am Reason: elucidation
Old Apr 11, 2004, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
It is a great hotel. Stayed there in March for four nights and loved every minute of it.

My July is already booked-solid, but have fun!
Old Apr 11, 2004, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PP
Keep me posted! I'd like to go - despite my mishap at the London Do.

I went to PH Tokyo for New Year's 2002 and the staff was great, esp the Restaurant GM.

I can stop off in Tokyo on my way to Guam!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.